Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a scheduled delivery date of Monday from timewalker. Between all the delays, Winston's paint apps, and the delorean rollout this has been a very irritating pre-order. Let's see if it was all worth it....

Let's see if it was all worth it....

It was definitely worth it.

Thank you for all the kind words about my pics!

There's a couple of points I wanted to make. First, I think the Venkman sculpt is better than we thought - it's the eyes alone that let it down. I need to find someone just to repaint the eyes. I think he's a little bit pudgy too but generally the sculpt grows on you until you realise it's wonderful.

Second, I think it's not just the hair which makes Winston's head look small, I think his forehead is a little small even if the face is roughly the same size as the others.

Third, the skin tones are excellent - I think they're better than Hot Toys because they're properly Caucasian, with subtle changes in tone. To me they make HT skin look a little flat. They don't have those thousands of minute dots but they look like real skin with different shades of red in different areas.

Fourth, if you look at the photos you might see that I took the fat suit off Venkman and to me it's a huge improvement. What do people think? The only downside is that without the fat suit the body feels a little looser but not horrendously so.

My BBTS order shipped today. I’ll feel too bad/guilty opening them up on Christmas with my wife and kids watching.

got shipping notice from TW today...
Did you order a single or one of the packs? Cause I ordered just Venkman on 4-26, right about the time when it went up for pre-order and no shipping notice. From what Steve said, I thought they were all going to be shipped out Thursday and Friday..then everything goes back to normal Saturday. I just know with pre-ordering, it's generally a first come first serve situation (and I did order early). And I'm not sure if Steve has only sent out of the packs and none of the singles yet. Just sent an email to him making sure he did get my final Paypal payment and such.

Still waiting to receive a shipping notification from BBTS after having money deducted Wednesday.

wait.gif

Damn man! I feel ya. I'd almost be inclined to purchase the 4-pack now and then just sell the other set when you receive it. That is, if you can afford it. Not to mention, by that time you'll make a profit selling your other set.

Oh man that's a great idea! I think all the local places suddenly offering packs two or three weeks ago are all sold out now, though, so I'll probably just have to sit on my milk crate and wait. The pics people are posting look great, though! I'm sure all this angst will disappear the moment I open them in .... Eight weeks. EIGHT WEEKS. God dammit ...

Well, I don’t have to wait until Christmas for my 3pack.......I have to wait until freakin’ February. Just got an email update from Popcultcha. Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man I am right there with you. I use Popcultcha a lot for in-stock stuff but I hardly ever pre-order from them. So much for worldwide release. And if I hadn't paid in full back in April I could have jumped on some four packs being offered by local FB sellers and I'd have them in hand already! We should start a support group for Australian Popcultcha pre-orderers to help us through these dark times. There'll be Christmas and I'll have a birthday before I get my hands on my busters! Plus I want to use my damn pending Popcultcha pennies. Grumble grumble sigh. At least we know they'll be great when they finally get here.

If Popcultcha has any problems getting stock, though, and we find out too late, and miss out? I'd never forgive them.

BBTS said my 21 lb. 4-pack shipped on Friday for a Wednesday arrival. Wonder how/if it is prioritizing orders. Preordered on 10/27/16

Tom Day;9554286 [ATTACH=CONFIG said:
380437[/ATTACH]
[
Awesome, right from the music video. Just tracked my 4 pack and it's loaded on the delivery van.....for Monday:slap

Last edited:
Sweet! Received my shipping notice this morning from BBTS on the 3-pack for a Friday delivery. Now just waiting for word from them on arrival and shipment of the single Winston.

Also, has there been a retail price hike on these? I notice on BBTS that even though the PO is sold out, the price tag for the 3-pack now shows as being $824.99, while Winston shows as being $274.99. Wonder if that means that if they do get another one in, is that now the price?

Back