Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cancelled with Sideshow today. My store in Toronto emailed me and said he’ll have one for me next week. So I’ll get it sooner and save, probably a lot, on shipping since I can drive to get it with my pickup.

I spoke to Popcultcha today here in Australia and they have heard nothing on their allotment. I asked if they would ship direct from China and they were unable to provide an answer.

Looks like another month or so for any Aussies who ordered this.

Wow those boxes are insanely huge. I will most likely regret not buying one but kind of glad I passed as I think it is too big for me to display and storing that thing would be crazy to.

I thought that the 1989 Batmobile box was huge...:horror

Congrats to all who ordered this monster but in the same time, good luck to display it...

I not only have no where to display at the moment, but I?m not even sure how I?m picking up from UPS lol. But definitely happy to have this coming home tomorrow. Judging from the unboxing video, it?s well worth the wait.

The lights look to be rotating too fast right? Or maybe that's how it looks on video

Here's a pretty cool comparison also posted by Jon Deak.

FB_IMG_1580911541183.jpg

Overall I think it looks pretty good sitting on display. The white paint of the car looks great. I still think the bumpers don't look chrome-y enough but it could be a camera thing where it looks better in person. The details inside the car and under the hood don't look as sharp as the proto. The lights spin way too fast, are too noisy, and it really sucks that you have to download your own sound.

I have felt from the beginning that this car is way overpriced. Yet I have always wanted it too. The electronics and interior are not great, which for me mostly makes this a static display piece which I think it mostly succeeds at. Now I just have to decide if the cost and display space are worth it now that I have a better idea of the highlights and limitations.

I have to say that I am pretty disappointed in the details of the interior and roof rack. It looks very toy like with overly simplified details. I wasn't expecting to have to re-build/customize everything on it in order to get it looking as good as it could/should look at this scale and price. In some ways the 1:18 Hot Wheels Elite had better detailing and it's a fraction of the size. I agree the "chrome" looks like a sort of steel coloured paint more than chrome (not even old/dirty chrome). The light bars are definitely spinning way too fast, which may or may not be something that can be fixed without a lot of work.

For electronics, they changed things from the videos they have shown before unless there was something switched off in this unboxing. The deck lights no longer flash and only the drivers side spotlight flashes? Why would they do that when it didn't do anything on screen and the decklights did flash? It seems like this thing is shadow of what they promised. I have to debate if I want to throw away money on the non-refundable deposit or have something that I feel I have to completely re-vamp/upgrade including electronics.

So far, based on what I have seen of the actual product, I am underwhelmed.

It looks like the car could definitely benefit from a bit of weathering, at least in the crevices or on the equipment attached to the roof. The seats are nicely worn but the rest looks brand spanking new. Lol

I have my concerns too. those doors.. do they close flush? or did he just not close them all the way?

car needs stickers making for the hubcaps, and I get what you mean about the details. the deck lights not flashing I didn't even notice.. but damn... that's scandalous.

I too have been debating the following options:

1. cancel and just lose the deposit

2. accept the model and resell it on ebay to recoup the deposit or make a profit

3. put work into making the model look acceptable. (the side trim still needs painting this is a HUGE mistake)

Back