Boromir sold out

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow... for people complaining about his likeness.. he sold out faster then the others.

The details are amazing. The more we wait, the more Sideshow will release better collectibles. With higher sculpt quality.
I think it is not possible to make the sculpt more better.
Is Sideshow on the technical limit now? Or shall we expect more better sculpts in the near future??

I think we have reach the technical limit of the human sculptors.

Darth Loki said:
I guess he wasn't too red after all.

The product page was quite a bit different from the preview -- and for the better. :cool:

Now we just need to hope the actual figure will look like that.

swiftlikessharpthings said:
Hope this is a good sign. Maybe they'll get more artists working on the others and give us more than 3-4 figs a year.

I second that. You can't help but want more releases at a faster rate.

This is a great figure, and I think the likeness is fantastic. One thing that will be a bit of a technical difficulty for the sculptors with this line will be the hair, given that most characters have challenging, unkempt hair, and this can really change the appearance if it isn't done exactly right. Luckily, Sideshow has nailed this again and again. The sculpt on Drusilla is a work of art!

The Aragorn sculpt captures the hesitant, introspective look perfectly. Legolas' sculpt nails the "I sense a growing shadow" look, and Boromir has the smug self assuredness that Sean bean brought to the character. This line just keeps getting better and better.

Darth Loki said:
I guess he wasn't too red after all.

Being that they most likely use a photoshop program the original preview was probably blended a little which would have given the red tint. Some folks just freaked out about it which isn't abnormal but was fixed when the next preview came out and they didn't blend it.

:lol

Crap in a Hat! I forgot about one of the coolest features of workshopping an extra Boromir. So Aragorn would get the extra vambraces and the elven cloak from the second exclusive boromir my lovely and wonderful girlfriend ordered for me, and it can't hurt to have an extra dead orc head lying around, but once I get a boat made for Boromir, I will have to carefully cut the horn in two!!!:D

Anybody know how to steam wood to bend for a boat using household appliances?:lol

Hey jlcmsu, it may be a bit early to request, but are there any HIGH-RES shots of the GREAT Boromir? I'd LOVE to see all that detail UP CLOSE!!! THANKS as always!!!

:monkey5

please dont shun me, but as long as the quality on these figures stays the same or improves i will be happy with a couple figures a year. of course once the star wars line starts to slow down im sure we can expect to see the LOTR line come along faster.

I would say it's marvellous what a difference an orc head makes, but add the cloak, and it brings on the rush, don't it?

Seaward said:
This is a great figure, and I think the likeness is fantastic. One thing that will be a bit of a technical difficulty for the sculptors with this line will be the hair, given that most characters have challenging, unkempt hair, and this can really change the appearance if it isn't done exactly right. Luckily, Sideshow has nailed this again and again. The sculpt on Drusilla is a work of art!

The Aragorn sculpt captures the hesitant, introspective look perfectly. Legolas' sculpt nails the "I sense a growing shadow" look, and Boromir has the smug self assuredness that Sean bean brought to the character. This line just keeps getting better and better.

Well said Seaward.

Seaward said:
Crap in a Hat! I forgot about one of the coolest features of workshopping an extra Boromir. So Aragorn would get the extra vambraces and the elven cloak from the second exclusive boromir my lovely and wonderful girlfriend ordered for me, and it can't hurt to have an extra dead orc head lying around, but once I get a boat made for Boromir, I will have to carefully cut the horn in two!!!:D

Anybody know how to steam wood to bend for a boat using household appliances?:lol

Maybe Gandalf should come with Aragorn's elven cloak to make up for Aragorn not having it. They couldn't make Gandalf's robe an exclusive could they?

The question is: Where is the love?

Didn't Hanson pose this question once?

I think it seems like the cloaks are standard exclusives for LOTR for the time being, but I think Gandalf the Grey would have one of his staffs as an exclusive. The average fan may not want both (or know he had two), but it would be a nice touch to get his pre-Saruman staff and his post Isengard escape staff.

Well lets see, exclusive Gandalf the Grey? Maybe a white robe, a different staff, boots and head! So its basically Gandalf 2 in 1

Back