Blitzway 1/6 Scale Tyler Durden Ultimate Masterpiece Figures from Fight Club

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm... lens distortion or production head shrinkage?

Judging by the ears and nose (the furthest and closest elements) and Blitzway's previous releases/track record, almost certainly lens distortion. The paint is weaker than the proto (shocker) and better pics are needed but I think some are chicken-little'ing, as per the usual.

Looks like one and the same sculpt but the production paint has really detracted from the likeness. Damn shame.

Exactly. I didn't think for one second that it was a different sculpt, but the paint apps have destroyed that sculpt. It's so soft and all the details have been washed out of it.

Yeah, that's where I grabbed it from... First time I'd seen it face on like that... I still can't quite get my head around what the hell has happened. KA Kim's sculpt was absolutely beautiful and was what got all of us to purchase this figure and get excited for it. The end result is something that looks nothing like hers... It's almost like it was resculpted or something... I still can't explain what has happened, kinda tragic lol

This reminds me of when a movie studio gets final cut on a film and the director disavows it and removes his or her name forcing the studio to credit the film as being directed by the generic pseudonym "Alan Smithee." Maybe the one thing that will come out of this is that toy makers will create a generic sculptor name allowing sculptors to disavow having been responsible for beautiful sculpts that were destroyed by cheap and lazy production. If we are all upset by these pictures I can only imagine that it is only a fraction of the disappointment being felt by poor K.A. Kim today. I am sure that she would love to remove her name and have that awful head sculpt credited to a fictitious sculptor. This new practice will be Blitway's lasting contribution to the 1/6 scale figure industry and we will all remember where it started.

poster%u00252Breal.jpg

This is a blow to the rep of BW that many thought were climbing the ladder. From these pics this does look like SSC production. And this has spilled into the Ghostbusters thread too where it's like the Great Depression stock sell off.

Judging by the ears and nose (the furthest and closest elements) and Blitzway's previous releases/track record, almost certainly lens distortion. The paint is weaker than the proto (shocker) and better pics are needed but I think some are chicken-little'ing, as per the usual.

Yeah, extreme close-up photos of 1/6 scale heads usually don't look very good. I presume that's partly why figures can come off as better-looking when in-hand. I mean, I typically don't have my figures right up next to my face when I'm looking at them on the shelf, but Blitzway's prototype pictures certainly show what's possible regardless of how close you are.

The pictures are underwhelming, but I guess I'll be one of the few who doesn't cancel.

Yeah this panic is pretty funny....those are bad pics, not a bad sculpt....look at the video....

This reminds me of when a movie studio gets final cut on a film and the director disavows it and removes his or her name forcing the studio to credit the film as being directed by the generic pseudonym "Alan Smithee." Maybe the one thing that will come out of this is that toy makers will create a generic sculptor name allowing sculptors to disavow having been responsible for beautiful sculpts that were destroyed by cheap and lazy production. If we are all upset by these pictures I can only imagine that it is only a fraction of the disappointment being felt by poor K.A. Kim today. I am sure that she would love to remove her name and have that awful head sculpt credited to a fictitious sculptor. This new practice will be Blitway's lasting contribution to the 1/6 scale figure industry and we will all remember where it started.

Yeah man, I feel real bad for her... Can you imagine? She created something absolutely beautiful that got the entire community excited, and also served to massively boost Blitzway's reputation. If the final product is as bad as it looks (and I really do think it will be - lighting can't hide the problems on this sucker), then she has every right to be upset. As someone else said, the final product has nothing to do with her - blame poor production standards and cost cutting by the looks of it.

One things for certain, a reputation can be built up relatively quickly with the hype they got around this and the Ghostbusters set, but it can be ruined even quicker when a horrible bait and switch like this happens. I have zero confidence in the Ghostbusters set now... Might just take the hit on the NRD now for peace of mind, and to show Blitzway that they need to change their ways after this.

Just saw these pics - what a disaster! So glad I kept my iminime custom.

Several people either tried to sell or sold their Iminime Tyler looking to get a better figure for 1/2 the cost. I wonder if it will work out for them?

^^^ are these the Blitzway ones? from that much distance i guess it looks like the craftone one. the red jacket one is barely anything to talk about but can do with some fuzing and has some linkeness going on, the skin head is also juts like craftone.

^^^ are these the Blitzway ones? from that much distance i guess it looks like the craftone one. the red jacket one is barely anything to talk about and the skin head is also juts like craftone.

Yes, the ones above are from Blitzway, pulled from that dudes Instagram page where he has the boxes for both of them that say Blitzway on them. The sad thing is that from a distance like that they kinda look "OK" as in average... It's not till you get up close and look at the facial details (or lack of) that you realize just how poor they have come out in final production.

TNS just posted a video on Facebook in HD. Looks a lot better than all the pics going around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As always some detail is lost compared to proto, but it looks pretty great to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back