Bring it on: DEAD MAN'S CHEST!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wor-Gar said:
You guys are forgetting "SWASHBUCKLER" starring Robert "Quint" Shaw.

Easily as memorable as "The Pirate Movie".

Well, if you look closely, "The Pirate Movie" is 44% off

I guess there will be more ....

Will slack Jack return to the high seas?
Johnny Depp says we might see more Jack Sparrow
19 Jun 2006 10:13am

Johnny Depp obviously enjoys slapping on the make-up and crazy costumes of Captain Jack Sparrow for the Pirates Of The Caribbean films. The notoriously fame-shy thesp has found a way to make big budget films and also keep his artistic integrity intact. Well, most of it.

And it sounds like he’d be willing to set sail again, even though he’s just been through a marathon shooting session for the Pirates sequels. "He's a blast to play," Depp told Newsweek. "I'll be in a deep, dark depression saying goodbye to him. I'll keep the costume and just prance around the house, entertain the kids. Maybe Pirates 4, 5 and 6. If they had a good script, why not? I mean, at a certain point, the madness must stop, but for the moment, I can't say that he's done."

Avast! And heave ho! And other pirate clichés! He could be jigging in the rigging for some time to come! Sorry, don’t know why we said that. Dead Man’s Chest sails into cinemas on 6 July.

:lol
student_toe5 said:
I guess there will be more ....

Will slack Jack return to the high seas?
Johnny Depp says we might see more Jack Sparrow
19 Jun 2006 10:13am

Johnny Depp obviously enjoys slapping on the make-up and crazy costumes of Captain Jack Sparrow for the Pirates Of The Caribbean films. The notoriously fame-shy thesp has found a way to make big budget films and also keep his artistic integrity intact. Well, most of it.

And it sounds like he’d be willing to set sail again, even though he’s just been through a marathon shooting session for the Pirates sequels. "He's a blast to play," Depp told Newsweek. "I'll be in a deep, dark depression saying goodbye to him. I'll keep the costume and just prance around the house, entertain the kids. Maybe Pirates 4, 5 and 6. If they had a good script, why not? I mean, at a certain point, the madness must stop, but for the moment, I can't say that he's done."

Avast! And heave ho! And other pirate clichés! He could be jigging in the rigging for some time to come! Sorry, don’t know why we said that. Dead Man’s Chest sails into cinemas on 6 July.

Cool!! thanks for that news Toe.... I seriously think that Jack Sparrow will be the role that Depp will be remembered for in movie history, and I'm so happy to know that he enjoys playing the character so much. It makes it more likely that we will get more of him doing so....

Best line in any movie....EVER...

"But why is the Rum gone??"

classic.

DarkArtist81 said:
:lol

Cool!! thanks for that news Toe.... I seriously think that Jack Sparrow will be the role that Depp will be remembered for in movie history, and I'm so happy to know that he enjoys playing the character so much. It makes it more likely that we will get more of him doing so....

Best line in any movie....EVER...

"But why is the Rum gone??"

classic.

Thats too funny, I feel the same way....I think its just how Depp delivers the line...its classic....By far the funniest line in the entire movie...

Cant wait to see this one!!

Yeah,
It's hard to explain when you LOVE certain aspects of a movie... but don't
love the movie itself. (Maybe that's what the few who dislike SR feel?) The
GREAT thing about this POTC sequel is that HONEST TO GOD, it's as if they
never stopped filming. It's that similar to the 1st in EVERY WAY!

& I absolutely agree that Jack Sparrow is THE role that Depp will be remembered
for. He's just fun to watch, even when you *think* you've had enough
of him. (& seriously, you won't believe that Davy Jones' face is CGI! You'll
wonder how it was done at all!)

!ss!

