Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly, I`m underwhelmed. The noisey and fast rotating lights is one gripe. Not so much more to complain about, maybe the plastic looking coloring of the chrome.
I am not sitting here with the big WOW. Not seen it myself, but was expecting some sort of reassurement from the release, that this is a good buy.

I`d have to pay 1000 bucks extra for shipping and taxes combined. So, just too much money without the real bang for the buck here:(
I`m a huge GB fan, but it`s just too much money in the end. Think I have to cancel my order.

I'm very underwhelmed. it is much too large for the figures- looks abit comical. Really look at the movie and study the car- how did they mess this scale thing up? Looking closely at the parts the plastic molding and detailing looks cheap and not sharp at all. They took too much on and cut quality to match the price point. I will hang on to mine and sell it at some point

I'm very underwhelmed. it is much too large for the figures- looks abit comical. Really look at the movie and study the car- how did they mess this scale thing up? Looking closely at the parts the plastic molding and detailing looks cheap and not sharp at all. They took too much on and cut quality to match the price point. I will hang on to mine and sell it at some point

I was back and forth with the comparison of figure and the Ecto (based on the picture at this thread). The height seems not far off, but when looking at the whole picture something seems pretty much off:huh

How can a small store like timewalker and or distributor bluefin have cheaper shipping rates than sideshow. They want customers to pay for their business being In California

SSC always ripped of people in shipping. Its how they pay for that rewards system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About 45 inch long 15inch wide ( at front) 12inch high ( at roof) and 21inch high at tallest point ( roof rack)

Yeah if the actual car was 251 inches long, that should make the 1/6 version only 41.8 inches, so BW definitely oversized it a bit.

Honestly though, by this point I've gotten kinda used to it looking so big next to the figures, so it's far from a dealbreaker for me.

I still think it will be worth a lot in a few years time. The HT DMC Has like doubled its value, although I think the BTTF DELOREAN is more iconic then the ECTO-1.

Are we all watching the same videos and seeing the same pictures? I can?t wait for this. I?m so fortunate to be able to afford such a toy. I much rather have an oversized vehicle than an undersized one. There?s always that build-a-vehicle subscription thing for those of you who want it small.

I still think it will be worth a lot in a few years time. The HT DMC Has like doubled its value, although I think the BTTF DELOREAN is more iconic then the ECTO-1.

Delorean is definitely more iconic, but the way this has shaken out I wonder if they even made half as many of the Ecto. It's sold out before most of them have shipped, so no doubt the cost and size kept the production number pretty low. If the new movie this summer is popular I can already hear the whining about the aftermarket price.

Yes and HT , in my opinion, did a much better job on the DeLorean on molding and overall finish. HT simplified the interior details abit to get the price point though

I remember when the 89 Batmobile came out, many people said that putting 600$ in a giant plastic car was insane but with the Ecto-1, we?re not talking about 600 or 700$ but 1700-2000$... So personally when I see bubbles under stickers ( at this price could have been painted logos) or cars wrapped before paint completely dry, it?s hard to digest...

But anyway if you are a die hardcore fan of the movie, whatever the flaws, this is still the piece to get before secondary market prices will reach the moon...

Not the Blitzway but this guy made a fantastic job on a 1/18 with the lights! :clap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cURH94oh3KQ

Delorean is definitely more iconic, but the way this has shaken out I wonder if they even made half as many of the Ecto. It's sold out before most of them have shipped, so no doubt the cost and size kept the production number pretty low. If the new movie this summer is popular I can already hear the whining about the aftermarket price.

if there are demands, they will produce more. but most likely based on whatever Ecto they have in the new movie, if the movie wins oscar.

Sadly, I`m underwhelmed. The noisey and fast rotating lights is one gripe. Not so much more to complain about, maybe the plastic looking coloring of the chrome.
I am not sitting here with the big WOW. Not seen it myself, but was expecting some sort of reassurement from the release, that this is a good buy.

I`d have to pay 1000 bucks extra for shipping and taxes combined. So, just too much money without the real bang for the buck here:(
I`m a huge GB fan, but it`s just too much money in the end. Think I have to cancel my order.

about the chrome, i believe they added a clear gloss on top which makes it look more like Silver because Chrome simply cannot be coated unless it's something like Future Floor which gets scratched off easily. then again if they left the chrome bare naked they will come off easily with oily hands, chemicals like alcohol if someone tries to clean them with alcohol wipes or they just simply oxidized. since the materials plastic they can do it the durable way like real cars.

I was back and forth with the comparison of figure and the Ecto (based on the picture at this thread). The height seems not far off, but when looking at the whole picture something seems pretty much off:huh

how can most people tell unless they own the vehicle themselves? even if it's off by 5" length as long as the proportion isn't off.

how can most people tell unless they own the vehicle themselves? even if it's off by 5" length as long as the proportion isn't off.

As I said, it was based mostly on just one picture. But, yeah, I now pretty sure see it`s way of. The proportions is the one thing that all in all, makes the figures so small in front of the Ecto. Ofcourse, since height is off then width is off and then depth too.

about the chrome, i believe they added a clear gloss on top which makes it look more like Silver because Chrome simply cannot be coated unless it's something like Future Floor which gets scratched off easily. then again if they left the chrome bare naked they will come off easily with oily hands, chemicals like alcohol if someone tries to clean them with alcohol wipes or they just simply oxidized. since the materials plastic they can do it the durable way like real cars.

They were stupid to go a paint route on it anyway! They were being cheap plain and simple. They could have had the parts vac metalized like everyone else does, or it they wanted to be able to mask and ?paint? certain areas there are spray on chroming options that use real silver etc that are full chrome looking and durable since they get a clear coat that are also not that expensive when done in china like the rest of it.

Back