Premium Format Boba Fett Premium Format Figure - New Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Boba Fett (new version)

Its a Cloud City doohickey. Specially designed for bounty hunters to stand on while spying on landing ships. Duh!

Yeah... I don't mind the size of the base, or like 90% of it. Just the slanty board :| Just looks out of place and forced. And there are other issues with the statue, like the lanky legs. Small chest piece (and weird cloth/stitching in the chest area) and the no-where near accurate helmet. It's a very nice looking helmet as it's an idealized helmet (which I actually prefer but v0v). I do like it, and will definitely order, but it's not the bees knees, it could have been better.

Yeah... I don't mind the size of the base, or like 90% of it. Just the slanty board :| Just looks out of place and forced. And there are other issues with the statue, like the lanky legs. Small chest piece (and weird cloth/stitching in the chest area) and the no-where near accurate helmet. It's a very nice looking helmet as it's an idealized helmet (which I actually prefer but v0v). I do like it, and will definitely order, but it's not the bees knees, it could have been better.

For the 450$ price tag I'd say this is probably the best Boba we are going to get for a while

I'm with you on the board...it's like he's going down a slide at a playground. I also agree that the chest piece seems way too small and that his helmet **once again** is not accurate. Definitely on the fence about this one. I was looking forward to this piece with very high hopes, but the pics have not sold me on for sure getting it.

Because if you are like me and want to display it in a Besta with glass doors its not going to work. I would love a detailed base, but it doesn't have to be so huge that it elevates the character another 6 inches higher than necessary.

Ok. I only have detolf's, so it's going on top of that. Problem solved for me:D

Its not from the SDCC card so I'm assuming from assumption lol

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Yep, it's assumption. Pretty soon it will spread to other threads as fact and all new PFs will be priced at $450. Batgirl will be a bargain at $425. :lol

Yep, it's assumption. Pretty soon it will spread to other threads as fact and all new PFs will be priced at $450. Batgirl will be a bargain at $425. :lol
Lmao. So....$450 eh?
throwing-money.gif

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Yes, a nice statue, but...the armor is a little poor in my opinion, could be better. The helmet is inaccurate ( AGAIN! ), the pieces of the armor small, all of them: The chest pieces, knees pieces, shoulders pieces...the bags in the legs...too small again. And this is the prototype, where the clothes are really well adjust, the suit in the final pieces will be worse for sure. Maybe the original PF seem a little boring now, but I think the clothes and armor are better in the old one.

I'm lucky I have a very open space to display my statues so the elevated height due to the big base is fine with me.... infact the bigger and more detailed the better when it comes to bases for me but I can definitely understand why some are not thrilled with the new large base direction SS is going in....

don't get it either.. this base is so detailed...looks like a scaled prop out of the movies.. who would complain about that and prefer just a black plain round base ?

LOVE the whole thing beyond words, MYC - it's just the restrictions of displaying it.

You know my line-up better than anyone and it would just look really bad next to the other 15 that are (relatively) at standing height.

:monkey2

LOVE the whole thing beyond words, MYC - it's just the restrictions of displaying it.

You know my line-up better than anyone and it would just look really bad next to the other 15 that are (relatively) at standing height.

:monkey2

I can respect that. The ridiculously long rifle is the single reason I passed on the Mythos Fett over and over. I'd rather a big base than an oversized weapon. I know its apples to oranges though, as far as our reasonings are concerned.

My problem is WTF is he standing on? Yes there are a lot of odds and ends in the star wars universe that are stuck on to make something look more spacey. However they generally stick to blocks, spires, and antenna sorts. That literally looks like it was made to fit the pose, as opposed to something that would naturally be there. Is it a docking clamp? Solar Collector? It looks out of place :| The rest of it ok, the slanty board is meh for me.

I thought it was supposed to represent him stepping down from a shuttle. That's what it looks like to me. I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned that though.

Like he's just landed and is on the hunt.

Back