Bowen Statues/Busts - Look what's coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Future Looks Bright for Bowen!

497046987_dc8ut-L.jpg

It more the color choice than the apps that makes me feel this way. The red and gold doesn't have the pop of the SS CIM comiquette, and Bowen seems to use the same stock "Iron Man" color for everything instead of improving on it. My opinion comes from seeing the Hulkbuster IM, Extremis (flying), and Classic (comic cover) in person.

However, I do have the BD Hulkbuster and the apps aren't very good. The first one I sent back because of sloppy shading and the helmet wouldn't fit on right. The second one came with a chip on the helmet and one leg was missing the silver on the "bolts" and the grey shading in the "grating" on the front of the leg. Also some sloppy paint work around the one eye. I was able to easily fix all of these issues, but I shouldn't have to.

If you let people post pictures of defective Bowen statues on your forum, perhaps you would be more aware of such issues. :D

Last edited:

I thought the paint on the new extremis iron man was extremly flat and uninspired, i want them to shine under my lights on display ;)

It more the color choice than the apps that makes me feel this way. The red and gold doesn't have the pop of the SS CIM comiquette, and Bowen seems to use the same stock "Iron Man" color for everything instead of improving on it. My opinion comes from seeing the Hulkbuster IM, Extremis (flying), and Classic (comic cover) in person.

However, I do have the BD Hulkbuster and the apps aren't very good. The first one I sent back because of sloppy shading and the helmet wouldn't fit on right. The second one came with a chip on the helmet and one leg was missing the silver on the "bolts" and the grey shading in the "grating" on the front of the leg. Also some sloppy paint work around the one eye. I was able to easily fix all of these issues, but I shouldn't have to.

If you let people post pictures of defective Bowen statues on your forum, perhaps you would be more aware of such issues. :D

Oh, you're one of the nut jobs that takes a magnifying glass to your sculpts. I should have figured. What a nightmare you guys are!

As for your assessment of the Hulkbuster paint apps...WOW! We must have VERY different eyes! That piece has some of the BEST Bowen paint apps ever. :)

Al can you please find out what happened to Dazzler for me? I was looking forward to her. Thanks!

I thought the paint on the new extremis iron man was extremly flat and uninspired, i want them to shine under my lights on display ;)

I didn't buy Extremis. Extremis & Warren Ellis both suck. Give me Layton Iron Man any day!

The first Hawkeye was pretty badass, but I might have to just get this one since I really like this pose

Back