Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so glad I bought this set. Will always stay in my collection

I initially said I didn't need it then caved got the three pack and then had to hunt down winston. I agree wit hyou while they may not be perfect they are excellent and will likely never be done at this level again.

Wow, that's surprising to see. I was kinda wanting a Ray and Egon, but not sure if I'm prepared to suddenly spend $560 today (after you factor in KG's crazy high $72 shipping)...

It is cheaper to buy them individually - that?s what I ended up doing. Shipping comes to about $24 each. $48 for both instead of $72 - KGHobby ended up still shipping them together since I went ahead and picked up Peter, and Egon, missed Ray and Winston (which they had up for 2 days) - so off to evilbay to at least find Ray for now. I did hear back from Blitzway about a re-release, I was told through their FB messenger that they are not Re-Releasing them but they knew a large number of the figures were held back to be released at a later date. Wouldn?t that be the same thing?

Sorry for the ? Marks that appear but apparently through TapTalk every time I place an apostrophe a question mark appears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I?d imagine whatever stock has been held back will be released when the Ecto-1 is finally out. I think some Asian dealers are getting their hands on them now and why they are showing up with different dealers on eBay. Heck I remember figures after they originally were sold out at Sideshow, BBTS, Timewalker, and others showing up on Evilbay for $400+ a pop....now they are everywhere (besides Winston) for $260ish.

I sold my 4 pack kinda regret it but it took up too much space.
EBay in UK had a 10% off offer also seller had a 24 hour offer on So bought Venkman.

Saved ?25 ��

My sentiments as well.

When it comes to Winston, I initially POd the 3-pack because spending $675 sounded less dreadful than spending $900. So I figured that I’d start with at least having the original three and then if I wanted to add Winston, I could just go and get him individually on the secondary market and likely for cheaper than retail. As they got closer to release, I decided f-it because GB is one of my favorite films, so I went to PO him individually, but he was sold out most places. Soon after, I checked BBTS and it showed he was available for PO again after showing he was sold out, so I snared him, then it summarily showed he was sold out again, and stayed that way.

Received my Egon today from KG, and thought I'd take a few pics straight out of the box since it's been a while since anyone posted any in here. I can't say the expression works much better for me in hand, but it's something I can live with and of course the overall likeness is still really strong. Although the body is still a pain to work with so think I might switch him the the same COO body I used for Venkman, which will also give him that slightly leaner look.

And how the heck did they not include his stethoscope?? Guess I'm going to have to track down one of those too. :p

20190913_203220 (2).jpg

20190913_203638 (4).jpg

20190913_203005 (2).jpg

20190913_202346 (2).jpg

Damn skippy, these guys always make me smile.

Its really been understated what an achievement this set is.

They likenesses are pretty amazing, even with the quibbles people shoot at them, they are clearly who they are suppose to be.. Ray is spot on as well as Winston. Egon and Peter are definitely the actors, possible just not of that particular film.

Aside all that nitpicking, the suits, packs, and tons of accessories, makes this set, IMO, one of the greatest 1/6 releases since I began collecting.

Convince me otherwise......give me a figure set that beats these? On all levels?

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Received my Egon today from KG, and thought I'd take a few pics straight out of the box since it's been a while since anyone posted any in here. I can't say the expression works much better for me in hand, but it's something I can live with and of course the overall likeness is still really strong. Although the body is still a pain to work with so think I might switch him the the same COO body I used for Venkman, which will also give him that slightly leaner look.

And how the heck did they not include his stethoscope?? Guess I'm going to have to track down one of those too. :p

View attachment 466218

View attachment 466219

View attachment 466220

View attachment 466221

Great pics of Egon! Love the pose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They likenesses are pretty amazing, even with the quibbles people shoot at them, they are clearly who they are suppose to be.. Ray is spot on as well as Winston. Egon and Peter are definitely the actors, possible just not of that particular film.

Aside all that nitpicking, the suits, packs, and tons of accessories, makes this set, IMO, one of the greatest 1/6 releases since I began collecting.

