Bowen Statues/Busts - Look what's coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Future Looks Bright for Bowen!

hahaha Al always sends people to statuemarvels.com.

Got a problem with the government? just go to statuemarvels.com.
Need Groceries? just go to statuemarvels.com.

I don't post much but I just don't understand why people have so much hate for Bowen/Al and why they have such devotion to Sideshow as if Sideshow were some deity and can do no wrong. In fact, their blind obsession with Sideshow is exactly what they acuse Al of doing with Bowen. I collect both Sideshow and Bowen, they both make great products and both make occasional stinkers. Why have to side with one against the other? Why not enjoy both. Yes, Al promotes statuemarvels. He does it in a nice way, usually providing the latest Bowen information. Why does that bother anyone. I think alot of the people who mock Al are jealous of the success he has with his message board and the fact that Randy Bowen avidly posts there. Get a life people. Enjoy collecting and stop with the childish insults.

I don't post much but I just don't understand why people have so much hate for Bowen/Al and why they have such devotion to Sideshow as if Sideshow were some deity and can do no wrong. In fact, their blind obsession with Sideshow is exactly what they acuse Al of doing with Bowen. I collect both Sideshow and Bowen, they both make great products and both make occasional stinkers. Why have to side with one against the other? Why not enjoy both. Yes, Al promotes statuemarvels. He does it in a nice way, usually providing the latest Bowen information. Why does that bother anyone. I think alot of the people who mock Al are jealous of the success he has with his message board and the fact that Randy Bowen avidly posts there. Get a life people. Enjoy collecting and stop with the childish insults.

:goodpost::exactly: It seems to be a crime to collect both companies around here. Both SS and Bowen have released some of the BEST marvel statues ever made. Buy what you like without slamming other collectors.

The reason that there is animosity toward Al here is that it's easy to tell that he isn't interested in participating in this forum. He just employes guerrilla tactics to post his precious little sneaks. It's pretty much a rarity to see him post twice in the same thread besides a textless post or two with some pictures. It's practically just spam, IMO. Most of the people who wish to see what he's peddling have already seen it on another forum, so its just redundant anyway. As it has been mentioned in another thread, Al probably has done more harm to BD than good around here.

...and just for the record, I can't imagine anyone around here that is jealous of Al. :lol

Feel free to go back to Statue Marvels and spread the word that we don't have this unbridled hate towards BD, just so everybody on that forum can sleep better at night.

dude that comment is idiotic.

Sideshow goes to great lengths to best Bowen woth their Marvel sculpts...(larger scale, mixed media...ect) and the funny part is most of the time Sideshows marvel sculpts still fall short.

Poor mans sideshow, no chance.

Truth be told ...when you're the best at something, people are ALWAYS looking to knock you down. :lecture

I appreciate both entities. BUT... I tell ya, the Venomasaurus, or what ever-the-hell that thing is...is NOT a step in the right direction. Next thing you know SS will be producing Disney characters in Marvel gear.:gah:

I have never said I hated Al or Bowen products. Hell I've even said I like some of the stuff he has put out especially recent stuff I've seen previewed. All I do is point out the obvious. Al comes on SSF, and says "come to Statuemarvels blah blah blah". What about discussing it here? I guess SSF isnt good enough for him. Nor does he really say anything worth mentioning except "this figure is out now and purchase it through my site".

And just because some one says something negative about a product doesnt mean they hate the company. All companies have product that has come out that has been good and bad. And I dont even know who you are.

Again I dont hate Al nor Bowen. I wont say it again and will continue giving my opinion on products. If I think it sucks... I'll say. And if you goes dont like it :nana: :wave.

The reason that there is animosity toward Al here is that it's easy to tell that he isn't interested in participating in this forum. He just employes guerrilla tactics to post his precious little sneaks. It's pretty much a rarity to see him post twice in the same thread besides a textless post or two with some pictures. It's practically just spam, IMO. Most of the people who wish to see what he's peddling have already seen it on another forum, so its just redundant anyway. As it has been mentioned in another thread, Al probably has done more harm to BD than good around here.

