Bowen Statues/Busts - Look what's coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Bowen Designs Doc Ock FS Statue!!!!

Wow..one of their most spectacular piece fo sure.

I did, and do, look back at the old tentacle art... If these looked like that I would be sitting here with one giant octopus boner. These are just not looking finished to me, is this the final stage for this piece or is it still a work in progress?

just went and looked at some old pics and if i see anything maybe they should be a bit thicker imo.

yeah, yeah i know that's what she said.:banghead

I was thinking that they looked like what you would find on a much cheaper piece. I would like them to at least be more segmented looking, maybe shinier so there would be the reflective details going on. I like everything else about this piece.

not sure but it looks like they do have the third claw :confused:

I stand corrected. I can see them now that I'm on my desktop instead of my laptop.

Also, I don't know if the final production piece will have them, but in those photos it looks like the tentacles are bendable/poseable. There are two little pairs of holes on the undersides of the tentacles in intervals like on a lot of toys that have bendable joints. Could be very cool (or very uncool depending on point of view).

I was thinking that they looked like what you would find on a much cheaper piece. I would like them to at least be more segmented looking, maybe shinier so there would be the reflective details going on. I like everything else about this piece.

i see what you're saying there and have to agree for a higher end collectable the tentacles do look a bit on the cheap side.

I stand corrected. I can see them now that I'm on my desktop instead of my laptop.

Also, I don't know if the final production piece will have them, but in those photos it looks like the tentacles are bendable/poseable. There are two little pairs of holes on the undersides of the tentacles in intervals like on a lot of toys that have bendable joints. Could be very cool (or very uncool depending on point of view).

i would have to vote uncool, since adjustable would make me think of a cheap walmart toy instead of a highend collectable.

i see what you're saying there and have to agree for a higher end collectable the tentacles do look a bit on the cheap side.

i would have to vote uncool, since adjustable would make me think of a cheap walmart toy instead of a highend collectable.

Yup, I have a Doc Ock with bendable tents, it's the one in that picture posted on this thread where he is on the phone in bed, I think those tentacles are more detailed than these... and that piece costs about $12. If they are bendies then I think they should include them as an option and also have something that looks more like the book for normal display.

Still a cool piece, but if those are the only tentacles the price should reflect it, in only my opinion of course.

I was on the Bowen site earlier tonight and it does say that the tentacles are indeed poseable.

Poseable tentacles are not a bad thing. Less breakage and it allows you to customize your statue...also good for Stop Motion Animation :)

ewww... i was looking forward to this one but after seeing the tentacles, it makes the whole statue look cheap. Bowen should look at the Back in black spidey base and checkout how SS did the one busted arm.

ewww... i was looking forward to this one but after seeing the tentacles, it makes the whole statue look cheap. Bowen should look at the Back in black spidey base and checkout how SS did the one busted arm.

yep i'm thinking this one will be an ebay steal :naughty

Are the arms at least detachable, does anyone know?

If so then some cool arms could be commissioned...

747124609_UYdbm-O.jpg

Updated pics!

I am very excited about this piece.

I've been waiting a LONG time for this one. an absolute MUST for me.

now all we need is a BOWEN Carnage re-visit

Re: M.O.D.O.K. Final Version!

I have to admit, this is impressive. Except for the muddy goo on the bottom, impressive no doubt. I think DC Direct is better at fire/smoke/water?. Is this the first time a statue is done on M.O.D.O.K.? I doubt SS will make a MODOK.

Back