Bob Iger back in as Disney CEO, Chapek out

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisstbh

Thrawnald McDonald
Reaction score
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/b...er-returning-ceo-bob-chapek-exits-1235266823/
289CF650-A2BD-45ED-8CC6-B5ABDEA6106F.jpeg

Hopefully, he'll sort out the WDW Genie, food, accommodation & ticket pricing mess.

Hopefully, he'll sort out the WDW Genie, food, accommodation & ticket pricing mess.
Yeah, I've never been to a park, and with a flood of complaints all over the 'net, figured I missed the boat. Everything from getting rid of the shuttle bus to reducing food portion size to broken rides and animatronics to the parks looking dirty. I guess Chapek didn't care since the parks stayed packed.

Maybe Igor is more concerned about the parks reputation anyway. As a POTC fan, one day I always wanted to see that ride, but that's one of the ones that was messed up.

Yeah, I've never been to a park, and with a flood of complaints all over the 'net, figured I missed the boat. Everything from getting rid of the shuttle bus to reducing food portion size to broken rides and animatronics to the parks looking dirty. I guess Chapek didn't care since the parks stayed packed.

Maybe Igor is more concerned about the parks reputation anyway. As a POTC fan, one day I always wanted to see that ride, but that's one of the ones that was messed up.
I haven't been since 2015. Have wanted to go several times since, but prices and complaints put me off. Back then, the FastPass was great, dining plan was free if you booked way in advance, accommadation was a reasonable price (I went mid-tier), and some perks were worth the extra. Of course, still expensive, but not as insane as it is now. They need to sort it out.

Probelm is, park numbers are still up. People should respond with their wallets and refuse the treatment & prices.

Iger & KK are both responsible for the crapfest that was TROS. Let's not hold our breath for any miracles here. Chapek was definitely out of his depth, but it was Iger's insane spending before he left that put Disney in such a deep hole...Chapek just didn't have the skill to get out of it. NEITHER of them are about protecting and curating the legacy of Disney or any of the franchises Iger bought. No, this "great news" is window dressing for the inevitable fire sale.

And Kennedy isn't going anywhere.

I thought her contract ran out in 2024 anyway?
As for Iger being some sort of saviour, eh, who knows. It's not like everything was great under his watch. Either way, I don't really care whether these mega corporations lose money.

Back