Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly my thoughts. The Ghostbuster 4 pack is fantastic and my favorite figures in my collection. I was really looking forward to picking up the car too. After seeing the sloppy wire work, especially under the hood in front of the radiator my enthusiasm has waned. For a 1400.00 toy they should have done better. it wouldn't take much to run the wires inside the body work. Couple that with the red decals on the fins instead of upgrading the paint and it's a reluctant pass for me.

Exactly my thoughts. The Ghostbuster 4 pack is fantastic and my favorite figures in my collection. I was really looking forward to picking up the car too. After seeing the sloppy wire work, especially under the hood in front of the radiator my enthusiasm has waned. For a 1400.00 toy they should have done better. it wouldn't take much to run the wires inside the body work. Couple that with the red decals on the fins instead of upgrading the paint and it's a reluctant pass for me.

I don't blame you. For me it was a reluctant buy. The real deciding factor was that I already have the Delorean and I am really looking forward to displaying the two cars and their respective figures together.

You’re right! I saw a video (since I haven’t picked mine up yet) that shows the interior roof panel hides wires already, so why didn’t they just put all of them under there somehow?

So I?ve been paying my local store in instalments for the Ecto1, and I?ll be able to pick it up soon. I feel on the fence now though, since there wasn?t a collective ?it?s pure awesomeness? from everyone here who bought one.
Am I making a mistake? Does anyone wish they hadn?t bought it?

Actually most people have seemed to absolutely love it in all the reviews I've seen so far, even with some of the issues they might have. I only remember one guy sounding really disappointed and underwhelmed by it.

Actually most people have seemed to absolutely love it in all the reviews I've seen so far, even with some of the issues they might have. I only remember one guy sounding really disappointed and underwhelmed by it.

That’s good hear. I do acknowledge the positive things said about it. But like most people, the price tag has me making sure it’s a good idea.
Thanks ����

Brilliant, amazing figures from Blitzway.
Cost cutting, poor paint aps and plain cheap looking Ecto from Blitzway. I have it, not trying to fool myself into thinking it's great because I bought it.

It?s finally here!!!

6f0472860e61f44e08a6ba2802225968.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slowly but surely getting everything together. Did run into another issue with the rotating lights, they turn on but don?t rotate lol. Maybe that?s a good thing because I don?t have to listen to that loud sound of the lights spinning. I?ll double check the wiring later. Here?s a couple more photos.

9fbfd77f9af9b767e5e0b7574a7ef07d.jpg
85b8e9711813923105e6bbaa2b48c7de.jpg
79235d98f272d5b05b3f9c9637b36a7f.jpg
e0072fb1ae711b29b63fb7547de5df07.jpg
8b4a0e080998ff6bd84502418e5fd839.jpg
eb95921455b7d40faf3776c12ca92d6b.jpg
9c65c7de892c63a5552d4b45d5c3050c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am scared ***** to open this thing when it arrives tomorrow. Fingers crossed it arrives in one piece smh.

That makes two of us. This I one thing I really hope comes in without any issues because the last thing I want to do is have to attempt to return it. Good luck! Mine still hasn't shipped, but it charged yesterday.

Sorry to see the QC issues on yours Texas, hope it can be sorted to your satisfaction. Thanks for posting the pics!

Back