Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that!
To everyone complaining ALREADY that the lights are wrong, the colour is wrong and the chrome is wrong, why not wait for the review online or someone here to pipe up when they?re the first to have it in hand.
I think it looks amazing in this video. And I can?t wait until I pick mine up.

We just saw a clean video of it so reacting to that isn't in any way out of line. I am definitely waiting to hear what some of the folks here think of it in hand.

Thanks for that!
To everyone complaining ALREADY that the lights are wrong, the colour is wrong and the chrome is wrong, why not wait for the review online or someone here to pipe up when they?re the first to have it in hand.
I think it looks amazing in this video. And I can?t wait until I pick mine up.

I am lost, we have to wait for a review online or someone here before we can comment on it when we can clearly see what it looks like in the unboxing video? If you like it that's fine, but I personally feel like it's lacking in detail given the scale and cost.

Colours of paint and chrome are subjective to the video and lighting etc, but everything I have seen shows the chrome is not chrome like in the least.

I did change my opinion after watching the video twice. The interior looks way too simple and new.

06091E54-AB57-4C94-85B2-F40413B7A5A2.jpg

Anyone notice that the rear has completely changed. Look at how much of the area is red compared to the promo where the body is all white down that spot.

EDIT Now that I look online the promo was wrong and the movie accuracy is in the final. It’s supposed to be red on that section.

Attachments

• 05FAAEA5-9957-4424-B97B-308DE367F269.jpeg
    05FAAEA5-9957-4424-B97B-308DE367F269.jpeg
    132.4 KB · Views: 174
Yeah, I told them about that, no less than half a dozen times... as I knew I wouldn?t be able to fix it. To awkward to mask and paint.

There is also the addition of the big long after market mirror in the interior. Was never on the proto.

Second wave of 43 coming next week...

I?m part of that wave and have a shipping date/arrival set for Tuesday February 11...

This was purchased through TWT...

Awesome!!!!

I got to update my Will!!!

Yeah, I told them about that, no less than half a dozen times... as I knew I wouldn?t be able to fix it. To awkward to mask and paint.

There is also the addition of the big long after market mirror in the interior. Was never on the proto.

You're referring to the one inside the windshield?
1174f262b4a9cc9051f5eb72f966ac34.jpg
ghostbusters-fort-detmerring-1174505-1280x0.jpeg

It was hard to see, but was in the original prototype photos. I am glad at least they got it in there.
c3976b493ab7fa3df13454bc0176c5d6.jpg

Though pretty bummed about it as a whole...Not sure yet what I will do. Would probably take hundreds of dollars in customization to get it to a good point in my mind...and a LOT of man hours.

This mold seam on the bumper is horrible too, no way to get rid of it or hide it unless completely refinishing the bumper! Feeling more and more like they just phoned it in when they got to the end.
chrome_2020-02-05_12-55-45.jpg

View attachment 477880

Anyone notice that the rear has completely changed. Look at how much of the area is red compared to the promo where the body is all white down that spot.

EDIT Now that I look online the promo was wrong and the movie accuracy is in the final. It’s supposed to be red on that section.

Have to admit I kinda liked it better before. But I realize accuracy obviously has to come first.

I have my concerns too. those doors.. do they close flush? or did he just not close them all the way?

car needs stickers making for the hubcaps, and I get what you mean about the details. the deck lights not flashing I didn't even notice.. but damn... that's scandalous.

I too have been debating the following options:

1. cancel and just lose the deposit

2. accept the model and resell it on ebay to recoup the deposit or make a profit

3. put work into making the model look acceptable. (the side trim still needs painting this is a HUGE mistake)

This is something I'd never ever want to ship myself. It's just too ridiculous.

For me this looks well worth putting in a bit of extra work to make look better. Even if not every detail is correct, it's still an incredibly impressive piece and something that blows away any of the other 1/6 vehicles I have.

Just spoke with Sideshow to confirm. They said shipping comes in waves and that $213 price is correct. I asked why I was quoted one price over the other and the guy said “it is what it is”.

$200.90 shipping to houston tx

ouch

can anyone share what they are paying as far as shipping with timewalker?

That’s an insane shipping price. I realize this is a big item but wow. I’m glad I didn’t collect any of the figures as I’d be tempted by Ecto-1. The vehicle itself is expensive as is.

$224.19. Downside to living all the way in Fla. UPS better not tear it up the shipper as it did my '89 Batmobile.

I feel for you guys. Shipping these things now has gotten out of hand . Paying $200 or more for a big statue or vehicle like this just isn't worth it. I thought the $60-70 shipping for the HT Batmobile was bad...The new Blitzway astronaut shipping is even more! Afraid the very pricey shipping on top of the very pricey big stuff like this is going to hurt this hobby in every way...

Back