Premium Format Boba Fett Premium Format Figure - New Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man....wish i ordered the hot toys instead.....that thing smokes this SS version.
The pictures distort the head a lot more than it actually appears, especially cell pix. If you saw it in person you might appreciate it more.

I DO prefer the ROTJ color scheme, but I love this statue a lot! It exceeded expectations.

Curious as to what features of the HT "smoked" the SS one?

I wish HT would do a 1:4 Jedi Luke because I absolutely hated that pose SS did on the PF. Unless of course SS does a V2 with Luke on a 42" base. #BestaBanConspiracy

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

^ ok

1) i really do have a personal hate for SS for a variety of reasons that don't need to be brought up here. so everything i see i barf at. (truth be told)
2) its posable
3) better base
4) fuller. SS looks a bit skinny.
5) better cape.
6) -the shiny chest material under the armor. i don't know if thats a flash doing it or what. but it looks way too distracting to me.

if you put them next to each, like you did, my eyes IE personal preference goes to the HT.

i order that PF with RP, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do.....i don't really have an extra 4-5 bills burning a hole in my pocket right now.

its not that the SS is pure failure....far from it. but some of those things i mentioned really make the HT a more attractive option for me.

edit: the more i look at it i hate this yellow/off white material behind the armor. the screen shots I'm seeing from the movie (ESB) don't have that. not like this. what am i missing? man....this thing might be headed to the sales line.

Last edited:
^ ok

1) i really do have a personal hate for SS for a variety of reasons that don't need to be brought up here. so everything i see i barf at. (truth be told)
2) its posable
3) better base
4) fuller. SS looks a bit skinny.
5) better cape.
6) -the shiny chest material under the armor. i don't know if thats a flash doing it or what. but it looks way too distracting to me.

if you put them next to each, like you did, my eyes IE personal preference goes to the HT.

i order that PF with RP, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do.....i don't really have an extra 4-5 bills burning a hole in my pocket right now.

its not that the SS is pure failure....far from it. but some of those things i mentioned really make the HT a more attractive option for me.

edit: the more i look at it i hate this yellow/off white material behind the armor. the screen shots I'm seeing from the movie (ESB) don't have that. not like this. what am i missing? man....this thing might be headed to the sales line.

I stopped reading at the first point because it completely invalidates any opinion your have due to clear bias

I just picked up the ht boba on ebay for 400. I'm not sure I'll keep my pre order of the pf now. They both look great to me but the ht at that price seems like a winner.

I stopped reading at the first point because it completely invalidates any opinion your have due to clear bias

Wait....what? You stopped reading? Omg no not that! Please god make this guy read it!

However i did read your entire comment. Please explain how someones opinion can be rendered invalid? This i need to hear...

Wait....what? You stopped reading? Omg no not that! Please god make this guy read it!

However i did read your entire comment. Please explain how someones opinion can be rendered invalid? This i need to hear...
Typically if one is biased toward one thing then you already have a dislike built-in toward the other brand, so therefore it's natural to find ways to tear apart the other guy.

Personally I think Hot Toys always nails their pieces about 95% of the time, with 5% dislike being either complete likeness nit picks. Sideshow has always been spotty in my book, but I love the premium format side of things, and when they get it right (in my eyes) I will jump onboard. I haven't bought a PF for quite a few years now and Boba just looked like it was gonna be great, and in-person it's just sweet.

I love that HT is doing the 1:4 line because it gives me something I could put alongside the statues if the SS ones end up coming out terrible or not at all. The 1:6 just don't fit in my collection, so I'm excited to see what they do more with Star Wars down the line in the quarter scale.

I don't have a bias toward either, I've just always bought PF. My absolute favorite is the last I bought of the Speeder Bike and Scout. Absolute perfection.

^ i have dislike toward ss but i still order items i think ill like. I order very few item made by ss. But i still order so its not blind rage....

To say that an opinion is invalid is like saying the truth is a lie.

Just be real and say "i did read it but i wanted to seem edgy and irreverent when in fact, i really have nothing to say."

^ i have dislike toward ss but i still order items i think ill like. I order very few item made by ss. But i still order so its not blind rage....

Just be real and say "i did read it but i wanted to seem edgy and irreverent when in fact, i really have nothing to say."
.... I read your entire post for the record :)

First off, what is truth?

