Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dumb question but why the price hike?
Secret compass has Venkman but it rose to almost 3 bills! (orig 214.00)

Damn. I just got my batteries in the mail the other day, so I need to test these out.

Sorry if folks didn't get these, but you can't sleep on something like this! I can't imagine anyone who is a big fan of the film really wanting to sell, all things considered (great all time film, really well done figures by and large, little to no chance we get someone else doing these, at least all 4 of them). So, I wouldn't expect supply on the secondary market to be very high. This ain't the newest Star Wars, Marvel, or DC film that people will get excited about for a couple months then forget about 6 months later when a newer sequel in the franchise appears to replace it.

Well said! In a nutshell that is the real answer

Yep. This was a set I preordered as soon as they went up at Popcultcha. It was a bit nerve-wracking to put a deposit down on 3 figures in one go, but I didn’t want to miss out. I was actually grateful for the delays so the payments got stretched out and didn’t hurt too much. I hope people are able to pick these up. Totally sucks that the prices are being hiked. Do “non-collectors” snap these up, only to flip them at stupid prices on eBay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pre-ordered these right away because I thought the price was right. Too bad I can't say the same about the Ecto.

Yep. This was a set I preordered as soon as they went up at Popcultcha. It was a bit nerve-wracking to put a deposit down on 3 figures in one go, but I didn’t want to miss out. I was actually grateful for the delays so the payments got stretched out and didn’t hurt too much. I hope people are able to pick these up. Totally sucks that the prices are being hiked. Do “non-collectors” snap these up, only to flip them at stupid prices on eBay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

most likely...

In Japan, Amazon has them. For preorder the price was consistently about ¥151,000 ($1362). I wasn’t about to pay that so I waited them out until they hit ¥101,000 ($911). It eventually went down to ¥99,000 and is now back up around ¥117,000 ($1055) last time I checked.

Amazon usually ships at a reasonable price so if you haven’t gotten them and really want them, Amazon might be a decent option.

That being said, I know Amazon Japan has started to scale back on the amount of collectibles it ships outside the country, particularly Hot Toys figures and such.

Amazon Japan was giving discounted shipping to the United States on some items, and for awhile I was ordering Masterpiece Transformers from there. But they stopped doing that a couple of releases back, so now I have to pay more (but still less than U.S. retailers) to buy from intermediaries like HobbyLink Japan. I'm guessing this is applying to all kinds of collectibles.

I sort of do it the opposite: if it's a figure that I absolutely know I want to have, no if ands or buts, or I know that I'll probably end up wanting it at some point down the line, I PO it at retail because it's worth retail to me to ensure that it gets on my shelf. If it ends up curtaling in price on the secondary, I don't regret it because it was worth retail to me in order to get it on the shelf. If it's a figure that I'd like to have but I could probably live without in my collection, then I play the wait and see game because I'd like to have it, but it's not really worth that much to me to pull the trigger on at retail. If it comes down in price, then I'll pull the trigger. If it raises on the secondary, then no big deal because I can live without it in my collection.

Nope, that's the same game I play. Ghostbusters is something I would like to have but could live without so I was willing to take the risk. But yeah, this time it didn't pan out. Well, admittedly, its still early and another opportunity will likely open up in the coming months. Either pre-owned or Soldier Story if Blitzway's run has fully come to an end. I still have hope I'll be able to enjoy these guys at some point.

If Blitzway decided to go with Ghostbusters 2. They would probably stick Ray and Winston with the slime blower's and Egon and Peter suited with proton packs in the courthouse.

In Japan, Amazon has them. For preorder the price was consistently about ¥151,000 ($1362). I wasn’t about to pay that so I waited them out until they hit ¥101,000 ($911). It eventually went down to ¥99,000 and is now back up around ¥117,000 ($1055) last time I checked.

Well they have the singles starting at $500-$750 right now. :lol

If Blitzway did anything besides another run, they might do the three boys in their civilian dress. Not that exciting looking perhaps but they could include lots of fun extras.

I assume Blitzway must feel like their run was a success since there's nothing left.

Agreed...not alot of following for that- everyone considers it a big let down and downright botched film- well I did anyway

I did too. I watch the 1st film at least a several times a year and i have maybe watched the second one several times total since it originally came out on the big screen.

Agreed...not alot of following for that- everyone considers it a big let down and downright botched film- well I did anyway

Not necessarily so much that. GB2 definitely was not on the level of the first film, but I still enjoy it. I watched it routinely as a kid simply because it was Ghostbusters and the sequel film.

I think they won’t do GB2 simply because I don’t think the demand would be there. Even ardent GB fans I don’t think would pay $1600 in total to have two sets of the same team on the shelf. I’m certain some probably would, *cough* Rambler :lol, but I don’t think many would. The appeal of GB2 I think would only be the slime blower packs, and that’s obviously just Ray and Winston. Like someone also mentioned earlier, I think they’ll have their hands full enough with ECTO-1. Subsequent that, I think BW would probably move on to other licenses in attempting to make a name for themselves, rather than doing the same one again. HT has already made a name for themselves so they are able to do Marvel, DC and Star Wars over and over and over again and milking those franchises. Which I don’t blame them because they’re what’s hot right now.

And like you said, the film wasn’t as good as the first.

I’m certain some probably would, *cough* Alice :lol

I'm one of the few that likes GB2 just as much as the first. There are even some things about GB2 I prefer over the first film. That's part of the reason I'm not too upset by the Venkman and Stantz headsculpts looking a bit closer to their GB2 weights.

I have plans to work on a few GB2 accessories, including slime blowers and vests, for my set, since I also doubt Blitzway will ever even think about making anything from GB2.

I was actually going to list you as well, but wasn’t certain if you would acquire a second set if BW put it out. I know for certain Rambler is kitbashing an entire GB2 team, so I know he would. That’s why I only said him. :lol

I’m in the same camp though regarding GB2. It’s not as iconic nor good as its predecessor, but it’s far from being garbage and I still enjoy it. Also part of the reason for me as well why I’m not peeved about the Venkman and Stantz sculpts being sort of a mix of both films, since they likely won’t touch the sequel.

Back