Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

I'm only getting Peter and Ray and skipping the other two guys.

AlQDMfA.gif

That's racist towards glasses - saying no to Egon!!!

giphy.gif

I was a bit torn on who to preorder from in the UK, I went with Forbidden planet in the end as no deposit is required and I can change my mind if need be :)

They only seem to have the 3 pack though so will buy Winston another time!

Will be grabbing Venkman. Love the stream effect accessory, but the gloves look a little weird. And why wouldn't they all come with a ghost trap? I guess the Matty one will have to do.

Really hope they do a Louis Tully.:pray: Though I guess this line may just be the four with the car and that's it.

The Slimer really doesn't look great at all to me - the sculpt is not even close to the best I've seen in 1/6 and he does look too small as others have said (though due to optical work on the ballroom scene, he does look a little smaller in places.)

Interesting to see the reported controversy about Winston being left out of the 3-pack. Ernie just can't seem to get a break with this franchise.

Anyone who buys anything they merely distribute is all kinds of crazy in my view, they mark up everything to ridiculous levels, and always have. I'm sure it's a big part of what has kept them afloat, but it's not exactly overly ethical...

But it's sold out through them so... :monkey3

Where is the best place in the uk for an order, my usual doesn't seem to have them forbidden planet and ToyHQ get poor reviews here :(
I've never had a problem with forbiddenplanet.com. prices aren't always the best and they are delayed sometimes but they pack the boxes very well and I've had good experience with returns when needed.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Hopefully they don't sell out at BBTS so I have a bit of time to save up $200 for the NRD. Ouch.
And hopefully they get delayed so I have more time to save up the remaining $695.99 + shipping... Ouch.
I just don't want to miss potentially the only high-end 1/6 scale official Ghostbusters figures we'll get.

Has anyone here dealt with Blitzway in the past? Is their QC good? This is my first time buying one of their products and I want to know what to expect before pulling the trigger.

Hopefully they don't sell out at BBTS so I have a bit of time to save up $200 for the NRD. Ouch.
And hopefully they get delayed so I have more time to save up the remaining $695.99 + shipping... Ouch.
I just don't want to miss potentially the only high-end 1/6 scale official Ghostbusters figures we'll get.

Has anyone here dealt with Blitzway in the past? Is their QC good? This is my first time buying one of their products and I want to know what to expect before pulling the trigger.

Don't hold out for BBTS...there are better deals out there

Well, it's a bit difficult to be certain, but going by their past efforts (Scarface and Carlito) there's nothing to be worried about. They were released a few years ago now though, so that may not be a 100% reliable measurement. However, their statue QC is outstanding, and if the Durdens we saw at SDCC were production samples, then you're in safe hands.

Don't hold out for BBTS...there are better deals out there

Do you know of any places in the U.S. that have the Special Pack without a deposit? I was going to pick BBTS since I wouldn't have to pay the remainder until it ships so I'd have some time to save.

I hate deposits. :lol

I get you. :lol

I haven't ordered from either of the FPs for a long time.

I have never used FP UK I have however used the other one, Well packaged but prices are just plain ridiculous (Apart from the Ghostbusters) which I think is a good price for over here.

Oh boy. Just stumbled into this thread and I can see I have about a million pages to catch up on. Are they on sale individually? Anyone got a tip for where to get just Venkman in the UK? I'll try reading but I don't think I've got the eyes for this kind of catch up anymore!

Will be grabbing Venkman. Love the stream effect accessory, but the gloves look a little weird. And why wouldn't they all come with a ghost trap? I guess the Matty one will have to do.

Really hope they do a Louis Tully.:pray: Though I guess this line may just be the four with the car and that's it.

The Slimer really doesn't look great at all to me - the sculpt is not even close to the best I've seen in 1/6 and he does look too small as others have said (though due to optical work on the ballroom scene, he does look a little smaller in places.)

Interesting to see the reported controversy about Winston being left out of the 3-pack. Ernie just can't seem to get a break with this franchise.
I was hoping for Gozer and maybe Zuul. Egon's and Ray's expressions both suggest the Gozer scene to me. It seemed odd that Blitzway would pick a sneering expression for Egon unless they were going for when he's firing is proton pack, which, if memory serves, only happens in the Slimer and Gozer scenes. He's usually either stoic or surprised. Maybe I'm reading into it too much. Given Blitzway's one-and-done approach to Carlito's Way and Fight Club, I'm really not expecting anything else after ECTO-1.

I've never had a problem with forbiddenplanet.com. prices aren't always the best and they are delayed sometimes but they pack the boxes very well and I've had good experience with returns when needed.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Done, little bit disappointed in myself for not waiting to get these from CDUK but I had to make sure I didn't miss out, here's hoping FP are good.

I get you. :lol

I haven't ordered from either of the FPs for a long time.

Me neither, and I don't intend to start again now.

I have never used FP UK I have however used the other one, Well packaged but prices are just plain ridiculous (Apart from the Ghostbusters) which I think is a good price for over here.

No way I'm paying £900 for something that is stateside for £650. Hopefully a retailer will bypass Blitzway's insistence on one UK supplier.

Ordered Venkman from BBTS only one i'm getting.

Well, it's a bit difficult to be certain, but going by their past efforts (Scarface and Carlito) there's nothing to be worried about. They were released a few years ago now though, so that may not be a 100% reliable measurement. However, their statue QC is outstanding, and if the Durdens we saw at SDCC were production samples, then you're in safe hands.

Thanks. Looking at some of their work, I feel a bit more relieved. I'm also saddened because it makes me want them more. :lol

I'd love to get all four but that near £900 UK price is probably too much for me right now. Spent a lot on the BVS and BTTF2 pre-order's with the hover DeLorean and Justice League figures on the horizon also. I'll get Venkman and Stantz from movie figures UK and try to pick up the other two sometime in the future.

Would all four fit on a single detolf shelf without looking too overcrowded?

I'm waiting for Animegami Store (UK) to put these up for pre-order, just emailed them and they told me their waiting for a response from the supplier.

I would highly recommend them, ordered many items before from them and always a great service.

Back