Premium Format Boba Fett Premium Format Figure - New Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I didn't take a lot photos of this figures, mainly because I have it... & love it. So I just shot the case they have it in.
image.jpg
image.jpg

I photographed both the Darth Vader helmet & the TIE Pilot helmet (from inside the case) separately, mainly because they were darker & didn't show up as well as the Wedge helmet.
image.jpg
image.jpg
Vader had a paint chip between the eyes.

image.jpg
image.jpg
TIE Pilot was missing a greeblie on the forehead.

How accurate is that Last Chance section? It shows the TDKR Bat Deluxe Set on there, I was gonna wait for free shipping and that snatch that guy for free...

How accurate is that Last Chance section? It shows the TDKR Bat Deluxe Set on there, I was gonna wait for free shipping and that snatch that guy for free...

They probably only sell one of those a month so you're probably good for a while. Talk about bad timing with that release.

They probably only sell one of those a month so you're probably good for a while. Talk about bad timing with that release.

Yeah, haha. I was gonna wait for those % off discounts (like from Spooktacular or Black Friday) since I figured no one would buy it at that price, or just use my reward points on it (i have way too many all accumulated and never used) when it gets free shipping.

I remember buying my Knifehead statue right before there was an announcement weren't many left... It stayed in stock for a good 6-7 months after that. That said, I'm surprised this one hasn't sold out already so I don't doubt it is low on stock at all.

And with the incredible prices on the latest PF's, this may be one of the last pieces many people can even afford! Act fast..

OK... so here's a big bummer on multiple levels. Opened up premium format ESB Fett #79 of 2,500...

Infamous "cat scratch" is INCOMPLETE on my helmet. it's as if... the machine printing the scratches out completely stopped on my helmet. out of ink? lolz.
IMG_6221.jpg

IMG_6222.jpg

Shin tools... only included three... where's the 4th? The "jetpack adjustment tool" ? Also sonic beam weapon not painted?
IMG_6224.jpg

and LASTLY, where is my second gun? They only sent me one hand with gun, aren't I suppose to receive both ROTJ and ESB style blasters?

incorrect mythosaur on the shoulder??????
Image_Uploaded_By_Tapatalk1455860436_746660.jpg

So incredibly bummed right now. :(

The messed up part is... for a PF more than double the price of the 1/6 ESB Fett figure, especially if you go back to the first SSC release, that's more than three times the price, that figure had all 4 shin tools and painted, correct Mythosaur skull, and cat scratch. :slap fml.

If yours is #79/2500, then you have the regular and wont receive the second weapon. If it makes you feel better, you aren't missing out as the regular version looks much nicer imo and actually fits in with the whole statue, I think most of us left the EX item in the box in this case. The weathering will vary on all of them as these are hand painted. Unless these are decals? I haven't actually looked at mine closely. The day I got it, I put it up high on top of a detolf and haven't touched it since. I need to get it down the paint areas that were left completely unpainted anyway (mostly black areas on the base so relatively easy to cover up fortunately) Some of the logos are known to be less than accurate and three tools is correct I believe, I'm sure I only had three... So you shouldn't be too bummed. It's a real nice looking statue over all imo.

Ya Python is right, 1 gun for the regular, should only have 3 tools, weathering is hand painted so will vary is what they will tell you if you complain. Neither of the logos are 100%, actually I don't even think he had the skull on screen in Empire, only in the promo pics. But the small details in the suit will never match because they used several during shooting and none of them were perfect matches either. It is what it is, the one on his chest was put on really crooked on mine but they just said they are all hand applied and will have some degree of variance. So sounds like the factory was not full of Fett experts who painted and did the stickers. Weird or What? I just like to think of it as if this was one of his extra spare suits he wore sometime between Jedi and Empire. It's a great piece and one of my favorite Fett statues despite some minor imperfections.

Oh and fun fact for you Python, Fett is about 13lbs (close to the max suggested weight for a detolf shelf I know) but they do hold it fine and it fits perfectly inside. I posted pics a while back of mine and started a bit of a kerfuffle so I won't do it again haha, but just wanted to mention that I've had no problems with mine since. So don't be scared to put him inside if you were considering it haha.

I appreciate the comments guys, but with all due respect... hand painted variants.. and an incomplete cat scratch are ENTIRELY different ballparks. This is not a hand painted variant, this is an error by what appears to be an automated painting process.

