Bountyhunters....4-LOM and Zuckuss....The Hunt for Han Solo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boba Felder

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am pretty much a Star Wars fan since I was a kid. I love everything about it,BUT I really dig the Bountyhunters and yeah you guess it Boba Fett is my Main Man!!!!

BUT...yes another BUT....I really loved that scene where Darth Vader gathered all the Bountyhunters on his Star Destroyer in "The Empire Strikes Back".
First off I´ll present you 2 Characters from this scene....Its 4-LOM and Zuckuss....I am working on the others too. :wink

4-LOM_und_Zuckuss_Bountyhunters.jpg

4-LOM_und_Zuckuss_Bountyhunters_1_.jpg

4-LOM was an ambitious protocol droid who overwrote his own programming to embark on a life of crime. A LOM-series droid, 4-LOM's first assignment was aboard a luxury liner named the Kuari Princess, where he served as a translator between the vessel's wealthy passengers and its computer. He found this work mundane and undemanding, and after the Kuari Princess's computer altered his programming, 4-LOM began to steal from his passengers. Eventually, he left the Kuari Princess for good, becoming an expert thief, information broker, and, after Jabba Desilijic Tiure altered his programming further, a highly successful bounty hunter.

Jabba paired 4-LOM with another hunter named Zuckuss, and together they claimed several high-profile bounties for the Hutt Cartel. Although 4-LOM had initially only partnered with Zuckuss in order to learn the Gand's intuitive findsman abilities, the two bonded, and the droid stayed loyal to Zuckuss after the Gand was critically injured during the Galactic Civil War. Desperate for the funds necessary to heal Zuckuss, they incurred the wrath of the Galactic Empire when they accepted a bounty on Nardix, an Imperial governor, though Darth Vader ignored this fact when he enlisted their aid during the hunt for Han Solo. 4-LOM and Zuckuss infiltrated the Rebel Alliance, hoping to kidnap Solo at the Rebel rendezvous point, though Boba Fett managed to capture the bounty before them.

After the Rebels healed Zuckuss, the two bounty hunters joined the Alliance, and attempted to rescue Han Solo from Boba Fett before the Mandalorian could deliver him to Jabba the Hutt. They failed utterly, though, and 4-LOM was left badly damaged. Zuckuss restored him, but had to perform a complete memory wipe to do so; the idealism that led the droid to join the Rebellion was gone, and 4-LOM no longer remembered his aspirations of achieving intuition and mastering the Force. He became a cold, calculating individual, and took bounties from unsavory employers such as Quaffug—he also left the Rebel Alliance and severed ties with Zuckuss. The two did perform one last hunt together, capturing Drawmas Sma'Da for a sizable sum of money, though from that point on, 4-LOM worked alone.

4-LOM_und_Zuckuss_Bountyhunters_2_.jpg

4-LOM_und_Zuckuss_Bountyhunters_3_.jpg

"The case is inconclusive, but the processor doesn't appear to be at fault. The subject claims he committed crimes simply 'for love of money.'"
―Industrial Automaton investigators, after interviewing 4-LOM

Is a quote about 4-LOM on Wookiepedia.com

Zuckuss was a successful Gand bounty hunter during the height of the New Order. Referred to as "The Uncanny One" by his fellow hunters, Zuckuss was renowned for his ability to discover hidden quarry. His tracking skills derived both from his training as a findsman and from his innate Force-sensitivity, allowing him to sense individuals at range and sense the motives of his prey.

During his long career, Zuckuss had many associates but was known primarily to partner with the droid 4-LOM. The two made a formidable bounty hunting team, and were successful in retrieving the Yavin Vassilika, over such opponents as Bossk and Dengar. Their success eventually attracted the attention of the Empire, and they were hired by Darth Vader to find the Millennium Falcon near the end of the Galactic Civil War. Due to his famed abilities, Zuckuss was highly sought after, and he found employment with the Bounty Hunters Guild, the Hutt Cartel, TaggeCo, and even the Rebellion for a time. Somewhat of a Rebel sympathizer, Zuckuss eventually began to hunt primarily for New Republic targets near the end of his career.

Although incredibly successful, Zuckuss was not without major flaws. He was plagued with schizophrenia and an advanced case of multiple personality disorder which caused him to speak in two different dialects. Despite his mental health, Zuckuss became incredibly popular on his homeworld of Gand, eventually inspiring an entire generation of Gand bounty hunters to seek success off-world.

4-LOM_und_Zuckuss_Bountyhunters_4_.jpg

4-LOM_und_Zuckuss_Bountyhunters_5_.jpg

"Zuckuss is dangerous to himself and others."
―Gawynn Karastee

Is a quote about Zuckuss on Wookiepedia.com

I have build a litte base for them,with some LED spots in the ground...looks pretty cool in the dark.

4-LOM_und_Zuckuss_Bountyhunters_7_.jpg

...and here are the weapons

4-LOM_und_Zuckuss_Bountyhunters_6_.JPG

I repainted Zuckuss`s Head,Harness,Weapon and Gloves completly and gave him some drybrushing everywhere.
4-LOM`s head was also completly repainted and he got some drybrushing and a modified German MG 34.
Oh BTW....both Figures are stock Hasbro and I was pretty impressed with their apperance straight out of the box....BUT out of the box and good enough for me :wink

I hope you guys like what I did to both of them.

Thank you guys for the positive feedback...its much appreciated!!!

...and I really got them cheap from Ebay. 4-LOM was 1.99 and Zuckuss was 6.50....with a little time and paint on hand...these look really cool.

Next in line is IG-88
Oh BTW...did somebody ever try to make one of these???

800px-Dlt20A.jpg

Danny, figured I would bump this thread since we are in "bounty hunter" mode.

I am really liking that Zuckuss. When I get going on mine, I probably will just copy what you did to yours. Fantastic repaint.

awesome job on the bounty hunters, i like zuckuss more because he's one of my favorite looking characters but killer job on both!!!! congrats! i wish sideshow would give us the bounty hunters because i suck at repainting and customizing :eek: just take a look at my poodoo sqaud in the show us your troops thread! :google

Danny, figured I would bump this thread since we are in "bounty hunter" mode.

I am really liking that Zuckuss. When I get going on mine, I probably will just copy what you did to yours. Fantastic repaint.

Oh no! the next "phase" has arrived! First clones, then tuskens, now OT bounty hunters already! And I don't have any Tuskens! :monkey2

whatever shall I do... :dunno

and I thought there would be more Chewies :rolleyes: :chew

didn't notice these before Boba felder, nice work! I like the base's grating... perfectly Star Wars!

Chris...thx for the Bump...and guys...THANK YOU for the feedback!!!
I am relly trying to stick to the Bountyhunters...BUT I believe I dont try enough LOOOOL!!!

BUT I believe I dont try enough LOOOOL!!!

that being short for "Laughing out out out out loud"? :lol

if anyone doesn't try enough around here, it's me... but I got an excuse... I'm sick for now... but actually, I've done more customizing in one day while sick than in 2 weeks of being not-sick... don't know how that works out... :dunno

anyway boba felder, keep up the good work, I'd like to see what you're gonna work on next!

Bid...thx for your comment....

@Dude.....I meant I dont try hard enough just sticking to the OT Bountyhunters.....
The whole damn SW Universe got to much cool characters....

Back