Borderlands

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any reason to choose the 360 version over the PS3 version or vise versa?

There were reports that the PS3 version had some freezing issues, and was less reliable online than the 360 version. Graphically, they're identical. I ended up getting the 360 version as more of my Xbox friends were planning on getting the game.

I'm really loving this game too. Just started playing it yesterday...I'm on level 11.

Playing single player so it's starting to get a bit difficult since I have no back up. I wonder if they have more bad guys/creatures come after you if you are playing co-op or if it is all the same?

I have a feeling this will be getting rather difficult as I progress. Picked the character with the hawk. Figured since I'm a lone wolf I should focus on sniper and killing as many as I can from as far away as possible. :lol

Playing single player so it's starting to get a bit difficult since I have no back up. I wonder if they have more bad guys/creatures come after you if you are playing co-op or if it is all the same?

Enemies come in greater numbers, and are at higher levels when playing co-op. They also tend to use and drop better quality weapons and items. If you do play co-op, it's a good idea to play with a character that's roughly the same level as yours, otherwise, you'll find your character overwhelmed and unable to use any of the items/weapons that are dropped by the higher-level enemies.

My soldier is currently at level 36 if anyone feels like playing some co-op after completing the single-player campaign.

I'm at level 15 now...in the Arid drylands or whatever it's called. Just killed Moe and that other crazy beast. Dang, this game is getting hard. :lol

Thats where Im up to now... I am getting tired of killing those Dogs things though...

Thats where Im up to now... I am getting tired of killing those Dogs things though...

Good news - you won't be killing them once you unlock the next map area. Bad news - you're going to hate the Spider bugs a lot more.

I honestly can't understand why this game isn't more popular with the Freaks crowd - words simply cannot describe just how fun and addicting this game can be.

Case in point, they've already released the first DLC pack called the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned. I played through it on the weekend and had a ton of fun with it. There are new monsters (including numerous different types of zombies), new bosses, new map locations to explore, and a completely self-contained storyline that can be completed at any point during the main campaign. The whole thing took a good 5-6 hours to complete, which isn't shabby for a $10 download.

To top it all off, Gearbox has already announced the next DLC pack, which is slated to be released on Xbox Live on December 29, 2009. It adds three new Thunderdome-type arenas to the game, as well as storage containers for holding all your rare weapons and the ability to unlock two extra skill points to really overpower your character. I can't wait. :banana

I don't get why this game isn't more popular either. I absolutely LOVE IT!! One of the better games I've played in awhile. I'm at level 21 or maybe 22 now. Just meet that Mad M...something guy that runs the scrap yard. Also just killed King Wee-Wee - that was pretty funny actually.

This game is just kick ass with so much to do. Haven't dowloading the DCL pack yet..but I like how they are going to keep adding more to this game. Well worth the money. I ended up trading in Left4Dead2 for this. So glad I did.

I don't get why this game isn't more popular either. I absolutely LOVE IT!! One of the better games I've played in awhile. I'm at level 21 or maybe 22 now. Just meet that Mad M...something guy that runs the scrap yard. Also just killed King Wee-Wee - that was pretty funny actually.

This game is just kick ass with so much to do. Haven't dowloading the DCL pack yet..but I like how they are going to keep adding more to this game. Well worth the money. I ended up trading in Left4Dead2 for this. So glad I did.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one loving this game. My soldier is at level 44 right now and the level 50 achievement is the only one I have left to unlock. However, I have no plans to stop playing once I've unlocked all the achievements - I'm actually looking forward to starting over from scratch with a different character; probably Mordecai.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one loving this game. My soldier is at level 44 right now and the level 50 achievement is the only one I have left to unlock. However, I have no plans to stop playing once I've unlocked all the achievements - I'm actually looking forward to starting over from scratch with a different character; probably Mordecai.

I'm Mordecai right now. He is bad ass. :D :rock And I love the hawk...he can do some serious damage plus give you health if you use a lot of your skill points on him. And I've got a killer sniper rifle right now...so it's me and the hawk kicking ass! :lol Plus he's just so cool looking. :D I don't know what character I would play next...probably the soldier guy...the other two characters I think might be more difficult if you are playing single player. But who knows. :lol

I honestly can't understand why this game isn't more popular with the Freaks crowd - words simply cannot describe just how fun and addicting this game can be.

