Bobs Customs and bits

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see the helmet mod and shortening the two chin spikes, but you mean you also moved those two arcs of spikes on the sides further back on the head? Is that what you mean by moving the "sticky out bits" back?

And did you cast the head before doing the mods? I just find 3D printed resin (and even a few types of filament prints) to be extremely brittle so hard to mod, more brittle than a resin cast.

Yes mate.... did a recast in resin ... as for the sticky out bits I mean the bits in the photo... set them back into the face more hard to see but it was one of the things that bothered me
ff2802c28a61f4d8b4f72c442cd383b4.jpg

Ok , as its a bit quite on the custom side at the moment and everyone has gone Mandalorian mad I thought I would post one of my figures I made about a year ago ..... Wooof ... the head came from shapeways as that was all that was around and at the time it looked ok
cc7dc17465051431be6ba971238b3f34.jpg

But know I thought it was time for some surgery on the head ... think its getting there.... what do you guys think
0fcd0fb0db8ecbc76e67306904b164c1.jpg

a721099822ededf0fbcc86eaaab5b092.jpg

3cb6e87f218ef1450f968af298a3a129.jpg
that is phenomenal!

Yeah, it's a really awesome custom. Bob, how did you make the pants and gaiters? Were the gaiters sewn from scratch or modded from something?

And are the pants just painted lines? They are really hard to tell in the ref pics what they are actually made of - almost like creased fabric.

Yeah, it's a really awesome custom. Bob, how did you make the pants and gaiters? Were the gaiters sewn from scratch or modded from something?

And are the pants just painted lines? They are really hard to tell in the ref pics what they are actually made of - almost like creased fabric.
Tali, the pants are ww2 German winter pants unstitched from the inside leg then stitch the lines in then sowed back up and a bit of watered down acrylic to highlight it, as for the gaiters they were made from scratch with felt. Also thank to everyone for the complement much appreciated

All your custom figures are absolutely amazing! You really knocked each one out of the park. Where did you get the fur for Wooof? I’m having the hardest time finding the right fur skirt for him,
nothing seems to be accurate but yours is fantastic!

All your custom figures are absolutely amazing! You really knocked each one out of the park. Where did you get the fur for Wooof? I’m having the hardest time finding the right fur skirt for him,
nothing seems to be accurate but yours is fantastic!
Hi Cagoda ... and thanks, again I think that fur came from a ww2 German coat ... the lining .... but I think that’ could be hard to find the right stuff , hope that helps

Hi Cagoda ... and thanks, again I think that fur came from a ww2 German coat ... the lining .... but I think that’ could be hard to find the right stuff , hope that helps
Very creative, I hadn’t thought of going that route. I’ll definitely check and see if I can find any. Thank you!

So it’s been quite a while since I’ve posted or done anything on here and I’ve got so many bits and pieces unfinished, so over the Christmas holidays I had a go at finishing my Klaatu skiff guard off, feels like it’s taken years to finish this …. also taken a quick group photo

Klaatu looks great!! Nice work. Very cool group shot.

I just finished Kithaba using your sculpt, ammo pouches. Thanks again mate!! :duff

Great work!
I particularly like how your customs always look very realistic in their silhouette. Do you modify your bodies to get the proportions right, or do you use specific types of bodies (and pose them expertly)?

Great work!
I particularly like how your customs always look very realistic in their silhouette. Do you modify your bodies to get the proportions right, or do you use specific types of bodies (and pose them expertly)?
Thanks mate,
Never use a flash when taking photos seems to wash the figures out.. always use a narrow shoulder body and usual a body suit.. just think it looks better… on the endor rebel I used a DX25 fat suit
IMG_2041.png

Back