1/6 Blue Steel Mark XXX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No right or wrong with Plastic/DC, each to their own, but some really valid points from Budgetstark

I prefer Plastic as I leave mine in museum poses and with HT paintwork being so amazing, I can't really tell a difference unless I hold them. And with the cheaper price, it means I can get more HPP armours!

Right...I don't mean to make it sound like a "this vs that".

For me, the fact that none of the HPP armors are appealing at all makes it an easy pass.

If you like them, enjoy them!
Don't let dissenting opinions affect your confidence in the choices you make.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Right...I don't mean to make it sound like a "this vs that".

For me, the fact that none of the HPP armors are appealing at all makes it an easy pass.

If you like them, enjoy them!
Don't let dissenting opinions affect your confidence in the choices you make.

Yea! As long as you like the figure then go for it! [emoji4]

I LOVE how they've done it.. Diecast main armors and plastic (for the most part) house party armors.

I don't mind the price point of the diecast figures.. Do I wish they were cheaper? Most definitely. But the weight of the diecast really adds some perceived value.

I just hope they continue with giving us the house party figures, and hopefully a diecast 7.

I love them both...I've got several diecast and even more of the plastic versions...makes sense honestly, do the diecast in the standard, more popular armors and the HPP's in plastic...you can get away with charging more for the popular ones. They're gonna sell a bunch of the diecast Mark VII's when they announce him.

I only get die-cast. None of the HPP armors are very appealing...

Not to mention, they feel so cheap...

Put a couple of ten cent lead fishing sinkers in them and you accomplish the same thing as Diecast. Heck, even made from the same cheap metal. Both Diecast and plastic figures are mostly made from the same material, with some pieces on the Diecast versions done in cheap metal to simulate quality and heft. But that's all it is, simulated. They have managed to come up with a way to get people to pay 30-40% more for a less advanced material with less detail retention ability so that in that half of 1% of the life of the figure it feels heavy. Lol it still amazes me

Put a couple of ten cent lead fishing sinkers in them and you accomplish the same thing as Diecast. Heck, even made from the same cheap metal. Both Diecast and plastic figures are mostly made from the same material, with some pieces on the Diecast versions done in cheap metal to simulate quality and heft. But that's all it is, simulated. They have managed to come up with a way to get people to pay 30-40% more for a less advanced material with less detail retention ability so that in that half of 1% of the life of the figure it feels heavy. Lol it still amazes me

You know, that's really not a bad idea. On to the next issue which is subjective. Really don't find any of the HPP armors appealing. I'm on my own for that.

Did someone just bash Hot Toys???

images

No, I mean every time I read a motu post, I see you bag him straight afterwards or a couple after every time. It's just not warranted. I want to read about the forum, not about someone trolling another member. It gets very tired very quick and it happens to much on these forums. It really isn't worth it. Enjoy the forum and the community to discuss figure collecting. Don't waste your time mate.

If I post something it is a reply to something that the poster puts out there first. I do not actively seek out anyone to troll. I read a thread, see a post, and reply to it. If my posting offends, my apologies.

Mate do you always have a go at Motu after he posts? If so please stop, it's getting old. It's easier to just ignore the post than be rude.
I think he was referring to me actually. I was "bashing" HT since I didn't like any of their HPP armors and they weren't die-cast.

Correct me if I am wrong Sikatar.

I think he was referring to me actually. I was "bashing" HT since I didn't like any of their HPP armors and they weren't die-cast.

Correct me if I am wrong Sikatar.

Enzolt, you are correct and it was an attempt at humor. My apologies on that. I should have just replied to you directly. Sorry, my friend.

Enzolt, you are correct and it was an attempt at humor. My apologies on that. I should have just replied to you directly. Sorry, my friend.
Nah, don't worry about it. I'm not offended at all.

I was looking at Sneaky and that might be the first HPP armor I would consider getting, lmao!

Nah, don't worry about it. I'm not offended at all.

I was looking at Sneaky and that might be the first HPP armor I would consider getting, lmao!

Appreciate that, and again, my apologies nevertheless. :duff

And Sneaky would be a good addition for your collection if you get him :)

To me, the plastic ones looks cheaper (in hand) and psychologically there's something about metal in armour... it just sits well, in my head. I don't get the plastic armours. I love the Starboost design, but then again, maybe it's my mind trying to save my wallet :) I don't get all the DC, only the ones that I like.
Maybe you're right about durability, but I never worry about 10 years in the future, I worry about now. When I enter my office and see these toys, it brings a smile to my face.

Back