Borderlands

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazon has the GOY edition for both the 360 and PS3 for $20 today.

My son picked up the regular version in Daytona for me a couple of weeks ago so I think I might upgrade for the expansion packs.

Just 'discovered' this one....got the GOTY edition; about an hour in, and I am really digging it. Love the cell shaded look. Amazing that the inital game itself is less than 3.5 gig - guess this style of game does require as much space. Fine by me, looks great.

Update: got the level 10 and I am loving the game. I dont care for FPS at all, but this has a sorta of humor to it that I find refreshing. Vehicles are pretty cool too

Last edited:
Picked up the GOTY edition at Best Buy the other day for $10. Looking forward to it.

Picked up the GOTY edition at Best Buy the other day for $10. Looking forward to it.

Damn! great price. Ironically, my best buy had the price on the shelf for the game at $19.99, but it rang up $39.99 - the clerk was going to honor it, but the (what looked like) 20 year old Manager was 'No, one price is standard, one is for GOTY' so I went to Target at paid $29.99, which I still feel like is a great price for what we are getting

I never play FPS, but between Bulletstorm and now this one, which is more fun overall, this has been a good game year for me

Damn! great price. Ironically, my best buy had the price on the shelf for the game at $19.99, but it rang up $39.99 - the clerk was going to honor it, but the (what looked like) 20 year old Manager was 'No, one price is standard, one is for GOTY' so I went to Target at paid $29.99, which I still feel like is a great price for what we are getting

I never play FPS, but between Bulletstorm and now this one, which is more fun overall, this has been a good game year for me

It was on sale on the website. If you tried to buy it at the store they wouldn't honor the price, so I just bought it online and had it shipped to the store.

FYI:
https://www.cheapassgamer.com is a great resource for finding gaming deals.

Thanks. Yeah, the online versus store difference is kinda odd. Just got to Level 20 and passed all missions in the first section. To those that have played/beaten the game, are the DLC missions designed to be played during main game or once completed?

Thank you

loved Borderlands!!

Great silly fun. Highly recommend you play Co-op split screen with someone.

Thanks. Yeah, the online versus store difference is kinda odd. Just got to Level 20 and passed all missions in the first section. To those that have played/beaten the game, are the DLC missions designed to be played during main game or once completed?

Thank you

The DLC's are all designed to play after the main game from memory.

Cool, thanks. I am currently a level 31 character, and amazed at how long the game is. Some missions are a little repetitive, but all-in-all, its a blast. Finished my first playthrough of normal game. Ended with Level 36 though I am about to start the DLC, so that will change.

Ending of main game was lackluster, but game wasnt story driven from start, so I am happy with it overall. Best $30 I spent

Update: getting ready for Borderlands 2 - this game is still a helluvalot of fun!

Last edited:
Back