bring back the creature

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was in reference to the 12inchers Occulum. The Creature 1/4 PF will take some time, 2007. Production issues. I wonder how they are going to handle it, without making it a statue. I think this is the next biggy everyone is wanting and waiting for. Not an issue with the other PF figures. A Masque of the Red Death, the Bride of Frankenstein, the Mummy. The thought is just boggling. Whichever way they go with the Creature will clue us into what to expect from a PF Metulant Mutant, should they decide to produce it.

creecher said:
It was in reference to the 12inchers Occulum. The Creature 1/4 PF will take some time, 2007. Production issues.
yeah. I do remember Mat mentioning in a chat awhile back that they were going to do a Creature premie, but it was HOW that was the issue.
For this one I would have no problem with a 100% polystone figure (ala 1/3 Abe Sapien). Maybe something with the edge of the water for a base and the Creature walking out of about 1ft deep water?
who knows. just DO IT

occulum said:
yeah. I do remember Mat mentioning in a chat awhile back that they were going to do a Creature premie, but it was HOW that was the issue.

Damn, just make a 1/4 version of that 1:1 on the previous page. That thing is awesome!

Seriously, a swimming creature would be awesome.

Take a look at the one that Rick painted here. I'd love one like that.:

https://www.dragonstoothminiatures.com/figures2.htm

:horror

Heh. I'm still hoping for more 8 inch Universal.

I would buy a PF Creature.

Heck, I want a 1:1 "fossilized arm"

and I want Ygor and Van Helsing and Inspector Krogh and Vitus and Hjalmar and Henry Frankenstein and....

elwood49 said:
Damn, just make a 1/4 version of that 1:1 on the previous page. That thing is awesome!

Seriously, a swimming creature would be awesome.

Take a look at the one that Rick painted here. I'd love one like that.:

https://www.dragonstoothminiatures.com/figures2.htm

:horror

:horror :horror :horror :horror

WOW. Rick is um...EXTREMELY talented. those are beautiful. So his site does commisions?!:D

When this subject came up at the old board, most folks voiced their preference for the design of the taller, "land" Creature, but I, too, am partial to a "swimming" Creature.

Here's another Gill Man kit, very similar to the one referenced above, that would look stunning in 1:4:

cftbl_kit.jpg

lcummins said:
Don't be too sure of that! :banana :banana :banana

Ain't that lcummins a tease?

FrankenFan said:
Here's another Gill Man kit, very similar to the one referenced above, that would look stunning in 1:4:

cftbl_kit.jpg

I think that's actually the same Gill Man kit that Rick painted for his site, he just customized the base a bit.

I thought so too, at first, but look at the position of the arms and hands, and the tilt of the head.

Maybe it's just the different angles from which the kits were photographed that creates the illusion. The base sure appears to be the same.

dmnangl.jpg

Nevermind Thames, it's the thought that counts. It's the heart attack I'm in training for, that is the point. Bring it on.

Sideshow asked for suggestions for the Creature quite a while ago. Can anyone remember what they were? I think it was pretty limited. What possibilities are there? A PF polystone statue, a swimming Creature, and perhaps some kind of rubber coated statue, was about all it boiled down to. I wonder what Sideshow has decided upon. With the limitations surrounding this figure, I hope Sideshow forewarn us if there will be a drastic price hike.

I've got to figure they'll go with a "classic" Creature ala Lon Chaney Jr. Wolfman rather than wait for some 2007 CGI creature. They can always do one of those later ala the Thing Maquette.

JAS

*if* he is going to be somewhat poseable, I think I'd want him standing. If articulation is out of the picture, I'd prefer a swimming pose.

I think we will get the Gills when Thamesvalidude gets his Giles. Poor joke but I had to say it, we are all hanging out for something, and we internationals have to hang out longer than you luckers in the States. Yes, that's luckers. :D

The Creature will be the one we all know and love. Any 1/6 creature would have to be from the other film, one we haven't yet seen. Sideshow don't do re-issues.

Back