Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was earlier speculation of a second run about the time the ECTO-1 is released, but that was speculation as far as we know. There is no apparent edition size, so they could certainly release another run if it makes sense for their business model.

Blitzway has made their money. Making more sounds like a great idea, but making more opens up more problems. Having to deal with defects and replacement parts sounds like a headache. I like that they made a run and you either got them or not. If they make more good if they don't that's good too. I don't think Blitzway has the same resources as Hot Toys.

I honestly believe HT has this figured out...they are rereleasing new versions of some of the most inflated figures they made to capture that eBay money.

It’s probably worth their while to produce more and and capture the sales eBay is now enjoying.

The question is how much should you produce? What’s the cost of production?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly! Yes Blitzway may not run more- cost of starting up production line and just how many should they produce? Might not be worth it for them. MOST people have theirs now who wanted these from day one so how many more can they sell to those who missed out? I doubt nowhere near the initial amount made.

There was earlier speculation of a second run about the time the ECTO-1 is released, but that was speculation as far as we know. There is no apparent edition size, so they could certainly release another run if it makes sense for their business model.

I think they would have their hands full just trying to get the car out with no QC issues without adding another run of four figures on top of that.

I think they would have their hands full just trying to get the car out with no QC issues without adding another run of four figures on top of that.

Agree. I think their efforts will be concentrated on that.

I want SS to release theirs for the what look to be, better 1/6 scale proton packs.

I finally picked up batteries and fortunately the packs all work. A bit of a tedious process, the Egon pack was stuck on particularly tight. Silly that no batteries were included for testing purposes.

I have the four pack but got an extra Ray from a member on here.
I have to say in hand these are amazing- really really top quality- the HS's are superb and beautiful and look better than 90% of the pics I 've seen on here. The delicate detailing and paint aps on the accessories are just beautiful. If you are on the fence leap to get these before prices are unapproachable. BW has done a sterling job- these are just amazing!

Opened my 4 pack today. Nothing wrong as far as I could see! Sturdy, quality control across the board for my pack. The antenna on the radios were very delicate! I broke Winston's. Glued back on fine but be SUPER SUPER careful. I was when I read that on here and still broke one. The other thing I did not read on here but may well be (it's a busy thread) was that putting the stand together for Slimer, be careful with that as well. The base the post goes into will crack it you push too hard! I stopped just when I heard something and mine is fine though it looks a little cracked to me. I guess sometimes that's the trade off for getting so much great detail.

It seems like they severely underproduced for the demand if there are, in fact, no more big upcoming batches hitting retailers. You can still find the Fight Club figures online for retail, so it seems a little strange.

It's an art to make sure you produce the proper amount of figures.

I was somewhat concerned about paying $900 for a figure set, only to have them made widely available and on deep discount like Durden was. That would've pissed me off to pay $900 only to see that same set for $800, a few months later. It's still too early to tell.

Having said all that, they couldn't have "underproduced" when they were on pre-order for a year and anyone who wanted a set could order it. Hell, I waited until they were about to hit the States before I placed my "pre-order", though that was back in June when we thought they were arriving soon.

They took so long because demand was higher than they anticipated. They made exactly the amount they needed to satisfy the existing demand.

That's the risk you run if you want to play 'wait and see'.

Blitzway definitely threaded that needle quite well if they are done producing this set.

I lost this time with the wait-and-see game. Most of the time patience does pay off and I've been able to save $30-50 per figure holding out. But the occasional loss is inevitable. Too bad it had to be Ghostbusters. Would have liked these guys on my shelf. Terrific set.

Maybe I can get two if Soldier Story ever pans out. That will send Blitzway's Ray through the roof price-wise.

Both the 3 pack and 4 pack are still available for purchase through Japanese retailers if anyone really wants the set and is willing to pay the shipping.

They still have the four pack and individuals for sale from the seller I'm using here in the UK. UKTOYZ.

well received my pack of 4 blitzway, I removed all walkie talkies, and a little arrange the belts to be more accurate, no problem when opening my pack, after careful verification. For the exhibition I used a poster "skies purple" found on allposter.com of New York before WTC 2001, and also used the Stay Puft of Diamond select that i energetically rubbed with bleach to remove him all the blue reflections. Really very happy with the figures since the time I dreamed!

Not sure if you’ve purchased from Popcultcha, but they still have the singles and packs listed. I’d hate for you to miss out!

They still have the four pack and individuals for sale from the seller I'm using here in the UK. UKTOYZ.

Thanks guys, unfortunately the conversions are very high ($320 each in UK before shipping). Likely if no singles show up in the next few months I'll be looking ebay for pre-owned at retail.

Both the 3 pack and 4 pack are still available for purchase through Japanese retailers if anyone really wants the set and is willing to pay the shipping.

Which ones? Is the shipping crazy?

That's a bummer you weren't able to snare them, Wor.

Like you said, even though the wait and see game can save you a lot of money, it can also end up biting you in the ass in the end. It certainly is a gamble. I gamble as well, but I sort of do it the opposite: if it's a figure that I absolutely know I want to have, no if ands or buts, or I know that I'll probably end up wanting it at some point down the line, I PO it at retail because it's worth retail to me to ensure that it gets on my shelf. If it ends up curtaling in price on the secondary, I don't regret it because it was worth retail to me in order to get it on the shelf. If it's a figure that I'd like to have but I could probably live without in my collection, then I play the wait and see game because I'd like to have it, but it's not really worth that much to me to pull the trigger on at retail. If it comes down in price, then I'll pull the trigger. If it raises on the secondary, then no big deal because I can live without it in my collection.

Well, I waited till now to open up Egon. Sadly his pack has a bit of a short. Won't turn on with smashing the battery compartment really hard. I've contacted timewalker to see what can be done.
Damn. I just got my batteries in the mail the other day, so I need to test these out.

Sorry if folks didn't get these, but you can't sleep on something like this! I can't imagine anyone who is a big fan of the film really wanting to sell, all things considered (great all time film, really well done figures by and large, little to no chance we get someone else doing these, at least all 4 of them). So, I wouldn't expect supply on the secondary market to be very high. This ain't the newest Star Wars, Marvel, or DC film that people will get excited about for a couple months then forget about 6 months later when a newer sequel in the franchise appears to replace it.

Damn. I just got my batteries in the mail the other day, so I need to test these out.

Sorry if folks didn't get these, but you can't sleep on something like this! I can't imagine anyone who is a big fan of the film really wanting to sell, all things considered (great all time film, really well done figures by and large, little to no chance we get someone else doing these, at least all 4 of them). So, I wouldn't expect supply on the secondary market to be very high. This ain't the newest Star Wars, Marvel, or DC film that people will get excited about for a couple months then forget about 6 months later when a newer sequel in the franchise appears to replace it.

Yep, my sentiments as well.

You could often times afford to wait on Marvel and DC figures, as they release a 2.0 version essentially every year. Classic stuff though, you really can't afford (literally) to sleep on most of the time; especially when it's a one off character or a franchise that likely nobody else is going to do for a long time.

Back