Body for a custom Hulk?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magmax

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hello at the moment I don’t have the money or the space to display a Hot toys Avengers Hulk so I am thinking (now don’t laugh) of making a custom one. The head is going to be the easy part. I am going to use a knock off 1/6 Zod head as it look pretty square, the mouth is open like the Hot Toys one and as the hair is short so it will be easy to add more to it. I will remove the scar down his cheek with a craft knife, add some Milliputty to the chin, cheeks and around the forehead. Then add some hair and paint it. Simple
Now the body is a different matter. The Hulk is huge and shirtless so I’m having trouble thinking of a body to use. Could anyone give me some advice on which one to get? Would I be best off getting a plastic body rather than a rubber body as the putty would stick to it better once dried?
I may extend the legs making him a bit taller.
I will add some putty to bulk him out but which one to go for… KP02.. TTM20.. Bruce.. MMs200 (not sure about the elbow joints)

Hello at the moment I don’t have the money or the space to display a Hot toys Avengers Hulk so I am thinking (now don’t laugh) of making a custom one. The head is going to be the easy part. I am going to use a knock off 1/6 Zod head as it look pretty square, the mouth is open like the Hot Toys one and as the hair is short so it will be easy to add more to it. I will remove the scar down his cheek with a craft knife, add some Milliputty to the chin, cheeks and around the forehead. Then add some hair and paint it. Simple
Now the body is a different matter. The Hulk is huge and shirtless so I’m having trouble thinking of a body to use. Could anyone give me some advice on which one to get? Would I be best off getting a plastic body rather than a rubber body as the putty would stick to it better once dried?
I may extend the legs making him a bit taller.
I will add some putty to bulk him out but which one to go for… KP02.. TTM20.. Bruce.. MMs200 (not sure about the elbow joints)

:lol

If you are ok with Hulk being 12" tall the Jakks Maximum Aggression figure has about the most muscular body out there. Still not as massive as it should be. If space and money are a concern you should just get 1 of the smaller Hulks available at WalMart and ToysRUs.

No the Hulk being around 12" tall was what I was thinking about maybe a bit taller with some mods to the legs. Good call on the Jakks body Elijah Burke would of been perfect but he has wrist guards and elbow pads. The Randy Orton might do as he just has the wrist guards. Do you think it would be possible to do a Frankenstein mod of a Jakks top half and a TTM20 bottom half as the wresting figures all have boots on? hmmm maybe scrap that as the cost will go up...

No the Hulk being around 12" tall was what I was thinking about maybe a bit taller with some mods to the legs. Good call on the Jakks body Elijah Burke would of been perfect but he has wrist guards and elbow pads. The Randy Orton might do as he just has the wrist guards. Do you think it would be possible to do a Frankenstein mod of a Jakks top half and a TTM20 bottom half as the wresting figures all have boots on? hmmm maybe scrap that as the cost will go up...
I was making a barbarian with a Jakks figure but never finished it. I used a dremel to grind down the wrist guards and boots. I wasn't going for perfection as I was putting boots on the figure and vembraces on the forearms. If you took your time I bet you could grind them down close to size and use sandpaper to get a smooth transition. You're going to paint it green anyway so that will hide some of scuff marks from sanding.

i used a 90s rubber bodied wrestling figure for a tv hulk ,tripple h ,maybe that could work for you .great idea on the mid transformation ,hulking out banner
20141101_101541_zpsn9um5gy1.jpg

20141101_100705_zpsss1fzc4s.jpg

20141101_101813_zpsozif0wp9.jpg

Just to update this thread

After a bit of research I have decided to go with a Hulk icons body it's a bit shorter than a 1/6 scale figure but it still looks huge like the Hulk should be.
I have seen people online who have lengthen the torso which i'll try. I will remove the head sculpt because i'm not wild about the icons one. Still going ahead with the zod head and modding it. Just got to wait for the bits to turn up now. The Hulk is coming from the US and the head is on it's way from Hong Kong. Will be put together and then probably thrown in the bin in the UK. a World wide effort.

Next big thing then will be for some trousers/pants as I don't really like the molded plastic ones wonder if you can get a pair to fit over his legs?

Back