Blue-Ray or HD DVD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you guys are still refusing to take a format war between companies you have nothing to do with, on a personal level.

Anyone got Edward Scissorhands on BD here? Any good? I've never seen the film (that's right, O said NEVER) but the BD version's an extended edition so I'm a little wary. Sometimes more is less...

Glad you guys are still refusing to take a format war between companies you have nothing to do with, on a personal level.

No kidding. By far the most annoying thing about this format war has been the biased fanboys on both sides. And now the chest-thumping from the Blu-Ray camp (lead by the pied pipers at The Digital Bits).... Ugh. It's almost insufferable enough to make one wish both formats failed and we were stuck with DVD. :cool:

Last week I was at a Best Buy and was browsing in the HD-DVD/BD section. One of the store employees came by and told me if I was thinking about getting into the hi def world that I should look to BD as his manager had told him they would be clearing out the HD-DVD stock and selling only BD by June of this year.

I dont know how credible he or his manager are, but I just thought I would through that out there.

Last week I was at a Best Buy and was browsing in the HD-DVD/BD section. One of the store employees came by and told me if I was thinking about getting into the hi def world that I should look to BD as his manager had told him they would be clearing out the HD-DVD stock and selling only BD by June of this year.

I dont know how credible he or his manager are, but I just thought I would through that out there.
Check it out! :rock

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=702773&postcount=1296

Hmm ive been reading alot of articles and following this war and it seems HD-DVD wont last past this year.. with only 3 companies backing HD while Blu Ray has all the rest is sure death

It's almost insufferable enough to make one wish both formats failed and we were stuck with DVD. :cool:

Almost, yes. But only almost. ;) However, since the outcome of the war certainly looks inevitable to me, and I have come to terms with it, I am finding the rantings and ravings of some of the more die-hard HD DVD fans at certain other (AVS) forums to be just annoying enough now that I am kind of looking forward to that format's downfall. And the more annoyed I get, the more spectacular I hope that downfall is.

Wouldn't that be funny if they tricked everyone and Universal, Paramount/Dreamworks stayed HD-DVD exclusive and Cloverfield, Sweeney Todd, Hellboy II, Iron Man, and Star Trek (reaching there) were all HD-DVD exclusives?

Wouldn't that be funny if they tricked everyone and Universal, Paramount/Dreamworks stayed HD-DVD exclusive and Cloverfield, Sweeney Todd, Hellboy II, Iron Man, and Star Trek (reaching there) were all HD-DVD exclusives?

Ummm... no. That would be the time to get out the torches and pitchforks, and storm their corporate offices.

You're just not getting it. Funny is like this:

picture2xe0.png

Not funny is like this:

picture3ev1.png

Back