I have a feeling the bit after the cxredits will be something with Geffory Rush. He's still in the story...part three might bring his return?:confused: :monkey1

Super Serg said:
Yeah,
It's hard to explain when you LOVE certain aspects of a movie... but don't
love the movie itself. (Maybe that's what the few who dislike SR feel?) The
GREAT thing about this POTC sequel is that HONEST TO GOD, it's as if they
never stopped filming. It's that similar to the 1st in EVERY WAY!

& I absolutely agree that Jack Sparrow is THE role that Depp will be remembered
for. He's just fun to watch, even when you *think* you've had enough
of him. (& seriously, you won't believe that Davy Jones' face is CGI! You'll
wonder how it was done at all!)

!ss!

I already feel that way. When I saw the second trailer I couldn't tell if it was make up or CGI. I knew it couldn't be real, but if that was another option I might have chosen that over make up or CGI. He looks awesome from the trailers.

I too have heard about Rush being in this but haven't heard how (ie flashback or just brought back). He has been off and on IMDB as being in 2 and 3 so who knows... well those that have seen it :rolleyes:

Thanks all of you that have seen it for your impressions of the movie. That being said: I hate and envy you all! :lol
I cannt wait to see this movie.

I dare say that Cap'n Jack will go down as a classic film character in the same stratusphere as Bond and Indy.

I'm very glad to hear the good reviews for the new movie and look forward to it. I don't put much stock in AICN reviews, but Harry said that everything in the film can be traced back to Jack, unlike some aspects of the first. So Jack is front and center the whole time and every other character is there just to support him.

I can't wait to see his dad in the 3rd one!

Darklord Dave said:
I dare say that Cap'n Jack will go down as a classic film character in the same stratusphere as Bond and Indy.

I tend to agree. That's why that Cinemaquette may be a part of my collection afterall... :rolleyes:

Do you guys want to know more about the movie?

If so, maybe we should change the thread title to Spoilers & give some cool info out...

!ss!

Super Serg said:

If so, maybe we should change the thread title to Spoilers & give some cool info out...

!ss!

Please no, not here, I want to be surrpised when next Friday comes.

I'm practically drowning in my own excitement for this movie.... I'm seeing a midnight show with a couple of mates on July 6th...actually the 5th, 'cause that's when we go to the theater. Wednesday....only a few more days away.

Super Serg said:

!ss!

If you create another thread next week for spoilers we'll join in on the discussion.

Darklord Dave said:

I seriously doubt it. Am I the only one that didn't like the first one at all? I own the DVD, and have only watched it once. I'll probably revisit it sometime soon in order to watch the sequel.

I can see how someone might think POTC was an above-average popcorn movie, but a classic?:google

Wor-Gar said:
Please no, not here, I want to be surrpised when next Friday comes.

No spoilers here Serg, yes start a new thread in a few days, no-one has really seen it yet and may regret "jumping the shark" if too much is revealed too soon!

Raiders is just a really good popcorn movie too. As are the Bond films for that matter. Or Errol Flynn's Robin Hood. It's the popcorn movies that endure and live on in the hearts of children and the children at heart.

OMG, I just can't contain myself - I CANNOT WAIT FOR THURSDAY MIDNIGHT!!! I've been listening to the POTC 2 soundtrack all day, which I downloaded from iTunes. It's MOST excellent - great use of organs. It also came with a downloadable CD booklet with photos - that image of Elizabeth in her wedding gown in the rain is great, as is the one of them approaching, I guess it's the voodoo priestess' house, in a rowboat, surrounded by people in water holding candles. And everything I've heard about Bill Nighy's Davy Jones has been excellent - can't wait to see it on the big screen!

Anyway, hope you all are having a great 4th of July! I highly recommend getting the the POTC: Dead Man's Chest soundtrack, which was released today, to put you in the mood for the movie - it DEFINITELY deserves some dancing Chewies! :chew :chew :chew

Last edited:
Like everyone else, I'm really looking forward to this. I "accidently" saw a clip from it last night. They've definitely kicked up the action in this one. And I realized I couldn't imagine anyone else but Depp as Captain Jack.

Back