1/6 Blue Steel Mark XXX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me, the plastic ones looks cheaper (in hand) and psychologically there's something about metal in armour... it just sits well, in my head. I don't get the plastic armours. I love the Starboost design, but then again, maybe it's my mind trying to save my wallet :) I don't get all the DC, only the ones that I like.
Maybe you're right about durability, but I never worry about 10 years in the future, I worry about now. When I enter my office and see these toys, it brings a smile to my face.

Nobody can really tell on the shelf i have had friends think DC ones are plastic and plastic ones are DC (it is still the same paint over the plastic/diecast). When all of my preorders come in i will have well over 30 IM figures and i have every DC iron man Hot Toys has made and i still prefer the plastic ones. Easier to pose, handle and not as quick to try and fall over. I just get the figures i like and I do not really care about the material it is made out of but that is just me.

To me, the plastic ones looks cheaper (in hand) and psychologically there's something about metal in armour... it just sits well, in my head. I don't get the plastic armours. I love the Starboost design, but then again, maybe it's my mind trying to save my wallet :) I don't get all the DC, only the ones that I like.
Maybe you're right about durability, but I never worry about 10 years in the future, I worry about now. When I enter my office and see these toys, it brings a smile to my face.

The perceived value of diecast, especially in hand is definitely there. It's just something that can't be shaken.

I agree with you to an extent.. But I prefer the house party figures be plastic. It just makes a lot more sense.

I will say that when I have like the 45, 42, and 7 displayed together.. My brain just tells me that the 42 and 45 look better because of the materials used.

Oh well. I'm glad I like them both types.

I love all armors, diecast and plastic. And I have 42 displayed together. IMO, I don't think you can tell a difference by just looking at them displayed. You'd have to hande them, or pay for them to realize they are different. Especially considering the diecast aren't near 100% diecast.

I actually prefer plastic, it helps keep the price down. I have almost all of the Iron Man figures made. See below

Whenever I get a display set up for my Iron Man figures. I will only pose them in the museum pose.

Sorry for stirring up the thread with "this vs that".
I'm still steering away from perceived cheap "plastic men".

Nice collections though guys. Keep the pictures coming!

I may not like them enough to buy, but I like them enough to see pictures.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Just differing opinions. I have never bought based on what others think. If I like, I buy.

Just differing opinions. I have never bought based on what others think. If I like, I buy.
Okay cool. Sounds like you're a pretty reasonable guy. I know these threads can get very very heated when a different opinion comes in. Thanks!

No worries, ever. And as Mike touched on, differing opinions are what this board is all about. It's just when the b.s. gets mixed in, is when things go wrong. Buy what you like :duff

Okay cool. Sounds like you're a pretty reasonable guy. I know these threads can get very very heated when a different opinion comes in. Thanks!

Unfortunately, I've seen plenty of ugliness on these boards for years. It typically stems from someone thinking their way is the only way. And no matter what the topic is, life just doesn't work that way

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The perceived value of diecast, especially in hand is definitely there. It's just something that can't be shaken.

I agree with you to an extent.. But I prefer the house party figures be plastic. It just makes a lot more sense.

I will say that when I have like the 45, 42, and 7 displayed together.. My brain just tells me that the 42 and 45 look better because of the materials used.

Oh well. I'm glad I like them both types.

It might just be my head messing with me :)

Cant wait for Sneaky,Blue Steel and the rest of HPP armours but with the recent trend of Iron Man being heavily discounted during Spooktacular makes me thinking that should i just buy Iron Man figures everytime there's Spooktacular and buy other figures while waiting for Spook (Ex Ghostbuster from Blitzway etc)

For the Diecast vs Plastic debate i gotta say there really no difference once they are displayed. But i prefer all Main armours (Mark 1-7,42,43,45,46) to be hopefully be all in diecast then all House Party Protocol to stay plastic. Makes collecting them a bit cheaper and posing them in flight mode a lot safer

image.jpg

Back