BOIL and WAXER with NUMA 12" Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
34692129.png

Watch it... she's a Maneater

LMAO

Good one

I don't think the Clone Wars will cool off at all. I don't think people realize just how popular it is with kids. There are tons of kids with Clone Wars gear for school and one of the busiest places at CV was Ashley Eckstein. Yes these kids aren't going to buy 200 dollar Sideshow stuff now, but would we have when we were 7 or 8 when Star Wars first came out? Of course not..but we are buying them now even though the movie is over 30 years old. Sideshow is figuring/hoping the same thing will happen with this generation.

I've no doubt Clone Wars is very popular with kids, Hasbro has gone on record stating that Clone Wars toys are vastly outselling Saga figures. But Sideshow's customers are not Hasbro's customers.

And I'm not quite sure a pretty blond girl at a convention for "nerds" is such a great indicator of long-lasting popularity as much as it is an indicator of the long-lasting popularity of pretty blond girls.

This pack is going to be at least $250. And that much cash for such tertiary and ultimately insignificant characters is downright mind-boggling.

I've no doubt Clone Wars is very popular with kids, Hasbro has gone on record stating that Clone Wars toys are vastly outselling Saga figures. But Sideshow's customers are not Hasbro's customers.

And I'm not quite sure a pretty blond girl at a convention for "nerds" is such a great indicator of long-lasting popularity as much as it is an indicator of the long-lasting popularity of pretty blond girls.

This pack is going to be at least $250. And that much cash for such tertiary and ultimately insignificant characters is downright mind-boggling.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. All SSC figures are overpriced in my book, but the same thing could be said for tertiary characters like faceless sandtroopers or any other faceless ROTS clones which range from $90-$120 each.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. All SSC figures are overpriced in my book, but the same thing could be said for tertiary characters like faceless sandtroopers or any other faceless ROTS clones which range from $90-$120 each.

You still live in 1972 :rotfl

"In my dayyyyyy"

Think back to when we were little kids..sure we won't buy a Sideshow 1/6 then but we are buying them now. What I'm trying to explain is that kids are falling in love with Star Wars through the Clone Wars cartoon...to them it's the beginning. Years from now, if they are still into Star Wars they will collect the line. Or people of our age group who have kids into the cartoon, we might buy these guys for them. It might be an insignificant character to you, but others happen to like the clones. A company who has a narrow focused line will surely fail. Sideshow is trying to please fans of the OT, the prequels and now the Clone Wars. Again, I don't want every OT figure released right away..it's nice to take a break now and then. I think it's a smart business model.

Think back to when we were little kids..sure we won't buy a Sideshow 1/6 then but we are buying them now. What I'm trying to explain is that kids are falling in love with Star Wars through the Clone Wars cartoon...to them it's the beginning. Years from now, if they are still into Star Wars they will collect the line. Or people of our age group who have kids into the cartoon, we might buy these guys for them. It might be an insignificant character to you, but others happen to like the clones. A company who has a narrow focused line will surely fail. Sideshow is trying to please fans of the OT, the prequels and now the Clone Wars. Again, I don't want every OT figure released right away..it's nice to take a break now and then. I think it's a smart business model.

Problem is I dont think anyone will argue that the CW cartoon will not have the impact on kids the way the original had on us. Hence 20 years from now CW and sponge bob heavy priced collectibles wont be around

By that same rational, a company that makes umpteen rehashes of the same figure will also surely fail. We saw this when Sideshow basically killed The Dead and ran off several collectors with 3 Tactical Operator variants and 4, count 'em, 4 Babysitters. As a result, the following offerings were less popular despite being better designed. Most of us were fine with the first 212th Clone Trooper. Now we're getting two more, likely nowhere near as weathered, and a blue skipper doll. I'm all for catering to EU needs, but at least pick characters with substance. The Clone who went AWOL to marry the Twi-lek would've been a better choice here than two variant 212th troopers.

