[Blitzway] The Silence of the Lambs: Hannibal Lecter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really want to have a Hannibal Lecter figure, but $280 is just too much, especially when I feel like the figure has several shortcomings. My main issue is the way this release was split into two separate figures with limited options for display. The dolly version is kind of stuck in the dolly, the mast isn't accurate, and I don't like the smiley face as much as the neutral sculpt. I wish it had included the blue jumpsuit at least for extra posing options. The white suit version has my favorite sculpt, but IMO, the outfit is not as visually interesting as the dolly/mask outfit or the blue jump suit. It's very scene specific. The mask and dolly or blue jump suit would've made it a more complete set. I doubt BW will release a blue jumpsuit Hannibal, since there aren't many accessories left they can include. I guess my point is, just buying one figure feels incomplete, and the price is too much, imo. Having to buy two figures is way too expensive. :(

I really want to have a Hannibal Lecter figure, but $280 is just too much, especially when I feel like the figure has several shortcomings. My main issue is the way this release was split into two separate figures with limited options for display. The dolly version is kind of stuck in the dolly, the mast isn't accurate, and I don't like the smiley face as much as the neutral sculpt. I wish it had included the blue jumpsuit at least for extra posing options. The white suit version has my favorite sculpt, but IMO, the outfit is not as visually interesting as the dolly/mask outfit or the blue jump suit. It's very scene specific. The mask and dolly or blue jump suit would've made it a more complete set. I doubt BW will release a blue jumpsuit Hannibal, since there aren't many accessories left they can include. I guess my point is, just buying one figure feels incomplete, and the price is too much, imo. Having to buy two figures is way too expensive. :(

Well I only want the Dolly version, so we can split it...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Well kept my order with bigbadtoy for the strait jacket version and put my order in with Sideshow for prison uniform, used my reward points and got for 190.00 not bad. Will probably for sure get both sculpts repainted, hopefully that's all that it really needs done.

Well kept my order with bigbadtoy for the strait jacket version and put my order in with Sideshow for prison uniform, used my reward points and got for 190.00 not bad. Will probably for sure get both sculpts repainted, hopefully that's all that it really needs done.

I'm seriously considering picking up the prison version as well w SSC and RPs. I got a great deal on the SJ for 236 shipped so I'm already ahead price wise and using that partly as an excuse. :wink1:

Can't believe I'm saying this but I think a Lecter figure is a one time shot opportunity and because I believe the sculpts were switched from their original purpose. I.e., the smirk sculpt is clearly meant for a billy club pose and the static pose would have served better with mask. So, rather than hunting down loose pieces and the time and hassle to change outfits to achieve one pose when I can just switch heads with both and have both figures displayed seems to make more sense to me now.

You can switch the heads easily but I have to say I think the heads were intended to be associated with the figures they came on. Hannibal was completely stoic while smashing the officer with the billy club. The inaccurate thing is that his face was already covered in blood after biting him. A second bloody head would have been appreciated

You can switch the heads easily but I have to say I think the heads were intended to be associated with the figures they came on. Hannibal was completely stoic while smashing the officer with the billy club. The inaccurate thing is that his face was already covered in blood after biting him. A second bloody head would have been appreciated
Ray, but there is no problem to use heads on other HT clone etc.bodies?Nothing special about neck hole?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

Re: Blitzway 1/6 Scale Hannibal Lecter

Looks like even eye repaint gives a lot! Screenshot_20190102-103555.jpeg

So is this a full re-paint or just the eyes Gido?--oops my bad (must learn to properly read...lol) this is a full repaint. It is amazing!

Just the eyes and hairline, probably the most obvious things in need ( except the bald spot) but I plan to totally redo mine from scratch and I aim to make it the most accurate and best paint we have seen of the sculpt yet ( not saying I’m as good as Yelim by a mile but I do agree she made the proptype look a bit too much like Hannibal or red dragon.

Really nice repaint,very tempting just recieved dolly version and really pleased anybody on the fence its an amazing figure and the paint job is great alot better then i expected, the i am toys review is how it looks in hand,the other pics and vids are misleading to put it kindly.

So is this a full re-paint or just the eyes Gido?--oops my bad (must learn to properly read...lol) this is a full repaint. It is amazing!
Yelim have wrote in Insta , it's just eyes and hairline repainted.
But you need to ask lucky owner, not me )

The tweaks are indeed awesome but it’s still got that awkward rubbery orange look of the production head . Not Yelim a fault but I wish the owner had asked her to go all the way. I understand from a cost perspective though she rightfully charges a fortune.

If I was the owner of the Yelim tweak up there at the very least I’d hit the head wirh a tamiya dull coat... that should help it.

I got weak at the knees and went all in on both sets

And now got to find a good painter .hope Ray
will do my heads :)

I think The Headsculpts, chair, fat suit body, interchangeable hands
are worth the price of admissions alone ...

Back