And I figured I'd give your comment a read, despite my better judgement, and since I own both pieces, I figured I'd post some feedback. If I sounded a little standoffish, it's because I've waited patiently for almost two years for this piece, and it was my most anticipated. For someone to say it looks bad or a waste of money is bound to set me off. But anyway.

The hot toys Boba is truly art, heck is say the same of the PF, but I will say both pieces are easily worth the money.

When I got my HT Boba, he came broken, and after I got a replacement, all anyone who has him, the toy anxiety that comes with posing him us extreme. I was sweating bullets every time I turned a joint or used pressure, because the figure feels like its going to fall apart at any time. Also, the ankle and arm joints suck, and make most poses impossible, if not extremely difficult or stressful.

The paint apps on both are fantastic, and they both have the pinched visor, and are equally innacurate. I don't have a professional camera or equipment, so since of the angles are a little off, and the curtains and walls next to the figures are yellow/off white, so it probably affected the color a bit. The PF helmet looks MUCH better in person.

The stands on both pieces are excellent, but I'd say the HT Fett is a little too big for most collectors or people with limited space. The capes are the same, material and posability wise, so that comes down to actual design preference between the two.

The only two things I will say HT did better was the box, and the fact that the figure does seem a little fuller.

Both are 10/10 must haves that any TRUE collector of Fett would be honored to have in their collection

.... I read your entire post for the record :)

Dont-Feed-The-Trolls-Meme-04.jpg

Alright Crackerjacks,
I got some extra time before work yesterday to snap some photos of this piece, and unfortunately I have a few more to take in the daylight, but here's what I have so far
FzxlGEt.jpg

URa5Kas.jpg

vHlVEp4.jpg

0uz08rr.jpg

l1kS4sA.jpg

GxtiXwi.jpg

4dLdwqq.jpg

P4XJAxH.jpg

RCrWDUq.jpg

njVDqMz.jpg

7453RwL.jpg

D5dRM51.jpg

3riWJPy.jpg

T0eagY4.jpg

R7krJCq.jpg

WkhJi1S.jpg

tUpSESC.jpg

xr07TGC.jpg

KfOPsHQ.jpg

pz3crVc.jpg

Best in hand pics yet! :clap
Thank you, Sir! :wave

My excitement is fully restored! (and even the slightly misplaced decal on the chest, didn`t bother me anymore, like it did in the first pics)....:yess:

Now back to the waiting game...:impatient: :lol

First off, what is truth?

And I figured I'd give your comment a read, despite my better judgement, and since I own both pieces, I figured I'd post some feedback. If I sounded a little standoffish, it's because I've waited patiently for almost two years for this piece, and it was my most anticipated. For someone to say it looks bad or a waste of money is bound to set me off. But anyway.

When I got my HT Boba, he came broken, and after I got a replacement, all anyone who has him, the toy anxiety that comes with posing him us extreme. I was sweating bullets every time I turned a joint or used pressure, because the figure feels like its going to fall apart at any time. Also, the ankle and arm joints suck, and make most poses impossible, if not extremely difficult or stressful.

first of all to the guy calling me a troll. I'm no troll brother. far from it. I'm a huge Fett fan and overall collector of cool ****. instead of replying with a like minded childish picture, ill just say i pre ordered the figure on day one, so step off. i was directly asked a question and i responded. so that makes someone a troll? good to know. looks to me like you're the troll if we are all being honest....

now, what is a truth.

i was not referring to the figure. i was making a general statement. so take any truth, say the fact that you are going to die one day. now call that a lie. whatever...you get the point. an opinion cannot be invalid under any circumstances. you can disagree with an opinion, sure. but nothing else.

secondly, you said...

If I sounded a little standoffish, it's because I've waited patiently for almost two years for this piece, and it was my most anticipated. For someone to say it looks bad or a waste of money is bound to set me off.

is that not also a biased opinion?

lastly the bit about the figure....NOW THATS GOOD INFORMATION. i can use that to factor into my decision. after reading that i did some poking around and in fact many people do share that sentiment. so thank you for enlightening me. i have decided not to pursue the HT since i already have the SS coming. i have a few bills in the pipeline (taxes) so i need to stay disciplined.

