Premium Format Boba Fett Premium Format Figure - New Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, after many months waiting, my Fett finally arrived.

Why is there a number 9 on his chest? I like the font, just not on my Fett. Looks like he's been priced for a flea market.

attachment.php

Seems like someone over there in China likes the Number 9

boba5_zpsarlpfhsi.jpg

Anyone else have a problem with the head not facing the right way? My boba's head faces straight aligned with the shoulders and not facing towards his left shoulder.

Anyone else have a problem with the head not facing the right way? My boba's head faces straight aligned with the shoulders and not facing towards his left shoulder.

I believe the head is moveable, is it not? In some of the video reviews it seemed a tad difficult to rotate, but was manageable with two hands.

I tried because I thought it could be adjusted as well; but, it got to the point where I thought I was going to break it :) I'll search for the videos.

Might be too obvious, but have you inserted it correctly? Sounds like you may need to rotate the peg 90 degrees..

Might be too obvious, but have you inserted it correctly? Sounds like you may need to rotate the peg 90 degrees..

Yeah, I tried that at first, but then he's looking over his shoulder like something is behind him.

Look at this video around 14 mins on...mine appears the same way. I don't think this is uncommon. Maybe he says something in the video about it (I was watching without audio)

One more question -- would someone mind checking the back of their base?

There is one peg that appears to be unpainted on mine. I'm wondering if it's really unpainted or intentional. It's white and the surface feels different and doesn't feel finished.

Thanks!20160320_132830.jpg
20160320_132821.jpg

Mine has a few unpainted areas on the base, on the black parts that stand out however, going to just repaint the whole black areas of the base at some point.

I don't get the complaints of the plastic head... It don't look plastic...

Here is polystone vs Plastic... I don't see the big deal.

View attachment 251192

I don't think it's so much the visual difference since they both look excellent with fantastic paint. The problem is that every time I try to turn the plastic head, it creaks and makes noise and feels flimsy to the touch. It always feels like I'm going to break it. It's probably a lot stronger than we give it credit for but it doesn't feel so.

Seems like someone over there in China likes the Number 9

boba5_zpsarlpfhsi.jpg

Yeah. The 9 I can live with or even fix, the big chip in the base not so much. I could even live with the jetpack if that had been it. It's in my trunk to return tomorrow, they had no bases to send me, this one has been an awful experience that still makes me mad to think about. And like with the Iron Man Mark 1 exclusive a while back, the return means I won't have one which sucks, because this was the PF I was looking forward to the most in several years.

If anyone's waitlist converts and you get 123, that was the one I sent back. If they magically come up with a replacement base for it, then that tells us a lot about today's SSC.

Last edited:
Back