Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thing is you wonder if that’s actual cost or Sideshow’s warped pricing. I mean this is the same company who charges double (or more) than what most others do. Alter Ego most items ship free, BBTS you can use the $4 shipping on most items, Timewalker it’s easy to get free shipping if you have a couple items on order and are willing to wait. I don’t doubt the Ecto-1 is more than a standard figure, but I wonder how much it’s being marked up.

After shipping and tax this thing is going to cost about $1700 all up. I can swing that but I'm not sure I can justify it.

I just looked at my old bill, the Delorean cost $37.50 to ship. It cost about $725 total. It's not apples to apples, but let that sink in. This thing is a thousand bucks more.

I feel for you guys. Shipping these things now has gotten out of hand . Paying $200 or more for a big statue or vehicle like this just isn't worth it. I thought the $60-70 shipping for the HT Batmobile was bad...The new Blitzway astronaut shipping is even more! Afraid the very pricey shipping on top of the very pricey big stuff like this is going to hurt this hobby in every way...

I agree with you. This wasn?t exactly a hobby for poor people, but now the way things are going even the average joe won?t be able to have any fun and participate.

Yikes! I had a feeling the $80 shipping someone quoted before was too good to be true, but was hoping it wouldn't go quite THAT high. I live in CA but as usual I doubt that'll make much difference. :(

In terms of price and everything compared to the Delorean, this thing is almost twice as big and when did the Delorean come out? At least 5 years ago? Most collectibles cost more now compared to 5 years ago. Also there were likely 2-3 times as many of the Delorean made so there?s the economy of scale. This easily should have been twice as complicated in terms of detail as well. That said, they seem to have cheaped out on detail in the end.

As for that mold seam line, it?s fairly necessary to have a break in the injection mold in that area, because of the details in the area, but it?s a god awful seam and would have taken like 30 seconds to clean up before they applied paint. It doesn?t seem to be there in the prototype, and things like that really cheapen the look to me.

Yeah as happy as I am with the final product (at least from what I see in pics and reviews), I'm not sure it looks worth twice the cost of the DeLorean or Batmobile.

I would without hesitation pay 1k for this plus another hundred bucks to ship but to me this really feels like collectors are being taken advantage of from all angles.

This beast of a toy looks wide! Was going to display it on top of four detolfs. Does anyone have anything wide like this they display on top of a detolf? I was thinking of buying some sort of board to go on the detolf to cover the width of Ecto. Any ideas/suggestions?

In terms of price and everything compared to the Delorean, this thing is almost twice as big and when did the Delorean come out? At least 5 years ago?

Delorean shipped less than 4 years ago. No doubt the expected cost of this should be higher, but we are talking about an increase of close to 150%.

The price was high to begin with, but I really feel like you guys are getting bent over with the shipping charges. That’s absurd that it costs as much as a lower priced sixth scale figure to ship this.

Shipping on my '89 was $200 from Chicago to Florida a year ago, and I arranged it all, shopped around, and went with a service (that used UPS for the last leg). The Ecto box does look bigger, so I am not surprised it is right around there. Delorean box is pretty small compared to the '89. $35 still seems like a steal though.

This beast of a toy looks wide! Was going to display it on top of four detolfs. Does anyone have anything wide like this they display on top of a detolf? I was thinking of buying some sort of board to go on the detolf to cover the width of Ecto. Any ideas/suggestions?
I have a double wide Ikea Bestas on top of 5 detolfs. And it?s fits fine. They are wider than the Ecto1. And they would fit into of four detolfs I just happen to own five for that area of a room.

As a fairly objective observer (I have the Dr. 3-pack but no interest whatsoever in the car) honestly it looks like a giant toy as far as the paint and detailing go. Like pieces of solid thick white plastic and not a car painted white. And the chrome really should have been there. Just my 2 cents. Congrats to all who are getting this, I?m sure it will look better in person. But for what it is the price is just outrageous to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

honestly it looks like a giant toy as far as the paint and detailing go. Like pieces of solid thick white plastic and not a car painted white.

Not going to lie, but all 1/6 vehicles seem a bit like that. They don't add those imperfections, as they do to the Iron Man armors, to add realism. Still hyped to add it next to the GBs.

Back