That cat scratch is ICONIC. And to see everyone with a cat scratch complete, and mine half missing, does not make me feel any better. This is an error.

I can live without the shin tool, I can live without the second gun, I'll hand paint and complete the ESB mythosaur myself... but I WILL NOT accept this half ass cat scratch on a $500 figure.

YEAH RIGHT bros.

I appreciate the comments guys, but with all due respect... hand painted variants.. and an incomplete cat scratch are ENTIRELY different ballparks. This is not a hand painted variant, this is an error by what appears to be an automated painting process.

That cat scratch is ICONIC. And to see everyone with a cat scratch complete, and mine half missing, does not make me feel any better. This is an error.

I can live without the shin tool, I can live without the second gun, I'll hand paint and complete the ESB mythosaur myself... but I WILL NOT accept this half ass cat scratch on a $500 figure.

YEAH RIGHT bros.

That sucks man. I just checked mine and it does have that scratch on the helmet the full way down. Can you try to get a replacement?

Unfortunately with the other components, I don't think it's Sideshow's goal to for complete 100% film authenticity. They don't advertise their statues as such. I think hardcore fans of any particular Star Wars character will most likely be disappointed with statues they produce.

Oh and fun fact for you Python, Fett is about 13lbs (close to the max suggested weight for a detolf shelf I know) but they do hold it fine and it fits perfectly inside. I posted pics a while back of mine and started a bit of a kerfuffle so I won't do it again haha, but just wanted to mention that I've had no problems with mine since. So don't be scared to put him inside if you were considering it haha.

I have mine way up actually on top of the unit, not on a shelf, I'm not sure I'd trust something so heavy on a glass shelf even though they do say it can take the weight. Those Detolfs freak my out tbh, mine creaks randomly and my heart skips a beat every single time the smegger does it...

JCFett, I'm not defending the shoddy paint apps we see at times, just telling you exactly what SSC will tell you. These are hand painted and will vary slightly. The other complaints are non issues as you purchased the regular which never promised the second rifle, and three tools is all any of us received. Send it back if you aren't happy.

That sucks man. I just checked mine and it does have that scratch on the helmet the full way down. Can you try to get a replacement?

Unfortunately with the other components, I don't think it's Sideshow's goal to for complete 100% film authenticity. They don't advertise their statues as such. I think hardcore fans of any particular Star Wars character will most likely be disappointed with statues they produce.

Well, the sad part in the end is that the statue they advertised has the correct mythosaur skull, it obviously has the correct cat scratch fully down to the t-visor, and it even has the flightsuit all nice and weathered. >>> https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collect...t-sideshow-collectibles-3001521/#&gid=1&pid=9

So it's not for lack of not knowing. As someone mentioned above, whoever were finalizing these products obviously didn't know what the hell they were doing. Whoever has that ROTJ skull stencil needs to burn it alive.

It's just sad that this is correct on the 1/6 and not on the PF. They knew what they were doing. They just didn't do it right.

I have mine way up actually on top of the unit, not on a shelf, I'm not sure I'd trust something so heavy on a glass shelf even though they do say it can take the weight. Those Detolfs freak my out tbh, mine creaks randomly and my heart skips a beat every single time the smegger does it...

JCFett, I'm not defending the shoddy paint apps we see at times, just telling you exactly what SSC will tell you. These are hand painted and will vary slightly. The other complaints are non issues as you purchased the regular which never promised the second rifle, and three tools is all any of us received. Send it back if you aren't happy.

Hey no, no shots fired, not coming at ya brother, it's that I do want to love this piece, and deep inside I still do. I will argue the cat scratch to the death with customer support and if it wont be replaced I'll sell it on ebay and buy another. The fact that someone meticulously hand painted my cat scratch incorrect MAKES THIS SO MUCH WORSE... who is the IDIOT? I hate to name call, but c'mon if you can't get this detail that is clearly outlined in the prototype photos for you, as well as the mythosaur skull which are both iconic to the ESB figure... what the hell are you doing working as a painter at a Star Wars toy company? I mean literally this is unacceptable, makes me fear that this same artist has ruined many other figures as well. For it's flaws it's still beautiful, but that cat scratch must be corrected. I'll make my own jetpack adjustment tool and I'll paint my own mythosaur skull if I have to, but I'm not going to settle for the helmet. Honestly, I shouldn't have to.

Did anyone get an official statement back on why the JP tool was not included???

Back