Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just finished setting up my Venkman. This is my first Blitzway figure and I'm impressed. Although the head sculpt looks more like Brian Murray than Bill, the rest of the figure is excellent. The Ackroyd head sculpt is the best of the lot. Unfortunately I don't have room for all four. I would like to pick up a Slimer though. Anyone recommend a 1/6 replacement? I think Blitzway one will be in big demand and hard to get. Looking forward to Blitzway's Hannibal Lector next.

Murray Ghostbuster 1.jpgMurray Ghostbuster 2.jpgMurray Ghostbuster 3.jpg

My overall view of the figures is they're very good, sculpts are great even. Peter has more of a GB2 face than the original but that's not a big deal. The hands pop in and out easily with no breakage issues(thank god). There are some issues. A tiny piece of Peter's pack was off in the package when I opened it(it kinda looked like a screwdriver. In fact, I thought it WAS one until I opened Egon and saw it intact on his pack). But it was barely noticeable. Also, Peter's proton stream didn't go on as easily as Egon's did. Egon was fine but I did have a minor issue with the glasses and getting them adjusted. They don't really sit behind his ears properly on mine and seem more like they're being held on by his nose somehow. My biggest quibble is those stands. WTF were those about? It took me longer to put that first stand together than to do anything with the actual figures. The second stand was quicker as I got the gist of it but still, that was needlessly complicated compared to every other figure stand on the market. I'm probably gonna go fidget with them some more shortly. They're worth it but yeah, be careful with them.

Yeah I put my stand together and promptly decided it wasn't worth using. Too flimsy and not all that attractive anyway. And the characters always hunched over a bit anyway with the packs on, so there's not really a balance problem when you just use a regular crotch stand.

At the moment Robbiethepainter and DaveJames are leading the pack with their Venkman futzing/ photos, but it's an outstanding field!

Robbie, did you say you dyed the jumpsuit to make it greyer?

These photos look awesome freaks.

Put some work into my Venkman today. Three more to go. Hope you freaks are having a great weekend.

Venkman3.jpg
Venkman2.jpg

SUCH an amazing set of figures. So far, my defects have been a pinched/cut wire in Egon's proton pack. Also have a spring in Egon's left shoulder preventing the arm from resting all the way on his side. Thankfully I was able to pull apart the pack and solder the wires back together to get the power cell's blue light flashing again. I nearly died when I put in the batteries for the first time, and all I had was the red cyclotron lights. :gah:

Also, check this out. Ray's name patch was stitched on upside down. I'm waiting to see if the vendor will help make this right. Otherwise, I'm going to have to try fixing this too.

Love the set, though! No regrets in buying these at all. I love em so much I went ahead and pulled the trigger on pre-ordering Ecto-1.

View attachment 381888

That’s the rare “variant” with upside down logo! It will be worth millions!!!
Just like Long saber POTF Luke!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SUCH an amazing set of figures. So far, my defects have been a pinched/cut wire in Egon's proton pack. Also have a spring in Egon's left shoulder preventing the arm from resting all the way on his side. Thankfully I was able to pull apart the pack and solder the wires back together to get the power cell's blue light flashing again. I nearly died when I put in the batteries for the first time, and all I had was the red cyclotron lights. :gah:

Also, check this out. Ray's name patch was stitched on upside down. I'm waiting to see if the vendor will help make this right. Otherwise, I'm going to have to try fixing this too.

Love the set, though! No regrets in buying these at all. I love em so much I went ahead and pulled the trigger on pre-ordering Ecto-1.

View attachment 381888

Defect of the year thus far.

View attachment 381888

According to that name tag it looks like you got the Russian variant of comrade Ray, lol.

I’m enjoying seeing the futzing on Venkman. I think a simple pull on the neck plug, slumping the shoulders, and lowering the belt will do the trick for me. If my 3-pack ever arrives. ******* UPS and three straight days of my expected delivery getting delayed because of “inclement weather conditions.” Gah.

Would love to see some pics with some proper futzing on Ray. Something about his suit looks the most doll-like in pretty much every picture I see of them, like it’s too big and puffy for his body or something.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At the moment Robbiethepainter and DaveJames are leading the pack with their Venkman futzing/ photos, but it's an outstanding field!

Robbie, did you say you dyed the jumpsuit to make it greyer?

Sort of. I used heavily water down paint instead of dye. I have more control than dying. I have since done more but I'll wait till finished before shooting new pictures.

So I finally installed one of my stands this morning..and it was really damn easy! lol - totally NOTHING like that reviewer on YouTube that advised using gloves. Perhaps my rheumatoid arthritic hands actually helped and came in handy for once! But unfortunately, everyone was right about the stands being complete sh it. I definitely need to tighten the screws up on that support piece. I really want to use them - but I don't know if I could let them out of my site with the fear they could topple over at any time. I mean the crotch grabber doesn't stick out nearly as much as it should to support the figures crotches lol.

On a side note, while waiting for these guys to hit shores Down Under, I picked up this awesome book.
ecto manual.jpg
And since I can only dream of the 1/6 Ecto-1, this fills the shelf nicely with my 1:24 model kit too.
**Trigger warning*** it does have a section on the 2016 film, so if you have strong feelings towards it, best avoid.

Popped open Winston first. I'm loving the portrait. He looks like a stone cold bad ass like he's supposed to be. Going to take my time with these guys but I'll probably go with Peter next.
3549909fd8f9731db4d303c268b130dc.jpg
76c7307439005e88472df60e176aa167.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

View attachment 381888
“Come in ZINVIS... He’s right here- he’s looking at me.”

gb16.jpg
vs. The Hulk! lol
gb18.jpg
vs. A filmation GB villain
gb19.jpg
vs. My son's toy vaccum!(he insisted on this one)

gb20.jpg
gb23.jpg
gb22.jpg

My son loves them. We had a big fun photo shoot with them last night. I let him pick out most of their shot targets. He's a little down that I don't have Winston(who he says is his favorite lol.) but I told him I'll correct that one day hopefully. He also wants me to somehow find a stay putft marshmellow man but I don't see that being possible in this scale.

Man I haven't got mine yet but even seeing the fragile things scare the hell out of me! :rotfl

I noticed that Slimer actually comes with his own box in the 3 pack but not the 4 pack :lecture

Back