Bmutha's Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great Kris...I've had my custom arms for nearly a month now :lol my Punisher PF is finally scheduled to arrive to me next week :lol :lol

Thanks. Hopefully you get your Punisher soon.

My Jim Lee head and holder arrived today.

They both look great, but alas the head did not fit on my body and none of the heads (the Lee and the two Sideshow) fit on the holder!!

After a bit of work with my dremel, I got the Lee head fitting nicely onto the body...just some paint touch ups to do. Still a ways to go with the holder, though...I must have got a lemon there, because the original heads were not even close to fitting onto it.

Alright everyone...I have been waiting a long time for this update. My custom Jim Lee based Batman portrait.

Wow, when I first saw this, I knew I had to have it...what a beautiful sculpt! I put my order in nearly as soon as it was made available, and have been waiting (im)patiently ever since.

Well, #9 of 50 arrived this past Friday, and I rushed to get home. I cracked open the box and was blown away by the quality of this portrait. Nice weight, beautiful sculpt, and outstanding paint job by Dark_Spidey. I picked up one of the portrait holders to go a long with it, so I can display one of the extra heads and swap them out readily.

I ran down to my "man cave" to swap out the heads, and...what's this?...it didn't freaking fit on the body!!! Well, at least it fits on the holder...wait, no! It doesn't! What about the original Sideshow portraits...surely they will fit on the holder...nope!

Well, I was pretty forlorn. This thing wasn't cheap, and it doesn't freaking fit? Then I remembered my handy dandy dremel tool. Ironically, Sideshow pretty much paid for it by way of refund...they were so hard up for Batman replacements, they virtually paid me to buy a dremel and fix the peg holes in my base in order to get my replacement body to fit.

Anyway, I busted out my dremel and went to town. Several hours of shaving down the new pieces and some paint-touch ups later, voila:

IMG_1248-001.JPG

IMG_1171-001.JPG

IMG_1181-001.JPG

IMG_1193-001.JPG

IMG_1209-001.JPG

IMG_1239-001.JPG

IMG_1249-001.JPG

IMG_1260-001.JPG

IMG_1263-001.JPG

This portrait is beautiful. It gives a real comic book feel to the piece, whereas Sideshow's portraits (which I love) lend a little more realism. I am really, really impressed. I've done so much work on this Batman...pit surgery, base adjustments, I had to shave down the peg that connects the right hand, and now adjustments to this custom portrait and holder...I almost feel like I put this one together myself! It's like my baby!

Last edited:
While I had Batman out of the PAX, I decided to snap a few pics of the Joker. I was experimenting with my camera settings, and I think I figured out how to achieve more detailed pics with my particular lens than I was in the past. Let me know what you think of these:

IMG_1340-001.JPG

IMG_1355-001.JPG

Here are a few pics of the custom unmasked Deadpool portrait that arrived a couple weeks ago:

IMG_1373-001.JPG

IMG_1380-001.JPG

IMG_1383-001.JPG

I really dig this thing. Excellent sculpt and paint. Very cool that the upturned mask can be removed. This portrait completely changes the look and feel of the statue. Very worthwhile getting if you have the chance to pick one up.

Last edited:
And finally, a couple improved pics of the customs I received from Spazzy for the Punisher PF earlier this week. Spazzy went out of his way with the rocket launcher...what an amazing addition to the PF. Love the fact that I can sling it over his back or he can hold it on his shoulder. It has open and closed sights. What an awesome result on this custom...great job, Spazzy! I also picked up the Uzi for the left hand, and an AR-15 commando assault rifle for the right. These are amazing as well. This is a brand new PF now...Frank is truly ready to take down some gangsters...or small countries...with this arsenal!

IMG_1410-001.JPG

IMG_1414-001.JPG

IMG_1422-001.JPG

IMG_1430-001.JPG

brilliant! love the update. Great pieces like this always make me rethink my HT collection. Congrats!

IMG_3223-001.JPG

awesome collection man, but quick question, where did you pick up the box surrounding this guy?

IMG_3223-001.JPG

awesome collection man, but quick question, where did you pick up the box surrounding this guy?

Thanks for the compliments.

I had that acrylic box custom made at a local plastics manufacturer. Depending on where you live, you may be able to do the same. There are also some places that will sell them online, but the shipping cost is usually pretty high.

The lights inside are from Ikea.

Yeah that's how im going to my silver surfer, megatron and optimus, looks awesome bmutha. If you don't mind me asking so I have an idea, about how much was the acrylic box?

Back