Bowen Statues/Busts - Look what's coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Bowen Thanos on Throne - Anyone ordere it?

You bet ya!!

And no BD is no toy!

nope i dont order bowen stuff, to me they are just toys not collectibles. SS and HTs only, maybe a medicom and yamato if it looks really unique.

May be your new collector? Bowen have been making Marvel statue for a while now :slap Diamond select and Hard hero also, But Bowen still making more Marvel and the other two gone :wave. I like Bowen for comic version. Sideshow 1/4 scale (Marvel,Predator & Aliens) soon DC can't wait for Joker PF. Hot Toys For Detail and likeness of person and accessories, U can change pose (play with it a little)

I'm sorry...but to me HT are toys and Bowen produces statues...how can you categorize Bowen as a toy? Do you mean that "Bowen is a toy"...meaning a POS?...Because if that's the case...I can live with that....but HT my friend are toys...HELLO! :rotfl

:lol:goodpost::goodpost:

i meant bowen is lower quality, same as you wouldnt collect hasbro cra...err toys...well i wouldnt anyway.

hot toys are not toys :(

your saying :dunno This is one of my favorite

picture.php

Some folks seem to confuse size with quality around here :dunno

This Thanos looks effin great. I would normally be all over it as I dig the cosmic characters, but the footprint of that throne is kinda putting me off - really just because of the display space it would take.

Order is placed and now the waiting game...:(

Just need a Thonos PF, Comi or both and my Thanos collection should be complete.

People can say what they want about Bowen's quality but at least Bowen knows how to sculpt Thanos. He looks like he literally stepped off the comics pages into real life.

I own the Sideshow Thanos because he's my favorite character, but that hyena faced sculpt is not thanos from the comics....not even close.

So in the Mad Titan department, BOWEN is not the lesser company. My hat is off to Randy.

Last edited:

Never will understand the bashing of Bowen Designs. The man and his company still puts out some great product. I will be the first to say that I don't order nearly as much Bowen product as I once did, but there's no denying, the man knows what he's doing.

But for what ever reason a lot of collectors stand in line to take their pound of flesh on BD and its statues.

Exactly, Im in the same boat, I don't own as many Bowen pieces as Sideshow pieces, but the ones I own are masterpieces and they would be some of the last pieces I would sell if I was backed into a corner.

Masterpiece:

PlanetHulkStatue.jpg

This is a masterpiece! I placed my order.

I saw it on BBTS today when I ordered the HT '89 batman & nicholson joker

Had to go this route to order my Thanos on throne. Can't go the BD website way...:slap

Got my account banned from there when the Retro Cable came out. Thought I would give a try and see if I could sneak an order in, and got my order rejection email and told to go purchase at another site...:lol

I still like the statue, but screw Virgina over there at BD...:mad:

Had to go this route to order my Thanos on throne. Can't go the BD website way...:slap

Got my account banned from there when the Retro Cable came out. Thought I would give a try and see if I could sneak an order in, and got my order rejection email and told to go purchase at another site...:lol

I still like the statue, but screw Virgina over there at BD...:mad:

What did you do?

What did you do?

I don't know if you remember the Retro Cable three week shipping delay, but that was the bases of the story.

Got fed with the waiting after three weeks had passed of them taking my money. I know they said they had in house inspection going on, but three weeks after you took my money. I wanted my statue or my money back on the spot. Said that with a few cuss words mixed in, and WALA...get an email saying here's your fully refunded money and your account has been closed.

Never wanted my account closed, but hey that's the way the apple fell from the tree.

Oh yeah and it was Virgina that I had the words with back in the day and that closed my account...small world after all...:lol

This is an awesome statue. However, I do own the original FS Thanos. When I have time and some spare cash, I will have a painter customize the colors on his costume. Get rid of that ridiculous baby blue color on his costume. The original FS is such a killer piece. Once I have him repainted, it will be the perfect Thanos statue for me.

nope i dont order bowen stuff, to me they are just toys not collectibles. SS and HTs only, maybe a medicom and yamato if it looks really unique.

Don't understand this kind of post.

I trust Bowen much more than SSC when it comes to classic comic designs. Case in point is that SSC Ultron PF.

If you want silver/bronze age comic characters, stick with Bowen.

Boring or not, at least Bowen didn't take the source material and flush it down the toilet. Spot on likeness IMO.

:exactly::goodpost:
I myself don't buy Bowens anymore (atleast not at the moment, still eyeing M.O.D.O.K.) but BD were the 1st ones that got me into this hobby and being one of the pioneers of this hobby of ours, I'd say they deserve better than these unfounded bashings. Just sayin. :dunno

Back