Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

He does, but he's quite a different (and inferior imo) design from GB1.

BTW, your GB review is probably the best 1/6 review video I've ever seen. And watched it in 4k on a hi-res Retina iMac - it felt like the figures were in-hand in front of you and you could touch them. Weird.:lol
Thanks man. I’m glad you enjoyed it. Lol.
Yeah, Blitzway's Slimer is about 1/12 scale (6" scale). Slimer was puppeted with adult human arms/hands. So this figure should have the exact same sized arms as the other figures. Considering I didn't buy any of the multi packs, I'm just going to be using my Diamond Select one. Of course it's too small as well (and kinda goofy looking), but at least it's arms are more in scale lol.
I have that slimer too. Love the interchangeable hot dogs mouth faceplate though.
Great review :hi5: I'm not to keen on the articulation of the legs, whey does the knee stop halfway :pfft: Also when you were posing the arms of Venkman, they seemed to be loose. Is the outfit hard to remove..maybe a TT swap would look better for this figure.

Yeah the clothes definitely restrict movement. And I thought a felt a fat suit underneath, however it’s on the “thinner side” if that makes any sense. If anyone has the Threezero Heisenberg, you know what I’m talking about. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, Blitzway's Slimer is about 1/12 scale (6" scale). Slimer was puppeted with adult human arms/hands. So this figure should have the exact same sized arms as the other figures. Considering I didn't buy any of the multi packs, I'm just going to be using my Diamond Select one. Of course it's too small as well (and kinda goofy looking), but at least it's arms are more in scale lol.

The costume hands were actually a bit larger than human hands, and even things like the hot dogs seen in his mouth were almost 2X scale because his head was huge. Makes it really hard to judge scale, but yeah - having his hands be the same as regular 1/6 human hands is probably about right.

shells075 said:
.. and Stay Puft, imagine him in 1/6 :panic: Eat your heart out Hulkbuster.

We need a Stay Puft vs Hulkbuster dance off.

He looks to be a bit behind the table, but he does appear smaller in that ballroom scene than in other scenes.

His scale does vary somewhat scene to scene - and its confusing because the Slimer puppet was larger than human scale (ie his hands and head were quite a bit larger than human's) so there are many making-of pics of him next to people that make him appear larger than he is onscreen.

Probably the most clear scale reference is when he's eating from the plate in the hotel and in the hot dog stand. That would make the BW Slimer a bit underscale. I wish BW would have made him maybe 20% bigger than what they did.

Yup, I used the average size of a hotel service cart in reference to Slimer to get the measurements for my custom. He's around two foot tall on film, give or take. The costume/puppet was easily three.

Hey dude, no the traps don’t light up. It’s just a compartment that houses the spring for the handle that you push down which pops open the trap.

Slimeer could be a tad undersized, however when you get him in hand he looks incredible. So I don’t think it will bother most folks in the end.

And as for Egan’s glasses, they are kind of flimsy, as they are made out of some thin plastics. They slide on and off the face very easily though.

Thank you everyone for the compliments and support. Sorry if I missed any other questions.

As for the stands, it’s really a shame that Blitzway continues to use them, because the actual crotch hugger portion which has to slide up the back of the stand hits the proton packs, so you have to make sure it slides in between the back of the proton pack and the figures lower back. It’s a pain in the ass, and restricts articulation even more. And it wobbles all over the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got round to watching your review, wanted to see it on the TV in 4K rather than this much smaller monitor in 1080. Re-watched the part with the proton packs all lit up a couple of times, they are just that awesome! Love your child like enthusiasm for these guys :lol thought you did well not to curse after we've waited decades for a Ghostbusters set this good.

The detail on all the accessories looks especially impressive. Better than some of Hot Toys recent efforts and that's not to say they've been bad by any means.

I was just wondering if they are able to stand very well unsupported while wearing the proton packs or will a stand be required at all times?

No, the ones you're talking about is from a different company, Soldier Story. The stands that come with those two (I think only Peter & Egon are coming out) are incredible!

Yeah but the figures are pretty bad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Im on the waitlist because I didn't have the funds then. Teaching middle school just doesn't bring in the big bucks.:dunno
Fingers crossed!

You could sell a couple of the kids onto the black market. That should get you the 3pack at least...

They come with stands?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

Very nice review I Am Toys! :duff

The figures turned out great, Congrats to everyone that has these on order.

Oh my God. You went with Forbidden Planet?

Never, never, never, never, never pre order from Forbidden Planet (either of them). They are ****ing useless.

hahah great! Looks like I'm only getting Ray in that case!

Oh my God. You went with Forbidden Planet?

Never, never, never, never, never pre order from Forbidden Planet (either of them). They are ****ing useless.

haha indeedy this seems the case.

I've got another source which seems to have come through for a lot of people in Europe during the NECA 1/4 Turtle Debacle.

May get a refund from Forbidden Planet and go with them :pray:

This should have been an additional accessory for Egon.
download.jpg

IAmToys, loved your review, just finished it but I do have a question about Egon's glasses. Someone asked you earlier, if they're durable and you said they were a bit filmsy and easily slide on and off his face. But my question is, will they stay on during normal posing or do I need to take them off every time I move him around for fear his glasses will fly off and get lost? I kind of love all the various Sunglasses on my hot toys figures and never have issues with them or even on my Threezero Breaking Bad Heisenberg. Are they comparable in quality or are they much more fragile/cheap? As an Egon Enthusiast, this is a big deal for me.

Heh. Egon Enthusiast. We have first world problems here lol.

Back