Boba fett premium format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MY BOBA FETT JUST SHIPPED!!!!!!!!!

I'm confused Loki.... Are you being sarcastic with all of the pictures or are you really unhappy?:confused:

Send it to me. I'll make sure Sideshow gets an earful for their shoddy work.

I saw this piece in person this weekend visitng a relative who is a big Star Wars collector. I thought this PF looked great. I currently own a lot of the PF items as well. I guess to each his/her own but I personally thought it was a very nice piece.

Loki I guess his coaster isn't in the picture because you had a drink on it on the picnic table? :rotfl

tomandshell, so did you find that special number of yours? :)

mine arrived, but it's far from what you are after.

DarthNeil said:
I'm confused Loki.... Are you being sarcastic with all of the pictures or are you really unhappy?:confused:

Sarcasm my friend. I guess you don't know me that well yet so you are forgiven :D

I cancelled the exclusive, it just wasn't worth the $50 difference between getting this from SS or from a dealer. Even my friend who gives me censored about my collection was really impressed with this PF.

Darth Loki said:
Sarcasm my friend. I guess you don't know me that well yet so you are forgiven :D

I cancelled the exclusive, it just wasn't worth the $50 difference between getting this from SS or from a dealer. Even my friend who gives me censored about my collection was really impressed with this PF.

Then i am left to assume that your friend did not pick up the Fett PF and discover what a piece of crap it is because of it's lack of weight :monkey1

KitFisto said:
Then i am left to assume that your friend did not pick up the Fett PF and discover what a piece of crap it is because of it's lack of weight :monkey1

Believe it or not, no. After going around and picking up every other PF to make sure they were heavy, he left Fett alone. I wiped the sweat off my brow and considered myself lucky.

Darth Loki said:
Believe it or not, no. After going around and picking up every other PF to make sure they were heavy, he left Fett alone. I wiped the sweat off my brow and considered myself lucky.

Man, you really lucked out. I know my friends always want to pick ALL my PF's up and make sure they are heavy so they then KNOW that they are nice pieces.

my friends would lose fingers if they tried to pick my PF's up.

Vader AL said:
my friends would lose fingers if they tried to pick my PF's up.

Same here. I was just being sarcastic.

KitFisto said:

Everyone that comes in my house get the Brody speach from Mallrats, "Touch not, lest ye be touched."

KitFisto said:

:slap whoops, i see that after re-reading it.

i'm still torn on this piece...i think i'll wait to get it until i don't have a doubt in my mind or a price i can't refuse.

EDIT: well I ended up canceling Boba again(SS, in error, placed an order for me after they sent me the $25 off email, of which I never accepted). I just can't make myself pay $300+ for it. I know it looks awesome but the mental image of seeing it underneath the clothing and it looking like a Ken doll bothers me. i know it shouldn't matter but it does. When it becomes an in-stock item i may use my rewards points towards it or get one off of ebay if I can find one for $250 shipped or less. just a personal choice.

Last edited:

I decided to pick one up. Despite the "cheap" feel to it I think it's still a great figure. No bent tubes or nothing. It's great!

Well, I just received my Boba Fett PF yesterday and I gotta say...WOW! I'm really impressed with this piece. It's my first PF, and having seen other PF's on display at a local comic shop, I don't feel that this figure looks out of place in terms of PF quality. It's also heavier than I thought it would be after reading all the posts about how light it is being ABS instead of polystone...but still light enough that it won't tear the shelf off my wall, should I decide to display it on a wall shelf.

It definitely looks WAY better in person than a lot of the photos I've seen, and only took minor futzing to look exceptionally cool. I agree with some about some of the paint apps, particularly the helmet. Not that it looks bad by any means, but it's just lacking that 'grime' that Fett has. The silvery paint-chip scuffs are there, but I plan on adding some slight grime here and there. I do wish that the helmet flared out more at the bottom, to be more accurate, but in-hand, it doesn't really bother me as much as I thought it might...and I do really like the ball-jointed head...I've turned his helmet probably 15 or 20 times since I got it to change his look. I think it's a great feature. Over all, I'm pretty happy with it. It's an awesome size, and looks REALLY cool. I'm happy to add it to my collection. I know I'll get some WOW factor from friends who come into my place and see it. Oh, very, very slight kinked hoses on mine, nothing major, so it's all good.

One slight prob, my range-finder must have snapped in shipping. I've already contacted SS and see on the RS boards that if you pop the helmet off and ship it back, they'll send a replacement helmet, so that's what I'll have to do I guess...unless I want to scratch/customize it...might want to do that since the rod holding the range-finder is a bit flimsy anyways. I would have preferred something a little sturdier. We'll see.

Now we just need a 1/4 polystone frozen Han Solo WITH lights to hang up behind him. Give him something to be guarding. Now that would just be TOO cool! :D

Just got my Fett, and I have to say I am impressed. I was a little skeptical at first due to all of the negative feed back I have been seeing across the web, but I am very happy with it.

I'm happy with mine as well and he looks fantastic with the other Fetts in the Skogen cabinet. All is needed now is the Medicom Fett to complete it.

Pics to come.

Back