Convince me otherwise......give me a figure set that beats these? On all levels?

Totally agree. It was a monumental release that we may not see again for a while. 4 ?Busters at once with a heap of accessories, great likenesses and light up features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah it's definitely an impressive feat, and will be even more so once the Ecto-1 arrives. :D

I'm very interested to see how the Ecto turns out and if it looks terrific I'm prepared to hit the purchase button immediately. I have concerns about it being the sort of project Blitzway has never tackled combined with the way higher than expected price tag.

I also have the hangup that the figures look terrific without the vehicle and that the Ecto is not really as iconic or as important to the plot as say the Delorean. Still, the Ecto is definitely a vehicle that immediately struck me as really cool and unforgettable decades later.

True, most of the iconic scenes in the movie don't involve the Ecto at all and it's not really necessary for a Ghostbusters display. But it's such a fun and memorable car that I just couldn't pass up up a chance to have a 1/6 version in my collection. Plus I'm a sucker for light-up features and this thing looks incredible with all the lights flashing on it. :D

I'm very interested to see how the Ecto turns out and if it looks terrific I'm prepared to hit the purchase button immediately. I have concerns about it being the sort of project Blitzway has never tackled combined with the way higher than expected price tag.

I also have the hangup that the figures look terrific without the vehicle and that the Ecto is not really as iconic or as important to the plot as say the Delorean. Still, the Ecto is definitely a vehicle that immediately struck me as really cool and unforgettable decades later.

I love the Ecto 1. It's my favorite movie car of all time, even more so than the Batmobile. The Ecto 1 isn't in the movie that much either, but for some reason it just became popular. Maybe it was the iconic design or the fact that it played a role in the popular Real GB cartoon, so a lot of people like me grew up watching the cartoon, but whatever the reason, I always felt like the car was the unofficial fifth member of the team. It had a name. :lol

I have no plans on getting the Blitzway version because of the price and the size, but I'm interested to see how it turns out. I have the Hot Wheels elite 1/18 scale diecast version and I love it. Recently I got the Playmobile Ecto 1 and Ecto 1a and they're fantastic for the price. Considering they're a children's toy, they are very film accurate and have lights and sound. The firehouse is also fantastic, for 35 dollars on Amazon. It looks great with the car. The Playmobil line in general is so great. I wonder if there's a thread here?

True, most of the iconic scenes in the movie don't involve the Ecto at all and it's not really necessary for a Ghostbusters display. But it's such a fun and memorable car that I just couldn't pass up up a chance to have a 1/6 version in my collection. Plus I'm a sucker for light-up features and this thing looks incredible with all the lights flashing on it. :D

Hopefully Blitzway realizes and cares that the lights and sound are vital to the fun and value in owning this and uses quality components that will last a long time. Would be a real buzzkill to have the electronics dead on arrival, or even worse die out a short time later.

View attachment 466218

View attachment 466219

View attachment 466220

View attachment 466221

Nice Egon pics!

Yeah, as a whole, the likenesses I think are strong. Each one has its own little shortcomings, but each one to me is unmistakable in who it is. I don’t see anyone else in them other than who it’s intended to be.

Hopefully Blitzway realizes and cares that the lights and sound are vital to the fun and value in owning this and uses quality components that will last a long time. Would be a real buzzkill to have the electronics dead on arrival, or even worse die out a short time later.

Yeah that's my biggest fear. There's an awful lot of lights and components in this thing that could potentially go bad in some way, with no easy way to replace them. And shipping the entire giant thing back for a replacement would be a massive pain as well.

Yeah, as a whole, the likenesses I think are strong. Each one has its own little shortcomings, but each one to me is unmistakable in who it is. I don’t see anyone else in them other than who it’s intended to be.

Agreed, they're all instantly identifiable, which isn't something you can always say about a HT sculpt where the likenesses can sometimes come across a bit bland and generic (ahem, John Wick and Obi-Wan).

So are there sites that are still selling any of the Ghostbusters for close to retail price? Can someone point me in the direction, please?

Back