Boots sticking to stand/decal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sidious-66

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys. :wave

I have been generally lucky with my figure stands but my SSC Emperor Palpatine boots stuck to his stand and when I moved him it left a smudge on the SW logo on the stand, this happened a while ago but today I moved my Michael Myers '78 figure and the boot was slightly stuck to the stand/decal and it left a small mark on the decal.

I have since wrapped the stand in sellotape to add protection to the Myers stand but I was wondering if anyone on the forum had any tips or helpful advice on this matter?

Thanks.

I had that problem with several of my early Star Wars Sideshow figures. Jedi Luke was the worst.

Of all my SW figures it has only been the Emperor that this has happened to but I have heard of it happening to other SW figures as well. I may have to check them all over.

Maybe talcum powder as a preventative?

Cheers buddy. Would that be a permanent solution or would you have to talcum powder the boots once a week, month etc.?

Most boots are made of sticky rubber materials (with usually flat bottoms), which will tend to stick up the decals or leave a "Foot Print" on it. And the fact that the figure weight is on the feet it doesn't help. Putting a plastic sheet at the bottom may help distribute the force out abit, but it might still cause the decal to stick on the plastic. Powders? Not a good idea. Best way is to keep the feet off the decals, or skip the stand, or use blank stands instead.

If you really want to use a stand, try apply those heavy duty top coats to provide a hard protection layer.

Back