Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got them with the Fight Club figs, and they have been no problem. Didn't need to wear gloves or spend too much time putting them together. Not sure how it will be with the proton packs though.

I loved the stand that came with Tyler Durden. If you position the posts right behind the legs then you can't see them. He looks like he's standing on his own. I haven't opened my Ghostbusters up yet. Getting ready to do that now.

So I just opened up my 4-Pack and, as I feared, they're all a little on the tall side. Just like Tyler.

Does Blitzway have their own sense of scale now or something?

My Venkman (without a stand) stands taller than most of my Hot Toys (which are on stands).

Update: Okay, Bill Murry is 6'2". That's 74 inches, divided by 6 equals 12.33 inches.
This figure is almost 12 and 6/8 inches tall. Sounds about right if you count his hair poofing up at the top and that fact that he's wearing his boots.

Maybe Blitway is taking 1/6 scale more seriously than Hot Toys.

So I just opened up my 4-Pack and, as I feared, they're all a little on the tall side. Just like Tyler.

Does Blitzway have their own sense of scale now or something?

My Venkman (without a stand) stands taller than most of my Hot Toys (which are on stands).

Update: Okay, Bill Murry is 6'2". That's 74 inches, divided by 6 equals 12.33 inches.
This figure is almost 12 and 6/8 inches tall. Sounds about right if you count his hair poofing up at the top and that fact that he's wearing his boots.

Hot toys are the ones that are out of scale. If HT made these they would not even have been in scale with each other.

This seems to be the consensus, as it was debated a few pages back. HT seems to be hit or miss with their figures being truly in 1/6 scale.

I wonder how these measure up in size with the stock HT MoS Superman, as that figure is quite large. Can anyone who has these and MoS Supes do a comparison photo to get an idea of the size?

Or "Michael Jacksons".

Perhaps just "MJs".

:lol

21 lb.? What did they add a two pound rock?

Right? Got me

I'm thinking about doing a section of ballroom.

I've actually put a little time into looking for 1/6 wood floors for the detolf to go with a nice table and a chandelier I could stick above.

Seems the accessories would lend themselves to a good street scene: cracked city street base in front of an apartment building facade. Police barricade in the forefront with the newspapers strewn about.

Definitely. I'm just curious what will fit a detolf nicely. I'll have to test some stuff out.

I finally put one of the stands together. I can appreciate the intent, making the figure look like its standing on its own, but the execution is shoddy. I laughed at the thought of wearing gloves to assemble this, until I scratched myself trying to get the metal pole into the little black thing they go into. The poles won't fit in the holes! You have to stick something in there and dig out the extra plastic so it fits.

Has any dared trying to free stand them with the proton packs lol or is that just impossible.

Got my team yesterday - Timewalker still has more to send! IMG_2660.jpgIMG_2666.jpgIMG_2665.jpgIMG_2663.jpg

So Im watching this on tv and I was thinking about comments that I remember reading about how Slimer is too small.
In the hotel scene there is a really good side shot of him drinking wine. So I tool that picture and then scaled it based on the size of a standard wine bottle. I have Slimer in that shot coming in at about 20" tall which scales to 3 3/8" tall for the figure.
What is this guy coming in at?

I am still waiting for my shipping notice from TW for the full set. :impatient:

I didn't get a shipping notice from TW, but they did ship it on Thursday. I checked with UPS because I too was concerned I didn't get a ship notice. I recommend checking with UPS.

Back