Bring it on: DEAD MAN'S CHEST!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SideshowDusty said:
OMG, I just can't contain myself - I CANNOT WAIT FOR THURSDAY MIDNIGHT!!! I've been listening to the POTC 2 soundtrack all day, which I downloaded from iTunes. It's MOST excellent - great use of organs. It also came with a downloadable CD booklet with photos - that image of Elizabeth in her wedding gown in the rain is great, as is the one of them approaching, I guess it's the voodoo priestess' house, in a rowboat, surrounded by people in water holding candles. And everything I've heard about Bill Nighy's Davy Jones has been excellent - can't wait to see it on the big screen!

Love it when fans get psyched like this with pre-game festivities, you go girl!

Batty said:
Do you think she'll give it a good review? :lol

I hope you know that you can always trust that I will give an honest review - an honest review in my opinion that is - I'm not going to jump on any bandwagons, of course! I will never sell my soul and say I loved something if I didn't... even if it goes against public opinion ;)

I love the first POTC with all my heart, flaws and all. No, it's not a 5/5, but it's a strong 4/5. More importantly - it's pure fun! I just hope this one lives up to the first! If it does, I will be happy. If it doesn't, you can be sure I will let you know :lol

SideshowDusty said:
I hope you know that you can always trust that I will give an honest review - an honest review in my opinion that is - I'm not going to jump on any bandwagons, of course! I will never sell my soul and say I loved something if I didn't... even if it goes against public opinion ;)

I love the first POTC with all my heart, flaws and all. No, it's not a 5/5, but it's a strong 4/5. More importantly - it's pure fun! I just hope this one lives up to the first! If it does, I will be happy. If it doesn't, you can be sure I will let you know :lol

words to live by.

agreed!

SideshowDusty said:
Dusty, I always trust you. You, most of all, seem to be the voice of reason around here. I was just teasing you. Sorry if it came across wrong.

Darklord Dave said:
Raiders is just a really good popcorn movie too. As are the Bond films for that matter. Or Errol Flynn's Robin Hood. It's the popcorn movies that endure and live on in the hearts of children and the children at heart.

Understood Dave.:duff

I love Raiders, several of the early Bonds, and Adventures of Robin Hood, but Pirates didn't come anywhere near those movies for me personally.

Pirates surpassed them for me...I might even call it my favorite movie of all time.

Midnight show tonight....it's finally here, and I'm going crazy! I bought the soundtrack yesterday morning and have been listening to it ever since, except for when I was at a July 4th party. I'll be listening to it all day today, too.

This will be one of the longest days I've experienced in a while....

Josette said:
Pirates surpassed them for me...I might even call it my favorite movie of all time.

Midnight show tonight....it's finally here, and I'm going crazy! I bought the soundtrack yesterday morning and have been listening to it ever since, except for when I was at a July 4th party. I'll be listening to it all day today, too.

This will be one of the longest days I've experienced in a while....

Your are going to a midnight show tonight? Do they have any midnight shows tonight? I thought they didn't show 'til tomorrow at midnight??? I wanna go tonight!!!!

SideshowDusty said:
Your are going to a midnight show tonight? Do they have any midnight shows tonight? I thought they didn't show 'til tomorrow at midnight??? I wanna go tonight!!!!

You're right Dusty, POTC: DMC opens to the general public Friday July 7, so the earliest showing will be midnight tomorrow... :D

Unless Josette is going to a very late advanced screening

My tickets are for July 6th, 12:05 am....so yes, I'm going tonight. I actually went to the theater and double checked and it was confirmed for me. My theater called it a midnight show when I got them. They didn't say anything about an advance screening. :shrugs:

Josette said:
My tickets are for July 6th, 12:05 am....so yes, I'm going tonight. I actually went to the theater and double checked and it was confirmed for me. My theater called it a midnight show when I got them. They didn't say anything about an advance screening. :shrugs:

My ticket says 12:01am July 6th, but the theater insists that even though tomorrow at 12:01am would technically be July 7th, it still means tomorrow night... :confused:

*Daffy duck voice* Ah HAH! Timezone trouble!

Indeed there are midnight showings all over the world on 6 July. However in the civilized part of the world that's tomorrow.
:monkey5 :monkey3

SideshowDusty said:
My ticket says 12:01am July 6th, but the theater insists that even though tomorrow at 12:01am would technically be July 7th, it still means tomorrow night... :confused:

I asked my theater about this very thing, and I was told to come tonight. Because 12:05 am on July 6th is tonight. If it were tomorrow night at 12:05 am, the ticket would say July 7th. I'm Eastern time zone.

I just called my theater's number and listened to the show times for July 6th, Thursday, and my show was there. It was called a "special advance screening".

Every single midnight showing I have ever gone to (and they have been many) has been at the time printed on the ticket. If it says 12:01 am July 6th, that means it is tonight. Dusty is talking either to a) someone who doens't know what they're talking about b) someone with a cruel sense of humor or c) it is a small theater (ie not MEGAPLEX 3000 screens) with different ideas on how the am-pm thing works.

Originally, I was very confused and thought for sure it would be tomorrow. But because computers are very literal on AM-PM, I was afraid I would miss it if I didn't confirm, so I went to the theater a few days after I purchased the tickets, and sure enough, I was told said "you'll come on wednesday".

I just did an online search for showtimes in Los Angeles and Hollywood and there are no showtimes, ZERO, until "Thursday" 12:01 am which is July 7th, the day this Movie opens.

I recommend doing your own online search for your theatre's showtimes first and then follow it up with a call to confirm it with the Theatre manager.

I searched mine online on my theater's official website (national amusements) and mine is listed under Thursday, July 6th...12:05 am.

Josette said:
I searched mine online on my theater's official website and mine is listed under Thursday, July 6th...12:05 am.

I know Josette, but the online search goes by day of week, no showtimes Wednesday, earliest showtime Thursday 12:01 am which is July 7, followed by next showtime Friday July 7 10 am and so on.

I have never heard of a movie which opens on a given Friday (midnight Thursday) actually open on a Wednesday night. Again, best to check with the Theatre manager.

Or just show up of course... to be safe...

Of course there aren't any show times wednesday, because the show starts at 12:05 am...that's thursday. If I go tonight, like my ticket says, I will be seeing the movie on July 6th...which is exactly what's marked on my ticket and what it says on the website's listing.

Back