Blitzway - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure - 1/6 scale Bill & Ted

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one of those occasions where I think it's just plain bad marketing to not make and release both figures at once, or at least show Bill as definitively being in the works as well, even if he is to be released a bit later and may not be finished yet. Because I just think a lot of people who are interested in this are likely to hold off on buying Ted until they see whether Bill is being made as well, not wanting one without the other, but if Ted doesn't sell well then Blitzway may interpret that instead as a sign that Bill would sell even worse as the less famous of the two (actor wise), and so not bother doing him. People don't buy Ted because there's no Bill, and Bill doesn't get made because people didn't buy Ted. A sales catch 22.

It's like just making Laurel without showing Hardy, or Sherlock without Watson, some characters are just so entwined together that many potential buyers aren't going to be tempted unless they are confident that they will indeed get both, because half of a famous duo or partnership will always look and feel incomplete on the shelf. Especially in a busy marketplace where there's always other products calling out for people's collecting dollar.

Blitzway released Tyler Durden but no narrator. So there's a precedent.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Tyler Durden IS the Narrator.
tumblr_mzsfu8tbXR1rrkahjo4_250.gif

Blitzway also released a Dr pack of the Ghostbusters too so they’re not scared of focusing on the more popular characters

They could just be holding him back to reveal next week at the ACGHK convention...

In which case they could have allayed any such fears by simply having a "Bill S. Preston, ESQ. coming soon" card displayed alongside Ted, and start building excitement for that eventual reveal, rather than sewing a seed of doubt in fans that they might not get one. :dunno

Yeah just saying he was a WIP makes sense from a marketing perspective.

But these toy companies have very weird way of doing business.

I have also heard in the past the actor that lays Bill is a bit weird .....so maybe like Crispen Glover , they cant get him to sign off...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Also messaged thru FB we NEED RUFUS/Carlin with Phone booth and bill hope we see them both in Time. Hopefully these were asked during comic con and Blitzway, see's & hear's our prayer's for them.

Last edited:
I've also asked Alex Winter on Instagram. Straight to the source since I doubt likeness rights were included in the contract.

I don't believe Alex Winters is opposed to signing off on his likeness. NECA got his rights when they put out their Bill and Ted set a few years back.

Love to have vampire's only gang and star but David & mikey in full vamp modes or 2 reg heads n and vamp heads i'd be ty happy with. A feldman would be cool but only goonies or gremlins. A Goonies line way overdue along with movie sequel if it ncould be done well.

I imagine Alex Winter is having to accept merchandising rights for the new movie so it should be too difficult to obtain for the older ones.

THe 5ing s time these are too expensive to buy on the off chance and as stated one is not enough. NEed to have both.

Back