Blitzway Basic Instinct 1/4 Sharon Stone Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway Basic Instinct figures.

I think it is a challenge for Blitzway, and a very difficult one.

Catherine was Stone at her most attractive moment, IMHO, and the sculpt should be a masterpiece for this franchise to have success. Otherwise it won't be taken seriously.

Well most of you aren't taking it seriously already lol

Pretty tough.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have a shelf in my collection that is movies from the 80s theme based.

Indiana Jones
E.T.
Back to the future
Batman (and Joker)
and Star wars (a stormtrooper)

I can see anyone having a movies from the 90s themed section of his or her collection and including this.

Basic Instinct
Jurassic Park
Forrest Gump
Silence of the lambs
Matrix

for example.

I just can't imagine who is going to want to buy these.

What a naked Sharon Stone blood soaked wielding an ice pick? I'm in. My Sideshow Pam Voorhees want's a gal pal on the shelf.

Sharon was so smoking hot during that era.

Well... an anatomically correct figure would be a selling point.... I mean... lets be honest, when it comes down to it, they are dolls at the end of the day am I right?

There are some pretty good jointless female bodies as options as well.

Well... an anatomically correct figure would be a selling point.... I mean... lets be honest, when it comes down to it, they are dolls at the end of the day am I right?

If Molecule8 made her she would love you back as well. :lol

large.gif

Hopefully this is next. I'm picturing the detolf now.

This was probably a cheap license and they wanna keep all their GB money......

But if they make more than 500 of then and charge over 200.00 thye are gonna loose cash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I honestly don't see this as being any different than making something like a Patrick Bateman or Tyler Durden or Marilyn Monroe or an Elvira figure, or anything that is basically an ordinary looking person in regular, albeit sometimes stylish, clothes.

The idea that you should only make figures based on characters from certain genres, while other characters from equally popular and successful films and genres should be ignored just as a matter of course has always struck me as an odd kind of bias. Not to mention a potential hole in the market open to exploitation for any companies brave enough to take a chance, and make some bold and cleverly calculated chances. And that is what Blitzway seem to be doing here, and I applaud them for their boldness, and hope it pays off for them.

And given that she's an iconic femme fatale with a distinctive and memorable look from a popular film that everyone remembers, I wouldn't be at all surprised if this does a lot better than people are expecting, despite all the jokes. Particularly when it might appeal across the collecting gender divide and outside traditional collecting circles, as well (of course it might not, too. but you don't know until you try). Also, as any given day in the various custom forums and boards should tell you, there's a sizeable demand for a great many characters who are traditionally unlikely to be officially licensed out there, and seemingly that demand for that wider range of characters only ever seems to grow.

Hell, if the sculpt and outfit look great, and the price is reasonable, I might even consider getting this myself. But regardless, I'm happy to see a company forging new ground and thinking outside the box...err, so to speak.

I can't really disagree with that. Collectors do go after all kinds of characters from all kinds of films. Though, I don't recall ever seeing a collector ask for or push for such a figure, even in the custom section where I've seen hundreds of figure ideas discussed. So, to be successful, I think this will need to appeal to folks who aren't typically posting here. Maybe there is a lot of interest in such a thing in Asia? Outside the box thinking can be a double edged sword. I don't want companies going the Hot Toys route with their 500 Iron Men quota a year, but if it's too niche then A) it won't appeal to me personally; and B) it won't sell very well in general, which will affect our ability to get good figures of any type down the road. I would echo preferences for Die Hard, Lethal Weapon, and other action films. If they go the drama route, I would prefer something from films that are more sci-fi, that are genuinely classic, or are from "cult" movies.

Cliff Notes :: Ex-Parrot has ordered his sharon stone doll and $3500 fullmetal chair.

67e40ea35e9090ba5822231db5674e21.jpg

I want Dennis Hopper as Frank Booth from Blue Velvet with gas mask and whippet tank. I love Sharon Stone, even more so in the roll EF posted a pick of above but I am not going to get her no matter how awesome her pet beaver comes out.

I honestly couldn't care less about this licence but good luck to those that are interested. Hopefully the figures turn out as good as the TD and Ghostbusters sets.

I can see the argument for figures outside the usual sci-fi, fantasy, super hero genres but my reservation would be the levels of demand for those other genres. HT figures in regular civilian clothing don't seem to sell well compared to the rest. Robots, superheroes costumes, armour or whatever just have more shelf presence.

Back