I'm no hater on Fett. i am a SS detractor. only because i have more bad than good run ins. for others who haven't, you will if you stay in this long enough. i shouldn't say that....hopefully you won't. unfortunately i have. not enough to drive me away 100%, but i def got one foot out the door. hopefully, they can turn things around and i can put both feet back in. they are not trending in a very favorable direction right now in terms of customer service, QC and product likeness to proto type pics, which we use to make buying decisions.

i appreciate the love for this PF. i do not like the vest. it is way too distracting. its almost a yellowish tint...

i went and watched ESB last night (just the Fett parts) and i did not notice this overwhelming contrast on screen like i do on this PF. i have seen fan made costumes that have it, but I'm confused. its not that apparent to me. sure there is a difference, but not this much. as you can see the HT doesn't have it....so that only makes me like that more. now, with my big ape hands, i cannot have fragile stuff. just doesn't work out for me. i need to get my wife to do mods and such.

ill be sticking to the SS. but if anyone can help me understand the yellow vest thing, id be appreciative, because I'm not seeing it on screen.

I fail to see the "too skinny" argument. I have this thing in front of me and it's so not skinny anywhere. I guess you really need to see it in person.

And the yellow vest thing I think is due to lighting and/or camera flashes. It's more a cream color, but leaning more on white/grey than yellow, similar color scheme to the neck seal.

Last edited:
I fail to see the "too skinny" argument. I have this thing in front of me and it's so not skinny anywhere. I guess you really need to see it in person.

And the yellow vest thing I think is due to lighting and/or camera flashes. It's more a cream color, but leaning more on white/grey than yellow, similar color scheme to the neck seal.

why is it different at all? was it like that in ESB? the HT version doesn't have that. this is the first Fett I've seen like this, so I'm just trying to understand. i DO see a difference, just not this much of one. Was it due to the lighting?

jeremy-bulloch-esb.jpg

^ ok

Please explain how someones opinion can be rendered invalid? This i need to hear...

You sorta invalidated your own opinion.. If you say you hate SSC so everything you see that they make you "barf" at (your words) you have stated that your opinion "regardless of how well SSC might do" is already made up. It's like having an opinion on something before you ever see it. Sort of makes it invalid. :) Perhaps not to you since it's your opinion... But defiantly others.

Just my opinion anyways.... Which may be invalid :)

why is it different at all? was it like that in ESB? the HT version doesn't have that. this is the first Fett I've seen like this, so I'm just trying to understand. i DO see a difference, just not this much of one. Was it due to the lighting?

View attachment 246166

Your photo is a perfect example of lighting.. You photo looks like the under shirt is Blue.

this photo looks more white.

Boba-Fett-Costume-Empire-Strikes-Back-Interrogation-1.jpg

For the record I am a bit worried about how the shirt looks in person also...

You sorta invalidated your own opinion.. If you say you hate SSC so everything you see that they make you "barf" at (your words) you have stated that your opinion "regardless of how well SSC might do" is already made up. It's like having an opinion on something before you ever see it. Sort of makes it invalid. :) Perhaps not to you since it's your opinion... But defiantly others.

Just my opinion anyways.... Which may be invalid :)

i started out saying that i know i am biased to favor HT, by stating i don't like SS. But, lets be real....who isn't? there are only a handful of people who think SS is better than HT in regards to 1/6th figures. I'm not quite sure there is even a handful. this being 1/4 scale to PF might change that for some people. all i know is an opinion cannot be invalid because no opinion is fact. facts are facts. opinions are beliefs and judgments unique to a persons POV. but I'm tired with the opinion thing...if you want to say its invalid knock yourselves out.

however, i went on to provide the real reasons. so lets not get hung up on my general SS negativity.

i wish this didn't have this odd shirt color. its too much. its just too much. but I'm stuck since i used a boat load of points on it. plus the fragile nature of the HT has me concerned as well.

if i didn't already have the SS on the way, i'd probably be leaning towards the HT but id still need to think about it.

SS is always making something cool with just enough wrong to cause people to have invalid opinions. :wink1:

obi wan mythos - no saber hilt when shipped. vader mythos - AWESOME cheetos colored vader.....stuff like that just keeps happening.

Back