Blitzway: Men in Black International

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the equivalent of if when they announced the Ghostbusters license in 2016, it was for the 2016 film instead.

I really do think this film is going to be a flop. I don’t think anyone wants to see a reunion of Thor and Valkyrie pretending to be MiB agents, hinting that they know each other already from somewhere.

This is the equivalent of if when they announced the Ghostbusters license in 2016, it was for the 2016 film instead.

I really do think this film is going to be a flop. I don’t think anyone wants to see a reunion of Thor and Valkyrie pretending to be MiB agents, hinting that they know each other already from somewhere.

Soldier Story kind of did that. They announced a Venkman and Egon figure but also one of the new characters. So totally different I guess. Maybe Blitzway should have gone this route.

I think the biggest thing working against MIB as a franchise is that it was originally based around that star power dynamic of Jones and Smith. I think the world building potential is there, but there needs to be storytelling over gimmicks, and the trailer felt like nothing but a gimmick and "look at Thor and Valkyrie team up again!" crap. I like both Hemsworth and Thompson as actors, but even their casting feels gimmicky.

I actually loved the animated series a lot, even though the voice actors were different, so those characters lasted for me beyond Smith and Jones. Alpha on the series was a movie trilogy worthy villain to me. I honestly would've rather seen a J and K reboot from the ground up than this movie.

I was a HUGE MIB fan when it came out, and I enjoyed MIB3....I've never had any feelings beyond "meh" since International was announced.

The figures.... I'm guessing Blitzway only has the rights for this movie....

Last edited:
I think it would have felt tired and played out even with J and K in there again. It was only the time travel gimmick that made the third movie feel remotely fresh and interesting, and that was 7 years ago.

I would assume that the license holder has something to do with it. They want some "promo" for their new movie.

I gotta say I do love my 1/4 scale HCG set of the original.
I agree with most people happy to get the originals in 1/6 but not the new movie.

Back