...and just for the record, I can't imagine anyone around here that is jealous of Al. :lol

Feel free to go back to Statue Marvels and spread the word that we don't have this unbridled hate towards BD, just so everybody on that forum can sleep better at night.

Yeah, it is sorta like Spam. And no one is jealous of him.

I'm really hoping for a fs High Evolutionary in phase 5

Bezzerkerr; said:
dude that comment is idiotic.

Sideshow goes to great lengths to best Bowen woth their Marvel sculpts...(larger scale, mixed media...ect) and the funny part is most of the time Sideshows marvel sculpts still fall short.

Poor mans sideshow, no chance.
Why is his comment idiotic? Because he doesn't agree with you?

As much as I love to fuel the fire...both companies have thier pros and cons.

Bowen offers a much wider character selection and are made to look as though the character stepped directly out of the comic book. The intended comic book appearance means Bowen statues generally have simplified sculpts (not to say bad or underdetailed!!). The price is getting too high for the size, but still on average you can pick up the statues cheaper and because of the size they are easier to display (not as much room needed). Bowen also suffers from a lack luster website that is apparently easily hacked and not user friendly.

Sideshow offers a much narrower character selection, however, it seems that for better or worse Sideshow is stepping outside thier main character comfort zone recently. Their offerings usually have a greater sense of realism with more complicated sculpts (again not to say that its superior). Thier prices are more acceptable for the size, however, they are still above the average Bowen piece. You also need more room for Sideshow offerings and thus its more difficult to display. Sideshow also has a very user friendly and presumably secure website which makes ordering a breeze.

^^^That's pretty much exactly what I think about the two companies as well.

I have no bias towards either company - both produce stuff I like & dislike for various reasons.

I think much of the forum angst which appears to be directed towards Bowen is likely more directed towards Al. His Bowen spamming and idol worshipping seems to irritate lots of people. If one takes the time to notice, they would observe that much of the negativity that is spewed towards BD often follows one of Al's sycophantic posts. Of course, there are occasions when Bowen does produce a total dud too.

As for SS and BD, I genuinely like both, however, over the past couple of years, most of my hobby dollars have been directed towards SS. I find I get better quality for my money, at least on the items I choose to buy.

Last edited:

What a pathetic attempt at an insult. How many days did it take you to come up with that one? :lol

Sorry I spoke ill of your favorite company to spank it to. :monkey1

Read your post again, d-bag. It sounds like a little girl whining and complaining. Idiot.

BB

Re: Bowen Cable Retro statue

Too bad I can't afford it at the moment.

I love the product that both companies produce, as well as stuff put out from Gentle Giant, DC Direct, Kotobukiya, Hot Toys, ARH Studios and a few others. Each company has produced some some great pieces and some stinkers. Seeing as how each one has different licenses, it's great to have so many companies coming out with different characters that I might not get if there were only one or two.

I've seen the same discussions on a few boards about Bowen and Al. I don't tend to pay it too much mind. Like the companies, it's nice to have multiple forums to express my opinions. If I don't like one person I ignore them and if I don't care for the board I visit a different one.

892895209_WWs7G-X2.jpg

I think much of the forum angst which appears to be directed towards Bowen is likely more directed towards Al. His Bowen spamming and idol worshipping seems to irritate lots of people. If one takes the time to notice, they would observe that much of the negativity that is spewed towards BD often follows one of Al's sycophantic posts. Of course, there are occasions when Bowen does produce a total dud too.

As for SS and BD, I genuinely like both, however, over the past couple of years, most of my hobby dollars have been directed towards SS. I find I get better quality for my money, at least on the items I choose to buy.

Al does seem to bring out the worst in some guys on these forums.:lecture Heck just last night it was Al vs Statue Forum. :panic:

Last edited:
Back