Bring on the Winter Olympics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:tap

And why not? There's the britpack, the germans, the french, etc. Why can't we have our own group!? And with Eli, it's called shared patriotism. He's also cute but why have a hotdog when I can have a sausage!?:D

I thought the whole meaning of the olympics is to bring the world together not segregate them.....:grouphug

As for Eli's package...I'll leave that to you. :lol Thank You very much....

Great game last night. I literally pissed myself when we tied it near the end. Congrats Canada!!

~~I vote to get Football as an Olympic sport.....unless Canada is scared. :D:D

Great game last night. I literally pissed myself when we tied it near the end. Congrats Canada!!

~~I vote to get Football as an Olympic sport.....unless Canada is scared. :D:D

We already play a game (top high schoolers)-- but then that's with the US football rules. How about Canadian football rules? 12 men and only three downs... unless you're scared. :D:D:D

Hockey novice here :)wave) , but I have an honest question:

So considering the turn out and excitement over the Olympics, why isn't hockey doing more business in Canada? My count there are only the Canadiens, Senators, Flames, Leafs and Canuks, and they lost the Nordics and the Jets. It is just better money in the US, what gives?

:dunno

A very basic explanation would be the weak exchange rate at the time (mid 90s). Other factors like the need for new arenas in Winnipeg and Québec City for instance were contributing factors.

With the stronger loonie I could see them trying again. I'd like to see the Jets back. I'm not sold on QC being a viable market for a team again since it's been overrun by Canadiens fans and they probably wouldn't want to share the province again.:rolleyes:

Or where guys who don't impress during the Combine go to show that they really can play pro football. Honestly, I wish the NFL was less short-sighted in that respect. Guys like Jeff Garcia and Doug Flutie should have been given more opportunities and respect in the NFL.

We already play a game (top high schoolers)-- but then that's with the US football rules. How about Canadian football rules? 12 men and only three downs... unless you're scared. :D:D:D

Why would we be scared?? We'd dominate regardless. There's a reason not many people talk about Canadian NFL. :D

Want A championship Browns? Play in canada.

Browns couldn't win a championship in a high school league.

Why would we be scared?? We'd dominate regardless. There's a reason not many people talk about Canadian NFL. :D

Because it's called the CFL. And since most American are oblivious to most facts that don't involved their own country that's understandable.

They win a Hockey Gold and now think they could compete with the US on the football field. :rolleyes:

You brought up adding football to the Olympics. My suggestion would be Canadian rules... Then you wouldn't have that first down that you can waste with a thrilling three yard run up the middle.

Because it's called the CFL. And since most American are oblivious to most facts that don't involved their own country that's understandable.

I'm sorry I don't follow insignificant sports in your country. I guess I need to get a subscription to ESPN 8 to keep up with CFL info.

/thread. Have a nice day.

Last edited:
You brought up adding football to the Olympics. My suggestion would be Canadian rules... Then you wouldn't have that first down that you can waste with a thrilling three yard run up the middle.

You might want to actually read the previous posts. I didn't bring up anything about football in the olympics. But that being said, I'd put up our football all-stars against your's anyday , your rules, our rules, or Marcus of Queensbury rules. :lol Your delusional if you BELIEVE you'd stay in the game. Come down from that Gold medal high and think about it.....

Many CFL players are AMERICANS who grew up playing AMERICAN football and cannot find a place in the NFL

Last edited:
You know, i might just buy a team USA Kane or Kessel jersey and walk into my local Tim Hortons or wear it out to a bar and see if any retarded Canadians would yap at me...trust me, we have idiots here just like in the US that like to make stupid generalized statements about their neighbouring countrymen.

I figure since our pride for our country is at its peak right now, maybe i should test a theory. lol!

That would probably be the equivelant of wearing a Red Sox jersey and sitting in the bleachers at Yankee stadium. You might die! :lol

Gotta love Russia! :lol

MOSCOW -- Russia president Dmitry Medvedev demanded Monday that sports officials step down over the country's dismal performance at the Winter Olympics in Vancouver.

Russia, a traditional winter sports powerhouse, won just 15 medals -- with only three golds -- in one of its worst performances. Officials said before the Games that 30 medals and a top-three finish in the medal standings was the target.

Russia placed 11th for golds and sixth in the overall medal count.

In televised comments, Medvedev said if those responsible for preparing the athletes don't resign, then the decision will be made for them. He did not mention anyone by name.

"Those who bear the responsibility for Olympic preparations should carry that responsibility. It's totally clear," Medvedev said. "I think that the individuals responsible, or several of them, who answer for these preparations, should take the courageous decision to hand in their notice. If we don't see such decisiveness, we will help them."

Omg! How stupid is that?! :monkey4

I'm sorry I don't follow insignificant sports in your country. I guess I need to get a subscription to ESPN 8 to keep up with CFL info.

/thread. Have a nice day.

Insignificant sports?... True. Better to remain isolated and then claim the winners of your American leagues as "World Champions". :lol:rotfl:lol

You might want to actually read the previous posts. I didn't bring up anything about football in the olympics. But that being said, I'd put up our football all-stars against your's anyday , your rules, our rules, or Marcus of Queensbury rules. :lol Your delusional if you BELIEVE you'd stay in the game. Come down from that Gold medal high and think about it.....

Many CFL players are AMERICANS who grew up playing AMERICAN football and cannot find a place in the NFL

True.. It was hairlesswookie-- but all you Americans look the same. :D

Back