Bmutha's Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more question, how big is it actually, from the base to the top? It looks pretty big but just wondering the exact specs, thank in advance. And again awesome piece, I would love to get this one someday but due to how limited it is unless I could find one for around your price I would have to pass. And also with the new antman movie coming out soon maybe I might be able to snag one similar.

One more question, how big is it actually, from the base to the top? It looks pretty big but just wondering the exact specs, thank in advance. And again awesome piece, I would love to get this one someday but due to how limited it is unless I could find one for around your price I would have to pass. And also with the new antman movie coming out soon maybe I might be able to snag one similar.

It's about 12" from the bottom of the base to the top of the head. So, in truth, about 1/6 scale, I guess. For any other character that might be a problem, but for Ant Man, it works. I have him next to my Thor PF right now, and it looks good. The piece is also surprisingly solid and pretty heavy for its size. Good luck in your search for one!

You got that deluxe for a great price. I sold the regular version for 425 a couple months ago within days... Damn you B!!! But in all seriousness Damn you B!!!

Just putting together a few of my favorite pics:

statue+collage.jpg

You got that deluxe for a great price. I sold the regular version for 425 a couple months ago within days... Damn you B!!! But in all seriousness Damn you B!!!

Ha ha...I had just bought my Carnage and almost passed on Ant Man to save a bit of money, but ultimately I had to jump on that deal. The deluxe Ant Man just doesn't show up for sale very often.

It's about 12" from the bottom of the base to the top of the head. So, in truth, about 1/6 scale, I guess. For any other character that might be a problem, but for Ant Man, it works. I have him next to my Thor PF right now, and it looks good. The piece is also surprisingly solid and pretty heavy for its size. Good luck in your search for one!

Thanks for the info B.

Alright, in anticipation of 2014's incoming pieces (I have 3 on the way this month alone), I did a bit of re-arranging of the collection room over the holidays. Put together a new besta (three "cubes" high x one "cube" wide).

As you know, Ikea doesn't make a full height clear door for these units, and if you are like me, it drives you crazy if the shelf doesn't line up with the door frame (when using the Tombo doors). So, I created my own using the "VARA" door.

Here is how it turned out (the bottom space is reserved for Thor, but he is currently having some work done):

IMG_9550-001.JPG

For those interested, here is how I did it.

The VARA door is a solid particle board unit. I had the middle cut out of door (my father in law did this for free, as he has a wood working business). I left 2.5" along the vertical edges and 2" along the top and bottom edges. (I masked the edges around the opening to help avoid scuff marks etc.)

photo+1.JPG

The problem with cutting particle board is that you are left with a fairly rough surface that doesn't paint very well.

photo+3.JPG

So, instead of painting, I used some pre-glued cabinet edging strips. I was using a white door, so it was easy to find white strip...I know there is a birch colour, too, but not sure about a black-brown. This stuff cost about 3 bucks a roll from Home Depot, and I used two 8' rolls.

photo+2.JPG

So, this stuff works great. You iron it on with a regular house iron...took almost no time at all. I will say that the strips are not very flexible. I had the corners of the opening slightly rounded, and if I did it again, I would go with 90 degree corners. The edging strip did not "bend" through the corners as well as I thought it would. So, just a heads up if anyone wants to give this a go.

photo+4.JPG

The strips are a bit wider than the thickness of the door, so you just have to trim off the excess.

photo+5.JPG

Then, I picked up an acrylic panel from a local plastics manufacturer. The panel I used is 73" tall x 20" wide x 3/16" thick...so the panel was about 0.75" larger than the opening all around. I had the manufacturer drill some 1/8" diameter holes around the perimeter (the center of the hole is 5/16" from the edge of the acrylic panel). In the future, I would drill all the holes myself. I was worried about possibly cracking the acrylic by drilling it, but I ended up drilling a bunch more holes with a regular 1/8" drill bit, and it was super easy...no problems at all. They actually charged me a lot to drill the holes, so I could have saved a good amount of money had I known.

Anyway, then I simply screwed the panel to the back side of the door with #6 screws (5/8" long, with a pan head).

IMG_9561-001.JPG

IMG_9562-001.JPG

I actually used about 20 screws, to make sure the panel was "sucked tight" to the door frame all around. The nice thing is that this assembly weighs about 12 lbs less than the original VARA door, so the unit doesn't tip when the door is wide open (even when it's empty).

Here is a shot of the overall collection room as of today. Hopefully I can clear a bit more space for all of my upcoming pre-orders.

IMG_9560-001.JPG

Wow! :horror that's some great work on your display cabinet Kris :clap What an excellent job buddy. What are the 3 pieces you have coming this month?

Wow! :horror that's some great work on your display cabinet Kris :clap What an excellent job buddy. What are the 3 pieces you have coming this month?

Thanks, Andy. I have Mary Jane coming on Tuesday next week, Batman coming hopefully Friday next week (assuming it ships Wednesday like they said it would), and Judge Death is supposed to ship on the 10th. And I have 9 more PO's that should come later this year :horror

Thanks, Andy. I have Mary Jane coming on Tuesday next week, Batman coming hopefully Friday next week (assuming it ships Wednesday like they said it would), and Judge Death is supposed to ship on the 10th. And I have 9 more PO's that should come later this year :horror

WoW! That's some PO list dude! Now I can see why you've gone to such measures just to create more space lol! Can't wait to see more pics :rock

Doors came out fantastic.
Personally I don't think the edges take much away from the view.
Room looks great.

Back