I have absoultely NO interst in this. I have no idea why Sidshow is doing this.

:goodpost::exactly:

I for one am very excited for this multi pack. I mainly collect armored characters and since I don't see a Biker Scout or Snowtrooper on the horizon Clones are the only game in town. Between Medicom and Sideshow I have about 15 various clones and have been customizing them so they all look a little different. With Rex and Cody we now will have 4 very different style clone headsculpts to army build with so that is good to see. And for those of you CW haters while not every episode is perfect you are missing some pretty good SW stories that are slowly tying into the mythology of the OT so don't dismiss it because of the movie. Like any TV series it takes a little while to find it's stride and I think CW now has.

By that same rational, a company that makes umpteen rehashes of the same figure will also surely fail. We saw this when Sideshow basically killed The Dead and ran off several collectors with 3 Tactical Operator variants and 4, count 'em, 4 Babysitters. As a result, the following offerings were less popular despite being better designed. Most of us were fine with the first 212th Clone Trooper. Now we're getting two more, likely nowhere near as weathered, and a blue skipper doll. I'm all for catering to EU needs, but at least pick characters with substance. The Clone who went AWOL to marry the Twi-lek would've been a better choice here than two variant 212th troopers.

But these are at least different characters..the babysitter was a joke. Look at all the amazing things that they've announced this year..greedo, hammerhead, gammy, yoda and his freaking house, ig-88...yes there are some clones that are similar, but they clones. :) Some fans who love Star Wars love troopers...these 2 are obviously for them. Some fans love aliens..hammerhead and greedo are for them. Some collectors just want the iconic pieces, stormtroopers, vader and the emperor are for them. The clones are also based on real characters...well kinda real. :) The pink, purple, green, rose, yellow, polkadot, and tie dyed babysitter is completely different...that was obviously milking the cow beyond belief. I give Sideshow props for reaching out in the line. And it's not like anyone got killed because they announced these figures.

Narrow-focused?!?! Star Wars is entirely TOO broad as it is right now. There's SIX movies, plus novels, comics, video games, and animated TV shows. Do you remember when this line first started and it was prequel Jedi after prequel Jedi after prequel Jedi. The fans of this line are DYING for OT characters and Count Dooku. . . that's it.

Your point is just not making sense to me at all. You're saying Sideshow is making Numa and Clones for the 8 year olds now, hoping that they'll want them in 20 years?? They're making toys for kids who don't want them assuming they'll want them in the future. . . instead of Tarkin or Dooku?? Characters that actually matter in the Star Wars Saga.

Narrow-focused?!?! Star Wars is entirely TOO broad as it is right now. There's SIX movies, plus novels, comics, video games, and animated TV shows. Do you remember when this line first started and it was prequel Jedi after prequel Jedi after prequel Jedi. The fans of this line are DYING for OT characters and Count Dooku. . . that's it.

Your point is just not making sense to me at all. You're saying Sideshow is making Numa and Clones for the 8 year olds now, hoping that they'll want them in 20 years?? They're making toys for kids who don't want them assuming they'll want them in the future. . . instead of Tarkin or Dooku?? Characters that actually matter in the Star Wars Saga.

No..you misunderstood. I said they should not become narrow minded in terms of characters. Yoda doesnt matter? Vader doesnt matter? The Emperor doesnt matter? 3 Lukes dont matter? If all they did was OT and released them all this year, then what? Close the doors? Does that make good business to put all the products out right away? Like I said in the post, people like SW for different reasons: clones, droids, aliens, heroes...it's not your place or mine to tell Sideshow what to make. I sure as hell don't want them to release all the OT characters in the next 3 months...my wife and I make a good living but there is no way in h*ll I could buy 20+ 1/6 figures in 3 months time. People need to have a little patience...

Next Thursday we should start that thread that has the buyers and their confirmation date and time. Im curious when the price is revealed how many of you actually pre order and KEEP this.

Back