Brain Storming CW Obi Wan ......

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Guys, I appreciate the kind words but I fear that I'm overshadowing the original intent of the thread. It was a Clonobi sculpt with all of the hair removed and then resculpted back on. It was really just to show what can be done with a little work .

I've attached a beautiful photograph of the cast taken by my good friend Maulfan .( he makes everything look good ! :lol )

Hey Rex's peace hand comes in handy :rotfl

peaceobi.jpg

I've had some requests for a parts list so here we go.

Parts List for my Clonobi:

Body: SSC Sandtrooper w/ bodysuit

Tunic and Cumberbund: Hasbro Qui Gon Jinn w/ Tabard carfully cut off and used as center thing hanging down.

Armor Parts: Shin guards, Knee pads, Forearm, elbow, bicep and just the shoulders from a SSC Phase 1 Clone.

Chest Armor: SSC CW Anakin w/ the shoulders removed (besure to keep the elastic band on the chest part in order to attach the clone ones)

Belt: SSC Plo Koon (it's all I had I would prefer and Obi wan belt instead)

Pouches: SSC CW Anakin

Neck glove: SSC Sandtrooper

Hands and Feet: SSC Clone (any really)

Hope that helps everyone :)

Hey Mark, Got the Heads! and shoulders for biker too :) Thanks sooo much man, I got one on as a place holder and im shaving the others hair to resculpt it. Now, I've never done it before so what is the best stuff i need to scult let dry ? and paint? little advise from any one on this part. anyways here couple shot I took before bed time try for better one tomorrow, as you all know i can't take a good pic to save my life lol.

:)

almostdoneobi.jpg

the shoulders which I'll put on my thread aswell lol

thanksmark.jpg

and a pic of the CW crew:

cwcrew.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Hey Mark, Got the Heads! and shoulders for biker too :) Thanks sooo much man, I got one on as a place holder and im shaving the others hair to resculpt it. Now, I've never done it before so what is the best stuff i need to scult let dry ? and paint? little advise from any one on this part.

what I use is a polymer clay called FIMO to sculpt anything. I LOVE IT! you can get it at Micheal's Craft store, Joann Fabrics, and Hobby Lobby.

as for paints, I just acrylics that I find at those respective stores. Like Deco Art Americana, FolkArt Acrylics, Delta Ceramcoat acrylics, and another one with an apple on the label (the name escapes me) but in general, i think acrylics are what to use.

I hope that helps, bud!

what I use is a polymer clay called FIMO to sculpt anything. I LOVE IT! you can get it at Micheal's Craft store, Joann Fabrics, and Hobby Lobby.

as for paints, I just acrylics that I find at those respective stores. Like Deco Art Americana, FolkArt Acrylics, Delta Ceramcoat acrylics, and another one with an apple on the label (the name escapes me) but in general, i think acrylics are what to use.

I hope that helps, bud!

Sure did, just ordered 10oz of it flesh color and some sculpting tools, thank for the tip :)

Added 1 more bit of detail do you see it??? :)

Many thanks out to Witekite for the awesome decal, Oh and Witekite, the holsters bro, AWESOME!!!! I'll post some pics later of them om my Sandies crew. Thanks for makin those bud :hi5:

obidecal.jpg

Last edited:
Added 1 more bit of detail do you see it??? :)

Many thanks out to Witekite for the awesome decal, Oh and Witekite, the holsters bro, AWESOME!!!! I'll post some pics later of them om my Sandies crew. Thanks for makin those bud :hi5:

obidecal.jpg

That is looking awesome and I have to admit to not being a fan of that look!!!

OK, so i got my FIMO Soft sculpting stuff today and well I went to work making the hair on my clonobi and after I was done I was like " Ok, not so bad..." then got to readint the packaging to see how long till it dries and noticed it wa Oven Hardening, so am I screwed? wont the oven melt the head? anyways this is the first time I ever sculpted anything, except for doodads for belts etc.. but how hard is it to make a box out of putty, so no laughing at my work ok? LOL :lol anyways let me know what you think.

firstsculptobi5.jpg

firstsculptobi6.jpg

firstsculptobi7.jpg

firstsculptobi8.jpg

Shot of the two Clonobi's

obix2.jpg

And Done..... Want to thank everyone for all your Help. Tips, Support and Useful Items that help make this Clonobi come together, Thanks to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clonobidone.jpg

Last edited:
that looks awesome dude really good hair resculpt especially for a first timer :) trust me it gets easier as you go along

Looks great! Especially for your first tine sculpting hair! The more you do the better you'll get!

But Please tell you did in fact bake the head before you painted it!

SS heads won't melt in the oven. The soft stuff like Legolas' hair, Aragorn's hair and Boromir's hair might shrink or pointed edges become rounded, so don't bake those but the solid heads bake well. I've baked 4 SS 1/6 heads and a few others from other company's and none have melted, they just get soft at the neck, so try not to grab from there until completely cooled.

Back