Case in point, they've already released the first DLC pack called the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned. I played through it on the weekend and had a ton of fun with it. There are new monsters (including numerous different types of zombies), new bosses, new map locations to explore, and a completely self-contained storyline that can be completed at any point during the main campaign. The whole thing took a good 5-6 hours to complete, which isn't shabby for a $10 download.

To top it all off, Gearbox has already announced the next DLC pack, which is slated to be released on Xbox Live on December 29, 2009. It adds three new Thunderdome-type arenas to the game, as well as storage containers for holding all your rare weapons and the ability to unlock two extra skill points to really overpower your character. I can't wait. :banana

That's great news about the new DLC. If I have one complaint about the game, is that I'm constantly having to micro-manage my inventory trying to decide what I should keep and not keep. Storage containers are really needed.

That's great news about the new DLC. If I have one complaint about the game, is that I'm constantly having to micro-manage my inventory trying to decide what I should keep and not keep. Storage containers are really needed.

I'm up to 45 inventory slots after rescuing the Claptrap in the Zombie Island expansion, so it hasn't really been an issue for me...yet. Typically, I only keep one of each type of weapon in my inventory at any given time.

I'm Mordecai right now. He is bad ass. :D :rock And I love the hawk...he can do some serious damage plus give you health if you use a lot of your skill points on him. And I've got a killer sniper rifle right now...so it's me and the hawk kicking ass! :lol Plus he's just so cool looking. :D I don't know what character I would play next...probably the soldier guy...the other two characters I think might be more difficult if you are playing single player. But who knows. :lol

The Siren is pretty badass, but the Berserker is kinda lame. His punching skill isn't all that interesting. The soldier's turret is also less than thrilling, but he has other skills that more than make up for that shortcoming, particularly skills that boost his health, shields, ammo and damage resistance.

I'd say go for the soldier or siren next.

I'm up to 45 inventory slots after rescuing the Claptrap in the Zombie Island expansion, so it hasn't really been an issue for me...yet. Typically, I only keep one of each type of weapon in my inventory at any given time.

I just finished shutting down the signal fires during the town (I can't remember the name at the moment) recon quest. The enemies really seemed to ramp up all of a sudden. I know I don't have anywhere near 45 slots, but I haven't done Zombie Island yet either. Even with all the storage slots, it would still take awhile to go through all the equipment I would have. I tend to horde most of the weapons because I just don't know when I'm going to need that special something...:D

I just finished shutting down the signal fires during the town (I can't remember the name at the moment) recon quest. The enemies really seemed to ramp up all of a sudden. I know I don't have anywhere near 45 slots, but I haven't done Zombie Island yet either. Even with all the storage slots, it would still take awhile to go through all the equipment I would have. I tend to horde most of the weapons because I just don't know when I'm going to need that special something...:D

Use a weapon with the highest corrosive damage for those Crimson Lance goons. It eats right through their armour.

Use a weapon with the highest corrosive damage for those Crimson Lance goons. It eats right through their armour.

Thanks. I finally figured out that I have a pistol with x4 fire damage and that worked wonders on all the enemies in that area. It's pretty good for others as well.

Well I'm at level 30 now and just have one more piece of of the key to get. Damn, I LOVE this game.

Definitely one of the better games of 2009 - and boy were there a lot of good games.

I play this game with my gf all the time and we're actually on our 2nd playthrough! I'm at level 48 and I now have this awsome gun that regenerates ammo automatically plus does X4 corrosion damage.

Just finding all these cool upgrades is worth playing over again and again - especially since your character carries through with all your weapons and stats.

I chose Mordecai and he now has an 80% chance to hit enemies through their shields and I think a 20% chance of instantly killing an enemy :)

just got this game as a Christmas gift from my wife, its pretty good so far. since i've only put less than 1 hour im currently a lvl 4. and playing as Roland.

Back