Brian Wood's Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cover to issue seven.
th_vaderrock.gif
th_vaderrock.gif
th_vaderrock.gif

starwars71.jpg

I so want to get back to reading comics, and this series is primarily the responsible party.

But I want to avoid floppies and go to digital. Will my color Nook support Dark Horse and other comics?

I'm going to look into it. :D

I just bought all six issues of the new Star Wars series from Dark Horse. I hope this doesn't lead me down the path of wanting an iPad just to read comics on! Happy to be digital though, finally.

I'll try, but I don't think they will look that good on my Nook, since the screen is kind of small, even though you can view one panel at a time. It's still kind of wonky. Worst part on the Nook is there is no discernible app for the Nook, so they have to be viewed in the web browser. Yuck. But I'm gonna give it a shot now.

Anybody else here read digital comics?

Well, I finished issue 1 of Star Wars on my Air, because I could not for the life of me get the damn page to load on my Nook. Ho hum.

Absolutely loved the book. Brian Wood is fantastic, always has been. And you are witnessing my reintroduction for the second time into comics. I love the idea that I read it, it cost less than a hard copy, and I don't have to worry about adding it to the pile of thousands of floppies all boxed up in my closet already.

So the purge will begin soon. New sales goal: enough funds to be able to buy an iPad for comic book reading from here on out! :D

I just bought all six issues of the new Star Wars series from Dark Horse. I hope this doesn't lead me down the path of wanting an iPad just to read comics on! Happy to be digital though, finally.

I'll try, but I don't think they will look that good on my Nook, since the screen is kind of small, even though you can view one panel at a time. It's still kind of wonky. Worst part on the Nook is there is no discernible app for the Nook, so they have to be viewed in the web browser. Yuck. But I'm gonna give it a shot now.

I tried reading comics digitally but it's not my cup of tea. I prefer having the physical copy in hand. Plus I love collecting the variant covers to some issues and framing them.

Well, I finished issue 1 of Star Wars on my Air, because I could not for the life of me get the damn page to load on my Nook. Ho hum.

Absolutely loved the book. Brian Wood is fantastic, always has been. And you are witnessing my reintroduction for the second time into comics. I love the idea that I read it, it cost less than a hard copy, and I don't have to worry about adding it to the pile of thousands of floppies all boxed up in my closet already.

So the purge will begin soon. New sales goal: enough funds to be able to buy an iPad for comic book reading from here on out! :D

I have a Nook, Kindle Fire 7" (non hd), and an iPad with retina display. I read more on the kindle than any since its easier to take to work but it does require frequent zooming and turning the tablet for the best view. BUT, the iPad retina screen quality is WAAAYYY better and looks soooo crisp. Note, I am not an apple fan boy and the only reason I have one is because the wife wanted it; but there is no arguing the screen quality, its pretty amazing..... and pricey :(

Well, I'm an Apple fanboy, and you pretty much just sold me. My old eyes don't need to strain. The first six issues have looked great on my Air the past two days, and they panel to panel very nicely. I'm positively hooked!

I'm not in this section of the forum very often and just read this. I don't collect comics anymore and rarely read them. However this looks very promising. I imagine there are 6 books out by now, how hard would it be to play catch up? I may run by the lcs and see what they have.

I've been interested in this too, but can't get the back issues. According to Dark Horse, Vol 1 of the TPB which has issues 1-6 + Free Comic Book Day stuff is due out Sept 18, if you feel like waiting

I buy my comics in print and read the digital version only if a free copy is included in the issue. I don't support digital as a whole, it will be the death of print. I enjoy going to my lcs and browsing covers and flipping through the issues to make my selection. the more the digital world goes, the less print there well be to collect.

I'd say I'm about 25% physical, 75% digital. SW is one of the 7-8 books a month that I pick up the actual comic from my local shop. Nothing beats reading an actual comic book, but that being said, I don't want to have boxes and boxes 10-20 years from now.

I bought an iPad Mini solely for reading comics, and I don't regret my purchase one bit. I mean yeah, I use it for many other things now, but I wouldn't have bought one if not for comics. I love it. It's so great to have the majority of my collection at my fingertips anytime I want. And you can read in the dark. :)

PS Glad you're enjoying the book, fury! It's amazing.

Yeah, you got me back into comics! I've gotta read about a short box of backlog from prior to school starting a couple of years ago and then it's full steam ahead.

So, the iPad mini is big enough? That would me nice, as it's more affordable and more portable too! Does it come with retina display?

/me runs off to check the Apple store.

No retina display unfortunately, but its super lightweight, very portable, and gets excellent battery life. I'm sure those who have used an iPad Fat for years might have issues with it, but this was my first tablet and I'm incredibly happy.

For the most part, I can read full pages without going into panel view. Panel view is cool, but I prefer the entire page. On occasion, the text is just slightly too small and I'll use it. Whenever there is a two page spread though, I have to.

I was happy in my having put comic books behind me many years ago.

Then I see this...and I like it.

If I wanted to find the first issues on ebay, what would I search for?

Edit - Never mind...found them.

And by the way...thanks for posting these.

I've thinking on giving digital comics a try.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the series! :hi5:

One great looking cover issue!! :rock

Heck yeah it is! :rock

Back