Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i cant recall the last time Sideshow toys has emailed a status on this , i dont get any updates about delays.

My last payment got pushed back to 3/20/2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Probably means nobody is getting this until April.

Which makes me think they might have called these back to avoid a high number of QC return nightmares. If this is the case I'm sure it's for the best.

Hi, Andrew
Sorry about the late reply.
The back lights of the prototype didn;t spin either.
And the motors are as same as the ones which were used in the prototype.
It was also loud in the show, but was crowded at that time so the noise might not be loud enough.
Thanks
Won

Here is their reply. Well they obviously think the back lights I am referring to are not the lightbars, because they definitely did spin. And I just don?t buy it about the motors being loud. More lies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgAWrge_OwA

Yeah I often get the sense these customer service guys are just talking out of their @ss and don't really know what's going on.

What makes you say that [emoji38]? They also purposely give unrealistic shipment dates presumably to get preorder commitments. If they didn't usually make pretty high quality figures I would call Blitzway a completely dysfunctional company.

Kg hobby posted this yesterday with the caption ?another one just shipped? I guess this means this is going ahead with no recalls? Are these going to be shipping one by one? Jeeeeez.

Something is very askew about the whole rear light bar thing. To recap...

This video with just lights shows them rotating
https://streamable.com/r7cht

This video with the siren shows them looking to be stuck, but I am guessing it might be a power issue as it looks to me like that's a battery pack plugged into it, could be the batteries died and he plugged in the pack and it didn't have enough power to run everything smoothly with the sound as well? The rear light bar motor(s) just can't quite get going.
https://streamable.com/kmb7f

Though the conflicting stuff starts when davejames got a reply from Ben Chen saying that they don't rotate (he later revised it and said he got them working...adds to the confusion), and don't look like they can rotate, and that no one tried his friends one? Why would you not try it to make sure something isn't wrong with one or both? My guess is perhaps he thought davejames was talking about the rear deck lights? That's the only reason I can think of that he would say that you can tell by looking at them that they don't rotate given the light bar lights are a bit tough to see behind the fairly dark blue plastic.

andyrcii gets an email from Blitzway saying that they never rotated, which is blatantly false since more than one video, including their own promo video. So either they are just saying "x never worked that way" to cover their QC bases before hand and be able to try to avoid returns, or they also maybe thought we were referring to the deck lights?

If they are truly as loud they seem to be that is pretty crappy and you would never want them on. If they don't work that's worse. If it's actually arduino controlled that would be great to fix any mistakes or other issues, though I would not pin much hope on that. I can't imagine any company using an open source option to control the lights in something when boards flashed with exactly the programming they want can be made for as cheap or less.

Yeah, I think they are referring to the deck lights, those circular ones that flash on and off(?)

And I think that is an SD card or whatever its called, which you have to put on the siren sound effect yourself, not a battery pack. In the promo there is a video of them replacing the batteries which were AAs which are housed in the roof rack equipment.

It looks silly with it just laying next to the car like a colostomy bag..

I don?t like how the headlights flash. Why would they do that? It makes it look like a toy. A toy you paid over a grand for.

When mine gets here, I?ll fix whatever problem it has...

Now a days with the new LED mini lights that are out now and sound cards can be added; I?ll buy that for a dollar!!!

Yeah, I think they are referring to the deck lights, those circular ones that flash on and off(?)

And I think that is an SD card or whatever its called, which you have to put on the siren sound effect yourself, not a battery pack. In the promo there is a video of them replacing the batteries which were AAs which are housed in the roof rack equipment.

It looks silly with it just laying next to the car like a colostomy bag..

I don?t like how the headlights flash. Why would they do that? It makes it look like a toy. A toy you paid over a grand for.

I see what you are saying, though to me it looks more like a battery pack than any current audio player (and very large if just some sort of SD card reader), like this: battery pack.jpg

I mean it's all guesswork anyway, there are some odd choices going on it seems. If it's a battery pack, why does it plug into the roof rack? If it was in the bottom I would assume there was a USB plug for allowing the car to be run off an adapter rather than just batteries, which could be the case, but entirely stupid to have it someplace it can't be hidden. I can't see them needing some external anything for sound since adding sound to the electronics is a matter of a couple chips and a SD slot, both dirt cheap, so again stuff is seeming weird on this thing. Regardless we can't go too much on the prototype vids cause they just have what looks like an Arduino nano or mini laying in the top as the prototype electronics and an off the shelf battery holder which again I think would be odd choices to make for any finished piece when they could mold in their own battery holder.

If I had to guess I would say that the headlights probably have 2 modes at least. I had put in high beams, low beams, and a modern police style wig wag. The wig wag I only did because of the shot in the montage (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwKR_y93izs at 1:20) where the one headlight goes out. At the time I assumed it was like what modern emergency vehicles do with their headlights. I still like the option but prefer to have it accurate if they don't have modes.

I to will likely mod the lights, at the very least the cool white LED for the headlights have to go! I am pretty sure they had warm LED in the teaser pics so it looked more realistic. I also will disconnect the lights in the pontoons on the rear. The only light that should be there is the white centre (reverse lights). I get the feeling they may have copied some light patterns and choices based on youtube videos of fan modded models and 1:18 stuff like mine. I am not sure any of the guys that have real cars have the wig wag lights, and I didn't know about the pontoon lights (or lack thereof) till after I did mine and was talking to someone I know with 59 MM.

Popcultcha in Oz has just raised the price of this to $2999, thats more than double the US price. Glad I preordered at the $2499 price. 3K is getting a bit rich for this.
Im sure it will be epic when it arrives....

Ok whoever gets this one better post a review, dammit. :D

I got one coming in from Timewalker. Hopefully it won?t be much longer. Given the size of it, I?m probably going to need to rent a mini car lift for the review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Popcultcha in Oz has just raised the price of this to $2999, thats more than double the US price. Glad I preordered at the $2499 price. 3K is getting a bit rich for this.
Im sure it will be epic when it arrives....

Ditto. I thought the price had gone up but I wasn't sure due the time that has passed. Luckily I got in long before it did.

Back