Premium Format Boba Fett Premium Format Figure - New Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting...that sounds like a cool setup, have you guys considered a small item in between two statues like a mini bust? Maybe a tiny poster like picture behind them to color them up a little...

Yea I done this with Lord of the rings set up, which seems fitting to do it with star wars. There will be 3 posters behind my 3 star wars posters, with the star wars original trilogy box set behind them, 1 poster behind them, 2 on top. Na I won't be getting any busts, just getting the 3 villains, and that will finish the collection. I decided to pull out with darth maul, 2 expensive and the statue looks basic for the price on offer

Yea I done this with Lord of the rings set up, which seems fitting to do it with star wars. There will be 3 posters behind my 3 star wars posters, with the star wars original trilogy box set behind them, 1 poster behind them, 2 on top. Na I won't be getting any busts, just getting the 3 villains, and that will finish the collection. I decided to pull out with darth maul, 2 expensive and the statue looks basic for the price on offer

Sounds nice...I own first Boba bust from GG which is awesome so I was thinking about pairing the PF statue with the Mythos one plus the bust in the middle? I do not know if adding a poster to this set up will be too much...Mmmm.

You are right about Maul PF, I did not quite like the pose...besides I am considering selling my Maul Mechanical Legs PF EX so getting another Maul does not seem like the way to go.

Mine arrived today so I snapped a few pictures as I unpacked it. A few niggles such as how visible the neck joint is at times, and the plastic head of course which I knew about in advanced. But It's decent overall..

fAtdpZC.jpg

I've been reading this tread for at least an hour...all the usual whining and complaining but it seems like most are in agreement that this is a nice pieice and since the ex is unnecessary to me I was close to pulling the trigger when this pic popped up. That's a lot of rib exposed there. Can that be futzed? Is the armor too small? It looks terrible.

I've been reading this tread for at least an hour...all the usual whining and complaining but it seems like most are in agreement that this is a nice pieice and since the ex is unnecessary to me I was close to pulling the trigger when this pic popped up. That's a lot of rib exposed there. Can that be futzed? Is the armor too small? It looks terrible.
Never really realized that gap until you showed that picture. I still think Sideshow did a great job with this Boba. I love this piece. Mine came in with no issues at all.
88c8b137fc701f658e1a450f2da82019.jpg
8483e6b77e58f8aa0a574f8e5a11d864.jpg
1affdf5b2d886fdf129db5a98089c763.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

The gap is there.. It supposed to be from how he has his body turned and contorted. It is a bit of an eye sore at first.... But I freaking love this Fett and I had the original and the mythos and this is my fav.

It's true the armor really is just to the side due to the pose so really it's in the right spot.

I finally got mine this evening. Sorry to anyone who disagrees this s the top Fett I've even seen. I read somewhere about it missing something but I don't know what it is or care. When I look at this thing I'm like first of all its badarse, second the base is tops.

He looks aggressive and tough as it gets.

Point is from top to bottom the rest can GTFO. Others are nice have you just this is the best.

If I had one issue it would be the head can't look up but I guess he's looking down at his ******.

So far my Sideshow PF of the Trooper and Fett more than satisfy and I expect nothing less from my Vader the Ren and the new Trooper. Only Voltron will top them although in waiting for Phasma.

Suppose Rogue 1 will keep them busy but besides the black troopers and possible a Vader wearing a different suit I'm good for a long while.

Just a pic after I got it. Loved posing the cape actually.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 120
It's true the armor really is just to the side due to the pose so really it's in the right spot.

I finally got mine this evening. Sorry to anyone who disagrees this s the top Fett I've even seen. I read somewhere about it missing something but I don't know what it is or care. When I look at this thing I'm like first of all its badarse, second the base is tops.

He looks aggressive and tough as it gets.

Point is from top to bottom the rest can GTFO. Others are nice have you just this is the best.

If I had one issue it would be the head can't look up but I guess he's looking down at his ******.

So far my Sideshow PF of the Trooper and Fett more than satisfy and I expect nothing less from my Vader the Ren and the new Trooper. Only Voltron will top them although in waiting for Phasma.

Suppose Rogue 1 will keep them busy but besides the black troopers and possible a Vader wearing a different suit I'm good for a long while.

Ah that looks magnificent, lucky you have yours, my Boba gets its final payment on the 25th of this month.

Seeing the pics of Kyloren does look fantastic, and knowing Vader completely lights up even the base, shows how much work sideshow have put into the Vader PF, since they know fans demand a Vader PF like no other

Thanks. I didn't take them to show but I thought might as well. Was a bit worried to do the cape but rolling it around my fingers made it look like I wanted.

This is it in its temporary housing till my floors get here and I put them in.

I have large shelving for the PFs you can see in the pic along with random
Stuff everywhere getting ready to move. I have tons to do and lighting but that's my man cave.

image.jpg

I got an extra set of shin tools form the HT Quarterscale ROTJ Fett, I'm going to use the jetpack adjustment tool to put in the empty pouch, but I am also considering swapping the Squegee, thoughts?

here it is with SSC shin tool in place (with Hot Toys jetpack adjustment tool added)
IMG_6596.jpg

here it is with Hot Toys shin tool in place
IMG_6594.jpg

HT Quarterscale on left, old SSC on right.. you can see it's pretty ugly for PF, I mean the details leave a lot to be desired! Seems like the tools were a real after-thought, or were never properly refined from the placeholders of the prototype.
IMG_6595.jpg

If you guys recall a page back or so, I received a PF Fett Head with an incomplete cat scratch on his his buck, I received my replacement and decided to take some photos of both helmets so we can see how closely the paint apps match up, obviously there are some nuances here and there... but I've seen worse, and I've seen better. Either way it's interesting to see two helmets side by side to compare the weathering... so enjoy.

A few things that I noticed on mine and other people's helmets

- some weathering does not line up nicely along the mandible, you can see the silver weathering that should follow the red mandible down the front of the helmet, and on some helmets this silver weathered edge is unattached from the red mandible. You can see this on the helmet with the incomplete cat scratch.

- the kill stripes section of the side of the helmet, some people have a big white "X" over them, some are subtle, some are way bigger. Unfortunately my helmet with the incomplete cat scratch had a perfect kill stripe section, and my replacement has a small white x. Check yours and see if you have a white x!

IMG_6597.jpg

IMG_6598.jpg

IMG_6600.jpg

IMG_6602.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. As much as I love the character I'm clearly not as familiar as you are. I do have the complete cat scratch and they didn't paint a white "X" over the kill stripes. So thanks for making me appreciate the statue more!

:duff

b69d82e5612f38e689a3b1158a248240.jpg
c34937240cb3438f4ad49116e98ee98d.jpg

full cat scratch! will have to check for the x. thanks for the info

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

your catscratch looks good!

yeah I'd be interested in seeing what other people's kill stripes look like for reference, because I've been seeing a lot of white X's over the ones I have found, are there any without the white x?

Back