BOB BURNS the Greatest Collector of us all!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

figuremaster_les

AF-FIRMATIVE!
Reaction score
Saving my 500th post for something really cool!

One week ago today, right now, as I write this, I was immersed in the grandest of all collections on the planet, that of the real movie props and memoribilia of none other than Mr. Bob Burns.

I met the old fella 11 years ago, ironically, at a Sideshow sponsored event in fact, back before Sideshow became what it is today...they put on some of the old Mad Model Party conventions, and I went to L.A. for the MMP 2.

There I met Bob.

We hit it off immediately, and he invited me over to his famed basement (Sci-Fi channel was even doing spots on it back then...), but, I didn't go.
For one reason or another, I just didn't get the time, and had to head home and regretted it ever since.

So, I followed up this year, and after two failed attempts to go see him again, I finally made it out. Plus, this time, I was packing heat! I had two original custom figures for him, as a thanks for letting me come over.

So, here, in pictures is a brief overview of my tour.

Enjoy all because as Bob said, this is all for everyone!

THE ROOM OF DOOM! The BASEMENT!
(Yes, that's THE King Kong there in front, greeting all visitors!)
chamberofdreams.jpg

Me giving Bob his Spy Smasher custom figure...
SS11.jpg

The full sized American Werewolf! (There's a good one for Sideshow to make!!!)
AmWerewolf.jpg

Darth Vader's hand! From Return of the Jedi!
(I'm holding Darth Vader's hand...still can't get over that one!)
Vaderhand1.jpg

With Glenn Strange's Frankenstein shoe from Abbott & Costello meet Frankenstein
frankenshoe.jpg

The puppet head of Vermithrax from Dragonslayer! My all-time favorite movie Dragon!
vermithrax.jpg

Some ALIENS were just hanging out...
alienresnPred.jpg

So was her royal majesty...The ALIEN QUEEN! (She is HUGE!!!!)
Queen1.jpg

And of course, I hung out with The Eighth Wonder of the World!...
Kong1.jpg

He bit me!
Kong3.jpg

That's it for now.
Go to my website and see more shots soon. I have way too many to post here. But it was a blast, and I want to openly thank Bob for letting me into his most sacred of spaces...

It was a dream fulfilled!

(Don't expect my 1000th post to be this grand, but I will certainly try!)

Last edited:
YOU ARE ONE LUCKY MAN LES!!!! TRULY A LUCKY MAN!!!! NOT MANY GOT TO DO WHAT YOU JUST EXPERIENCED!!! CONGRATZ. THANKS FOR SHARING THE PICS!!! :clap :clap :clap

Sweet pics! Really cool you even got to touch, hold, and even play with some of them. Its good to see that he just doesn't hide these things away to never be seen again. From what I've seen of him, he seems like a really cool guy. Congrats again on being able to go to collection!

Figuremaster Les said:
Me giving Bob his Spy Smasher custom figure...
SS11.jpg

....and a very cool looking custom as usual Les. AWESOME JOB!!!!

F'n awesome Les!!! You truly are the figuremaster and were rewarded for it. I still can't get over Vaders hand!!! Any Kurgan props in that collection :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

WOW..... Awesome report Les!!! I'm so amazed at the sheer quantity of stuff Bob has amassed. Vader's hand, the Alien Queen, King Kong Armature.... just so much to take in. I would have had a heart attack!!

Nice pics as well, thanks for showing this to everyone. Your experience has just enriched our lives as well!! :rock :rock :rock

Bob is indeed the ULTIMATE collector! incredible pics Les, and that Spy Smasher is SWEET! even better than the PM u did for Bob. congrats on the once in a lifetime experience!!

Wow, that is a chance of a lifetime! Vader's hand ... :drool

Makes me even more excited for the Kong Armature I have on order. :monkey5

LOTRFan said:
Wow, that is a chance of a lifetime! Vader's hand ... :drool

Makes me even more excited for the Kong Armature I have on order. :monkey5

You know, I was wanting one of those Armatures...I still do, God they are expensive! BUT, at least I got to hold HIM. If I never get one now, I think I'll make out ok.

Do post when you get one though, as it is one awesome thing to hold and play with!

(Be fun to revamp one out with all the foam and fur wouldn't it!)

BTW, It was wild knowing that was actually Vader's hand. Just wild! Still ain't over that one yet....PosterboyKelly was saying never wash my hands again...:lol ...funny enough, after holding Kong, there is this distinct metal smell on your hands for a while....that was heady stuff too! I HAD KONG SMELL ON ME! :D That's one you never think you'll ever say...
Or when I passed him to someone, and said "Here, hold Kong" That's a phrase I never thought I'd hear myself say...and MEAN it! :lol
Wild stuff!

tooo awesome man.

I love it when you get to see that some of the collectible replicas we buy from companies are actually BETTER than the originals produced. Esp with some of the classic stuff. but people still complain about the product. hilarious :lol

Congrats Les!!! You are a lucky man. Gald you had a great time. And its also great to hear that ol Bod is a Kurgan fan!!!

Love the new sig too Les!!!! Thanks for the bad ass pix. Damn, Vaders hand:horror

Oh and congrats on 500 posts!!!

What an experience! What an amazing collection! I'll never complain about not having enough space for my stuff again.

Did you need to be frisked before leaving? "Is that a Kong in your pants, Les?" :lol

Good lord! There must be a fortune in props there. I hope there's one hell of a security and fire suppression system! Make that security system only. I forgot water and props don't mix....

Thanks for sharing the pics, Les!

That figure you made for Bob still blows me away.

Tin

I think those kind of collections are much more intresting to see than all the huge "toy" collections that people post on various sites. They're more likely to retain/gain value as the stuff is genuinely rare with a great history and not mass produced stuff that everyone and his dog are hoarding away these days.
Vader's hand>large Hasbro collection :D

Back